Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, had my assessment centre yesterday for the internship scheme.

Seemed extremely well organised and administered. Still struggling to connect what I saw yesterday with their ridiculously poor track record of replying to email's and phone calls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurkin123)

Seemed extremely well organised and administered. Still struggling to connect what I saw yesterday with their ridiculously poor track record of replying to email's and phone calls...
    Was it in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    Was it in London?
    It was in Solihull :\

They put me in a hotel overnight though so not too bad. My Friday timetable is pretty light this term so I didn't miss much; just a lecture that is, at the best of times, of questionable importance!

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected the other day for finance, "too many applicants" LOL

ReputationRep:

What tests did you have to do? Reasoning, verbal etc? If you can PM with details that'd be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    It was in Solihull :\

They put me in a hotel overnight though so not too bad. My Friday timetable is pretty light this term so I didn't miss much; just a lecture that is, at the best of times, of questionable importance!

Mine's there too so I might not go..so far!

ReputationRep:

how was the tests - standard shl level? what did they make you do afterwards. got my ac for corp finance on tuesday. hope yours wet well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monster101)
    how was the tests - standard shl level? what did they make you do afterwards. got my ac for corp finance on tuesday. hope yours wet well
    Standard SHL Logical Reasoning. 40 questions in 20 minutes; if you finish them all then kudos! I had about 4 or 5 left but its not negatively marked so make sure you get something down!

ReputationRep:
    Standard SHL Logical Reasoning. 40 questions in 20 minutes; if you finish them all then kudos! I had about 4 or 5 left but its not negatively marked so make sure you get something down!
    what about the group exercise/ presentation - is it very technical?

ReputationRep:
    As in the diagram ones with you finding the next sequence?? or maths calculations or verbal reasoning??

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icman)
    As in the diagram ones with you finding the next sequence?? or maths calculations or verbal reasoning??

thanks in advance
    The format where you get 5 diagrams and then have to work out which one will come next.

No maths in sight!

EFA: This is all for the General Management scheme. I'm pretty certain that the other streams are the same but I can't be 100% sure..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monster101)
    what about the group exercise/ presentation - is it very technical?
    I can't really give you any advice here as there is no way to prepare for them. Just be confident but not cocky and try to include everyone while standing out a bit in the group exercise. And as for the presentation; there's no such thing as a "wrong answer" but you have to be ready to justify what you say- it's worth thinking about the sort of questions you are likely to be asked during your preparation time as if you can't offer a convincing answer then it could get very awkward..!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerpartysystem)
    Got an assessment centre invite for Finance internship for this.
    What date?

ReputationRep:
    perfect. thanks gurkin. going up today, having it tmr.. will give you my experiences. nervous!

ReputationRep:
    how have you guys prepared for question in the competency section "whats going on with lloyds right now, who are there main competitors, how lloyds compares to its competitors and what is corporate markets" having some problems with these questions any help is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have been up to Solihull this Thursday and did my assessment centre. I got a missed call today with a voice mail telling me that i have been offered a place for the summer internship. i do not know any details yet though, as they will contact me back on Monday, will post more details when i know more.

So there is some promptness there from lloyds, and for those going up, I would give three advices: practice reading quickly, practice logical tests (symbols sequence) and know some current events about lloyds.

In preparing the last point, I would search lloyds on news website and look at other peoples opinions of it, and also form your own opinions. There is a good article on last fridays economist about he Uk banking sector too.

Best of luck, anyone secured a place on the finance intern, please contact me, will be gald to get to know you.

ReputationRep:
    can someone who has been invited to these final rounds please post a telephone number for hr recruiting team so i can get in touch with them please?

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person to have my AC in London? It's for an internship in general management.

ReputationRep:
    So i had my telephone interview finally yesterday morning for the Corporate Markets summer internship. All seemed to go very well, felt good about it all. Glad to have finally had my interview after being emailed in November saying an interview would be scheduled in December, then eventually booking one in early january then them failing to ring me, then rescheduling for last week of Jan, then my interviewer was off ill so had to be rebooked for 10 days later. Finally I had my interview, and have been emailed saying:

"At this time we are close to filling our target of offers for the 2011 intake for the Lloyds Banking Group Corporate Markets and Finance Intern programmes.
    We have received a large number of applications for a limited number of available internships for Summer 2011. We have already filled the assessment centres that were required to achieve our recruitment targets.

Consequently we are unable to progress your application further. We regret any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause you.

If our target increases we may look to contact existing applicants, such as yourself. If this is required, we will contact applicants with priority going to those whose applications had been started the earliest and had progressed the furthest in the recruitment process."

Has anyone had the same? Feel slightly robbed, as surely there would have been places back in early January when I originally booked gutted.

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help me? I have an assessment centre for HR in Solihull on Thursday and applied to have a hotel room for the night before. However I have heard nothing back as yet. Does anyone know how long they usually take to get back to you before offering a hotel room?? Many Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.