Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
    So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!
    :facepalm2: I suggest you avoid girls in the future if you don't want to be offended. Also, you should learn how to use apostrophes.
    http://www.mantex.co.uk/2009/08/30/e...e-apostrophes/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    We both know how you can repay him. :fan:

I expected that.

ReputationRep:
    OP sounds like a poor sleeze

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl tbh, or the relationship itself.
    some of my friends like take advantage of their boyfriends, expecting them to pay for everything...
    i feel bad when they pay, so most of the time its 50/50 and even if they say they will pay i still give them the money (:

ReputationRep:
    I have always offered to go halves, and occasionally I insist on paying the full bill. If the boyfriend doesn't let me pay the full bill, we half it.

I have never expected him to pay for the whole date and never will.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh my eyez.

ReputationRep:
    You've just been going out with freeloaders, OP.
    I always bring my own money, and only don't pay if I have someone insist on paying.

But then again, this is TSR, what else could I expect but a generalisation that's not true for most people? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    the answer to this one is easy;
    Does a bear **** in the woods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTomD)
    girls* they're* better* than* boys*...

That's the title fixed, for starters... :rolleyes:
    Sukh my student room.

ReputationRep:
    You are's going to be a lonely person Mr. Thread Starter's.

But in all seriousness, you sir are truly a thrifty ass motha fugger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    The spelling and grammar in the OP and title makes me want to cry.

An apostrophe in a plural? Really?
    Don't forget every word beginning with a capital.
    Their, instead of they're.
    And than, not then.

How can someone actually get it that wrong? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect my boyfriend to pay everytime, but he does and it's lovely. I've been brought up in a way that a guy pays for the girl when they go out and it turn, the girl looks after the guy at home, making sure he is fed etc.
    Plus, I repay him in other ways :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Normally I insist on paying for dinner/movie/gig tickets whatever, but then let her get the first round at the bar if she insists, which she generally will.

ReputationRep:
    Title + OP's gender = fail. . . .

OP I pay my own way in my relationship, and he doesn't drive so I do all the driving, I give him all the lifts etc.

Go get a girlfriend and stop trolling H&R with pointless threads which have been done a hundred time before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    basically if a boy takes the girl to the picture's she will not expect to pay. even if they had not mentioned who's paying what the girl should not just assume that she doesn't have to pay. Also it's the same going for a meal. the girl's seem to think that everything in the world is free. I see a lot of my friends being taken for a mug recently. How would Girls feel if they went to the cinema with their Boyfriend and got to the pay point at the cinema, and the boy say's i brought no money as i thought you were paying. I bet the girl's would find this disrespectful.
    So you girls out there who think you can take your boyfriend for a ride, think again! Have some Respect!!
    dont be such a tight arse, be a gentleman and treat your girl right.

plus i will neg rep you for your spelling, its here is the correction "do girls think they're better than boys?"

ReputationRep:
    Boys are better than girls on some aspects and vice versa..thats obvious

ReputationRep:
    I never *expect* anybody to pay for me, I'll always offer up money, fully willing to pay my own way, and will only let the guy pay after I've asked "are you sure?"
    Same rule applies with drinks, unless the guy pulls out a twenty and asks me what I want, I'll get out my own purse. I also tend to return favours like that anyway, and if he doesn't want to seem "ungentlemanly" in the pubs we go to (which tend to be real ale, therefore full of older people with more "traditional" values) I'll give him a tenner before we go in so it looks like he's paying.
    Win win.

ReputationRep:
    I always pay on dates or when I take my girlfriend out, I don't even go for halves just because I'm one of those people who feel awkward having to see others pay (friends included).

I don't mind it, I actually prefer it. BUT, I do expect the girl to offer to pay or suggest paying half...I would decline anyway but it's important that she does offer.

It's about the principle, if a girl comes along assuming she's entitled to have everything paid for her with no intention of paying then that's a big turn-off and she won't make the second date. It's very telling about her character and tbh I can't stand girls who think they should just get a free ride in life because they're women/good looking.

I've only ever come across such a girl once, fortunately! No prizes for guessing she did not make the second date.

ReputationRep:
    Only ever let my boyfriend buy me a coffee, and that's because we were going to share it. To be honest I don't really think it's fair to make someone else pay for what you're having, unless it's going to land you in a sticky spot. I alwaysss pay him back if he ever buys me anything, and insist on him never buying gifts, because, what's the point? Best things in life are free, as they say... Plus, girlfriends aren't forever. BROS BEFORE HOS!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    (Original post by emilina)
    Title + OP's gender = fail. . . .

OP I pay my own way in my relationship, and he doesn't drive so I do all the driving, I give him all the lifts etc.

Go get a girlfriend and stop trolling H&R with pointless threads which have been done a hundred time before
    Please read my thread carefully next time! I'm wasting valuable time now to explain this to you!
    Boys should pay for girls (vice versa) 50/50 capeesh! I have made about 10other replies to people who have commented bad on this and it's beginning to test my patience. REMEMBER! READ FIRST! Only God can judge me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.