Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell her she's fat and ugly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If i were you, i would just be friend with her, thats the best she can get from me at least..

ReputationRep:
    no dont just vanish! just talk to her less and less as time goes on. say youve been busy/met someone offline. get her to lose interest in you.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her you are seeing someone else, simple.

ReputationRep:
    Dont tell her, just be polite and hide from her online.

ReputationRep:
    The girl is at fault for displaying inaccurate pictures of her on the internet, a syndrome also known as the Myspace Angles. Simply disappearing is probably the best option. The girl is probably used to it anyway, as are most desperate people online.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore her for a while and she'll lose interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    Yea but I can't **** her personality, can I?
    Oh, so you only want to **** her. Then you are not worthy of her.
    • TSR Support Team

If this is how you really feel, don't put her through the pain, just stop contact with her. It will hurt her but hey it is better than stringing her along.

ReputationRep:
    Don't upset her by telling her she's ugly and fat.. just vanish.. if you're so shallow it's probably for the best for her anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I met this girl online, and I saw a couple of photos, she seemed pretty enough. We spoke a bit and she asked if I wanted to meet up. I agreed, but we didn't arrange anything. Then I added her on FB and, uh oh, she's actually awfully ugly, fat and pretty weird all round.

I no longer wish to meet up with her. She has just asked me when I'm free.

Shall I delay and delay and delay until she loses interest?
    Shall I just block her and vanish?
    Shall I tell her that having seen more accurate pictures of her I now don't want to meet up?

Or I guess there's the option of meeting with her but being an awful bore and seeming extremely disinterested - she'd get the hint.
    Tell her the truth as she is obviously aware that she is hideous and she tried to hide that fact from you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i thought FB was for girls to make themselves look physically enhanced from certain photos and try tricking themselves they're actually fit! If this girl doesn't even do that then mate, tell her straight away, no point meeting her up and wasting money as she'd probably eat a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    Why don't you turn up and invite back to your place? You could always use her as a bean bag or something.
    "You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!" Nooooo!
    (note; I don't normally condone insulting overweight people, but that made me lulz)

OP, I really think you should give her a chance. As someone said, she could be one of those really unphotogenic people (I look a lot worse in photos than IRL) and still be really pretty when you meet her. If you really liked her before the picture, there is no saying that you still won't be attracted to her when you meet in person.

If you meet her and are unattracted to her, then spin her some spiel about how you're not ready for a relationship right now and slowly trail off contact with her. Do NOT tell her she is fat and ugly, because that's unecessary and mean.

ReputationRep:
    You should just vanish if you really don't like her. But if she has a nice personality her appearance doesn't matter. I think it's better to meet her. Why all men like only pretty women? Gosh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    The girl is at fault for displaying inaccurate pictures of her on the internet, a syndrome also known as the Myspace Angles. Simply disappearing is probably the best option. The girl is probably used to it anyway, as are most desperate people online.
    Yea, myself included, haha. I spend a lot of time on dating sites and 90% of uninterested girls just disappear, the rest are very annoying and just keep pretending they want to meet up some time but delay it or don't turn up and basically drag it out and out until I give up.

(Original post by Helen4)
    Oh, so you only want to **** her. Then you are not worthy of her.
    No, I certainly don't want to **** her!

(Original post by balface)
    If you really liked her before the picture, there is no saying that you still won't be attracted to her when you meet in person.
    I didn't "really like her" - I just replied because she spoke to me. I get like 10% replies and 1% meetups from dating sites, so I take what I can get. Unless they turn out to be ug-lay, in which case I sometimes talk to them online but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the distinction is, really. Either way you're choosing words that are less direct, less accurate, less "honest", in order to provoke a good (or less bad) reaction from someone.
    Well the lie would be "Yes I'd love to go out with you, you're gorgeous!"

The truth would be "You're fat and ugly and the idea of touching you repulses me.."

Tactful (but truthful) would be "I don't think this is going anywhere as I don't feel the same as you."

I'm not saying don't be honest, but I don't think there's any reason to be downright harsh about something that won't make a difference to the situation, other than to upset someone unnecessarily..

(Although maybe if you tell her she will go on a crash diet and become fit, so who knows!! )

ReputationRep:
    He's not shall at all.

Vanish mate lmao Just completely ignore her, she'll get pissed off and move on

ReputationRep:
    Just say your account was hacked.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a **** to her, but tell her that she gave you misleading photos and that you don't think she's your type. That way you're not being too harsh and you're making her aware of what she's doing wrong ,so that she can correct it in the future.
    Nasty to be nice, you might make her lose weight which will make the world a better place to live in.

Yea but I can't **** her personality, can I?
      If all you care about is sex, there are two options:

*Go to a club and get an easy girl
      *Pay for a prostitute

ReputationRep:
      Just meet up and say that she's just not your type after all. No point in smashing her self-esteem to bits, that would be cruel.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.