Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Old couple keeps stealing my cat. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My granny has one of the neighbour's cats in her living room pretty much constantly.. but the neighbours don't seem to mind- because they've recently got a kitten and the older cat doesn't get on with it so isn't allowed in the house during the day poor thing.. anyway I digress!

Cats are really easily bought.. if you give it better food than they do, it'll stay at yours. Or just don't let it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    AHH reminds me of my youth in Liverpool.Still your not a true pro until you let a tiger loose in your school
    Lool, or perhaps a swarm of mosquitos infected with malaria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    Lol okay let me rephrase. I would like suggestions that don't include bombs or dead bodies please.
    Errmm well you see.....get your cat treat food to ween him off the oldies crap

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them forcefully to stop feeding the cat, luring the cat with food, and if they want one they should get their own. That or break their hips.

(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Merking is super effective.
    Merking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Point!)
    Hit them where it hurts the most. Steal their slippers.
    :toofunny:

brilliant

ReputationRep:
    There's this old couple about a 2 minute walk from my house who keeps treating my cat like theirs.

It started two years ago when they felt the need to give my cat chicken and fish and what not.

So obviously being a cat my cat kept going back and forth from my house to theirs. Now the cat sleeps in their house some nights and they have the audacity to complain.

At least once a week they bring the cat to my house to and say 'Oh Snap(My cat's name) keeps eating the food, and sleeping in our bed). I wouldn't take offense if I knew they were shooing him but they don't.

I have seen them stand outside my house and lure him to their car! When my parents go to work and my siblings and I are at school/college they have the cheek to say that we are neglecting him, by not being at home. They even went as far as to say that people with pets should never go on holiday. When we go on holiday my cousin house sits and looks after the cat. I leave food out in this shelter thing in the garden before I leave so it's not like we are starving him.

They leave food in bowls for the foxes to eat. They take in 'lost' cats. They're lovely people, just incredibly annoying and bored.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Rant over.
    If you are saying that when you are all out you leave the cat out as well I think you are a bunch of barbarians who should be banned from keeping pets.

ReputationRep:
    There's this old couple about a 2 minute walk from my house who keeps treating my cat like theirs.

It started two years ago when they felt the need to give my cat chicken and fish and what not.

So obviously being a cat my cat kept going back and forth from my house to theirs. Now the cat sleeps in their house some nights and they have the audacity to complain.

At least once a week they bring the cat to my house to and say 'Oh Snap(My cat's name) keeps eating the food, and sleeping in our bed). I wouldn't take offense if I knew they were shooing him but they don't.

I have seen them stand outside my house and lure him to their car! When my parents go to work and my siblings and I are at school/college they have the cheek to say that we are neglecting him, by not being at home. They even went as far as to say that people with pets should never go on holiday. When we go on holiday my cousin house sits and looks after the cat. I leave food out in this shelter thing in the garden before I leave so it's not like we are starving him.

They leave food in bowls for the foxes to eat. They take in 'lost' cats. They're lovely people, just incredibly annoying and bored.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Rant over.
    The best thing to do with these people is literally laugh at them. They are proper idiots. Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with the experience.

My cat was kidnapped and kept by our neighbours. That was 6 years ago and they still have the cat now. We knocked on their door and they said the cat was theirs. We let them have it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because judging by your username you think coffee stinks . I guess you could try telling them leave your cat alone. they might be suffering from dementia so it isnt thier fault probably.

ReputationRep:
    I had the kind of opposite thing with a cat called Penny - She was someone elses in the street when she was little but she preferred to be with this retired couple so they basically took her in and she was there's for about 6 years, then they built a new house next door and moved in there - we bought their old house but the cat didn't want to move so we pretty much had her until she died.....I miss her....

ReputationRep:
    I think my cat has this problem, but with the side effect that he's not particularly friendly... so he's being fed all over the place but still comes back to torture us. He's also incredibly fussy with his food (our fault) so we only buy him the stuff he likes, and he always comes back for more. My cat got lost once, and I was trying to find him outside, and I could hear him mewing. I was really confused because it was on my driveway but he wasn't under the car or in the garage. I don't know how he did it, but he was in my neighbours garage? Cats are crazy.

Actually, the law would be on your side... I think. Your cat would be "lost" or "strayed" and therefore the neighbours should do what is reasonable to return your cat. I would be really annoyed if they were feeding him and then complaining about it, so I would probably go round and have a word. Ask them to put your cat out, and give your cat lots of treats and attention.

ReputationRep:
    My cat used to be fed by me and then go up to the flat upstairs and have seconds because the people in the flat upstairs assumed that the cat wasn't fed because she always ate their cat food. Cats being cats my cat loved cuddles and in the evenings would be cuddled by me and in the day by the girl in the flat upstairs. In the end when I moved I left the cat with the flat upstairs- very sad but probably for the best and they got a pedigree burmese for nothing. There was a children's book -I forget the title -about a cat who was fed by all the neighbours because each neighbour thought the cat had not been fed at all!
    I think you should speak to the neighbours though- also has your cat got a tag? Because if the old people were a bit forgetful the tag would remind them of where the cat lived.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    my cat snuck into my neighbours house last year... imagine their surprise coming into their bedroom to find her asleep on their bed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    Strap C4 to your cat and voilà
    Trying to make a suicide bomber cat :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummyperson)
    . There was a children's book -I forget the title -about a cat who was fed by all the neighbours because each neighbour thought the cat had not been fed at all!
    Mog?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go nuts if someone was doing that to my cat - obviously not from a cruelty perspective (I'm sure your cat is enjoying having two loving owners!) but just because it is YOUR cat, not theirs. I say just let them know, tell them to stop feeding him, and make your home as appealing to Snap as possible. They really should leave other people's pets alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummyperson)
    . There was a children's book -I forget the title -about a cat who was fed by all the neighbours because each neighbour thought the cat had not been fed at all!
    Six dinner Sid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    If you are saying that when you are all out you leave the cat out as well I think you are a bunch of barbarians who should be banned from keeping pets.
    And what would you suggest I do instead? Quit college at constantly live at home?

ReputationRep:
    Shank em whilst they're watching Corrie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I actually believe that they could not. This is going to sound strange but cats are not seen as being "owned" unlike dogs. They are seen as individual entities. For example, it is legal for me to take a neighbours cat that is being a nuisance, and have it spayed, and this is not breaking the law in any way, as I do not need the permission of the owners.
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I don't believe that the law would take a good view of someone who picks up a cat and then takes it somewhere, but if a cat, of it's own free will, even if aided by them giving it food, as long as it was not held against it's will. Not sure if they could be prosecuted for that to be honest *sighs* which is really sad if you love your cat but they keep tempting it away :-(
    You got a source? No offence but I find your story doubtful. If a cat has a microchip/nameplate then it has an owner, at least in mine and the majority of people's opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    You got a source? No offence but I find your story doubtful. If a cat has a microchip/nameplate then it has an owner, at least in mine and the majority of people's opinion.
    Vet told me. As did the Cat's Protection League in my area. I know it seems farfetched but meh.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.