Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I went to a strip club yesterday... watch

ReputationRep:
    "...and the toilets were really clean!"

ReputationRep:
    I been to silks in manchester a few times, so funny in there, they say all sorts of **** to try an persuade you to get a dance, i just watch them on the main pole, the talent in the place is amazing though, even though you stand no chance of getting any, you feel right at home, especially when your pissed.

(Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    Strip clubs are pretty seedy and depressing. I don't see why the OP feels sorry for the dancers anyway, they make tons of money for almost no work at all.
    I wouldn't say tons of money. The work they do is degrading, Also it makes me think about the circumstances that led them there. Plus some of the dancers are thick as pig ****.
    I would explain myself in more detail but, I'm trying to write an essay

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel it's a big deal to go to a strip club. It might not be a bad idea as it's getting you meeting girls with the kind of experience you like, but on the other hand it's not really smart to go for them.
    How old are you?

I don't think all girls are clueless at sex, if you're younger than 20 then I'm not surprised you feel that way. In my experiences some of the smarter girls (not fat or ugly) know what they're doing. If it's stupidly confident/forward girls that you're after then you might find that they don't actually know as much about sex as they give off.

Strip clubs aren't a big deal, and it's fine if you like going, but I wouldn't go regularly as girls tend not to like it, despite it being a fairly normal thing.

Those who pity the strippers really should take a reality check.

ReputationRep:
    I have to be really ****ing drunk to be in a strip club and not feel awkward. It's more of a laugh when you're there with mates, rather than a chance to get horny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a difference between love and lust
    One of my mates ideas, seemed like a fun idea and I'm not gonna ruin a night out
    Of course, there is but the terms you used were "to pay for her to pretend to like you." And even lust would be fake lust. :rolleyes:
    You say you are not going to ruin a night "out" but you are emotionally ruined and entering in a strip club is not going to be better for you.
    You are depressing, suffer from insomnia and have erectile dysfunction but you are not doing anything to get out from your hole regarding the place you visit. Seems like the girls who choose to flirt with a depressing guy with erectile dysfunction are not the only ones who don't know what they are doing.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've not been to one yet, but I may end up going next month as one of my friends may be having his 21st in one.

Personally, I don't see the point in spending a hundred quid getting an erection I'm not allowed to do anything with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1990)
    Ive never been to one, I don't think id be annoyed if my boyfriend went to one for a stag do/lads birthday night out, but if he went on his own I'd be annoyed.
    Single guys in general, i don't think theres anything wrong with them going to strip clubs, they're legal, the women know what they are doing and I'm sure for guys it is fun!
    This! I'd be fine with it if all his friends were doing it for a big occasion, I don't think I'd like the idea of him getting a personal dance or whatever, that's a bit weird, but otherwise not a problem really

ReputationRep:
    Never been to one and don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    Only desperate, dirty minded people would go to a strip club to feel the slightest sense of belonging...its sad that you can get pleasure from watching a young girl in her underwear , probablly a single mum & all you sick men gauping at her throwing money at her...do you not have better things to spend your money on...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinkyminkymoo)
    Only desperate, dirty minded people would go to a strip club to feel the slightest sense of belonging...its sad that you can get pleasure from watching a young girl in her underwear , probablly a single mum & all you sick men gauping at her throwing money at her...do you not have better things to spend your money on...?
    As if the strippers were forced into this line of work... Of course, some of them are, but most dancers are just young divas who don't want to mop floors at McDonalds for a a few pounds per hour when they can strut their stuff for hundreds if not a thousand quid per night. I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of them thoroughly enjoy getting all the money of hapless patrons, more of an ego boost than anything if you ask me. The real degrading jobs are the low paying physical labor ones a monkey could do for half the price. The image of the stripper being a victim with 10 kids dependent on her salary is a myth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Oh god, reading that back sounds awful.

I don't get aroused by anything, not by something weird.
    Are you "asexual"?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Never been to one, don't plan on going to one, if my (future) bf went I would be a little put out, why would he want to pay someone to strip when he has me for free?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Are you "asexual"?
    Yes.

(Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Of course, there is but the terms you used were "to pay for her to pretend to like you." And even lust would be fake lust. :rolleyes:
    lust, fake lust, let's not debate over semantics
    You say you are not going to ruin a night "out" but you are emotionally ruined and entering in a strip club is not going to be better for you.
    I wouldn't say I'm emotionally ruined, neither would anyone else who knows me. It seems like you're trying to build a picture of me without knowing anything about me except labels.
    You are depressing, suffer from insomnia and have erectile dysfunction but you are not doing anything to get out from your hole regarding the place you visit.
    What makes you think I'm in a hole, for all you know I could have embraced my depression, insomnia and erectile dysfunction. Depression has made me ask bigger question, Insomnia allows me to get much more work done, Erectile Dysfunction means I occaisonly avoid stupid mistakes like having sex with some randomer from a club.
    I'm an optimist so nothing you can say will really, put me down. Tbh I'm not suprised you're in the neg rep, it seems like you're trying to amateurly pyschoanalyse a wall of text.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Prove it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Prove it. :rolleyes:
    How am I supposed to prove I'm asexual? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Never been into one but I wouldn't rule it out - at the end of the day I personally think girls look much better that barely-dressed than most men (unless they are Tyson Beckford...nomnomnom!) and i'm comfortably straight enough to know i'd not get turned on by it.

As for my boyfriend going...I trust him enough. That + Strict rules on no touching/jerking off etc = nothing for me to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lust, fake lust, let's not debate over semantics
    I wouldn't say I'm emotionally ruined, neither would anyone else who knows me. It seems like you're trying to build a picture of me without knowing anything about me except labels.
    What makes you think I'm in a hole, for all you know I could have embraced my depression, insomnia and erectile dysfunction. Depression has made me ask bigger question, Insomnia allows me to get much more work done, Erectile Dysfunction means I occaisonly avoid stupid mistakes like having sex with some randomer from a club.
    I'm an optimist so nothing you can say will really, put me down. Tbh I'm not suprised you're in the neg rep, it seems like you're trying to amateurly pyschoanalyse a wall of text.
    You must be very very bad to WANT to not to differentiate what is fake from what isn't.
    Anyone who pays for some fake lust MUST BE REALLY BAD. You said you are depressed and suffer from insomnia but you aren't emotionally affected by them. :rolleyes: A depression obviously affects your emotions and the same goes for insomnia. I love how your typical sentences of "I'm not bad, I just suffer from depression." :rolleyes: If I'm labelling you it's because of you labelling yourself. :rolleyes: If you have willingly embraced depression you must be STUPID. NO ONE EMBRACES DEPRESSION, it embraces you. And the same goes for erectile dysfuntion. Depression is a disease. Insomnia will eventually KILL YOU. And erectile dysfuntion is a syntom of your mental unstability regarding your own self-esteem. If you need that to avoid random sex you are not that different from the person who needs a straitjacket to avoid hurting himself. :rolleyes: Of course, I believe you. :rolleyes: You are depressed but optimist, you suffer from erectile dysfunction and pay for fake lust, you suffer from insomnia and instead of trying to overcome it you work. Of course, I cannot put you down. It's impossible. You have reached the bottom. I'm not psychoanalysing you. I'm just joining your ideas. Mad ideas. Erectile dysfunction only will worsen your self-esteem problems already crushed by your depression and meanwhile, lack of sleep will finish you off. Let's see if you are alive in three weeks.

ReputationRep:
    How am I supposed to prove I'm asexual? :confused:
    Proving you are not sexual. You know how, don't you? :rolleyes: I was joking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.