Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Anyone know if Brunel allows cars?? My brother just bought me one...think he would be a bit gutted if I didn't take it!
    Nice. What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    If there is good public transport, no.
    If the public transport is poor/you have to go on placements, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    I didn't answer because it bears no relevance. Don't cry because your argument fell flat on it's face due to your own poor grammar.

Of course I've been to hull, I wouldn't comment otherwise.
    I wasn't the one who brought up a slang word as 'proof' that someone goes to Hull uni. You threw grammar into this argument, not me. I was simply trying to prove that even someone who must live in such a wonderful town (which you still haven't named) can still make grammatical errors.

And yet you give no reason why you're slating Hull so much. I don't normally like to throw the word snobbery around but in this case it seems to apply.

Of course naming where you live is relevant. Because it would prove to us that you also live in an average British town which probably has a lot in common with Hull. You just don't want us to know that because it'd make you an easier target and a hypocrite . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thombo1)
    I wasn't the one who brought up a slang word as 'proof' that someone goes to Hull uni. You threw grammar into this argument, not me. I was simply trying to prove that even someone who must live in such a wonderful town (which you still haven't named) can still make grammatical errors.

And yet you give no reason why you're slating Hull so much. I don't normally like to throw the word snobbery around but in this case it seems to apply.

Of course naming where you live is relevant. Because it would prove to us that you also live in an average British town which probably has a lot in common with Hull. You just don't want us to know that because it'd make you an easier target and a hypocrite . . .
    No you weren't, you just decided to jump into a debate to which you had no invitation. I'm from London actually, which is nothing like Hull, neither is it a town. Now pipe down before this thread gets off topic, which WOULD be irrelevant.

Kthx.

ReputationRep:

Sorry but is it necessary for you to post just because you're from Hull? No need to jump on the defensive because Hull is utter ****e.

ReputationRep:
    Mate it's an open forum, I can reply to whatever I want. There's plenty of bad things I could say about London, like every town/city in Britain, but I usually keep my trap shut because I don't like to offend people and also because I recognise there are lots of great things about London.

This total ignorance about Northern cities, especially Hull, really gets on my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    Mate it's an open forum, I can reply to whatever I want. There's plenty of bad things I could say about London, like every town/city in Britain, but I usually keep my trap shut because I don't like to offend people and also because I recognise there are lots of great things about London.

This total ignorance about Northern cities, especially Hull, really gets on my nerves.
    Hull is NOTHING like London. NOTHING like. If you think they're similar then you are an idiot. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    Hull is NOTHING like London. NOTHING like. If you think they're similar then you are an idiot. End of story.
    Missed the part where I said they were anything alike.

ReputationRep:
    you also live in an average British town which probably has a lot in common with Hull. You just don't want us to know that because it'd make you an easier target and a hypocrite . . .
    Part not missed. Lets leave it at that shall we.

ReputationRep:
    Genius, that was before you told me you lived in London, possibly because you knew it has a higher crime rate than Hull.

Bye.

ReputationRep:
    No you weren't, you just decided to jump into a debate to which you had no invitation. I'm from London actually, which is nothing like Hull, neither is it a town. Now pipe down before this thread gets off topic, which WOULD be irrelevant.

Kthx.
    To be fair, you were running your mouth off in the first place by criticising someone's choice of uni.

Just a bit off-topic...

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, you don't. Public transport is fine and, more often than not, you are close enough to get around ok by foot too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    To be fair, you were running your mouth off in the first place by criticising someone's choice of uni.

Just a bit off-topic...
    Actually I was criticising Hull in general. But ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Basically when i was taking all the accommodation tours at each uni i visited, they all said you won't need a car.

Now is this the case or is it an attempt to just keep traffic down? Each of my uni choices all had great public transport around the area, so is there any need?

Cheers.
    we don't need a car, we walk everywhere as everything is within 5 minutes walking

ReputationRep:
    Why do you all need cars? Where I'm from, camels are more than good enough. And for all of you studying in hull, I think horses would be more appropriate as that city as backwards as can get.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. What did you get?
    Haha...you wont think so when I tell you. You watch inbetweeners? That. Yellow cinquecento with a red door. Joker ayy? lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha...you wont think so when I tell you. You watch inbetweeners? That. Yellow cinquecento with a red door. Joker ayy? lol
    HAHA Brilliant. Not so good for this weather though.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA Brilliant. Not so good for this weather though.
    lol I know. Gutting, I can't drive the beaut ha, even got my very own "honk if you want a blowjob" sticker. Well chuffed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolmuslim)
    Why do you all need cars? Where I'm from, camels are more than good enough. And for all of you studying in hull, I think horses would be more appropriate as that city as backwards as can get.
    You are excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if Brunel allows cars?? My brother just bought me one...think he would be a bit gutted if I didn't take it!
    If you live in Halls or within 2 miles of campus then you can't take your car during working hours. You can have out of hours parking (5pm - 8am) free of charge but you would have to move it off campus during the day. No street parking nearby due to residents and hospital in the vicinity. If you live more than 2 miles then you can apply for a permit at £93 per year. Doesn't guarantee you a space but you can come onto campus to look for one. Pay and Display is 50p per hour and limited. Uni has good public transport links. Some students such as sports scholars and teaching placements may be considered with the approval of their school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.