Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    You've got about the average number of A*s for a successful applicant for L101. Possibly just under, but not by far enough to be significant. To compensate (and put yourself in as strong a position possible), don't just aim for As at AS but for 90%+ in every module. If you can manage that, it's all down to showing interest in and flair for the subject.
    I think i'm going to get around the same as you did in your GCSE's. Where they good enough for something like LSE? not sure if you go there or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4M1ExIRE)
    I think i'm going to get around the same as you did in your GCSE's. Where they good enough for something like LSE? not sure if you go there or not.
    I am not there--I'm on a gap year, I did apply last year and read up on the figures and the application process. I have applied for LSE, but haven't heard back yet--I have got an offer from Oxford though, so those GCSEs wouldn't hold you back too badly.

They are slightly below average for LSE. Not low enough to be too damaging to your chances, but if you are taking your GCSEs in June, I would advise you to work hard and aim somewhat higher--7-8 A*s would put you just above average, and give you the best chance you can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    This is your first post?

What is wrong with you?
    What is wrong with me? You are predicted 44 in your IB and you are asking what your chances are. People get unconditional offers with that score. Are you stupid or are you just trying to show off?

Seriously people stop putting pointless questions and spamming these threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeZl)
    What is wrong with me? You are predicted 44 in your IB and you are asking what your chances are. People get unconditional offers with that score. Are you stupid or are you just trying to show off?

Seriously people stop putting pointless questions and spamming these threads.
    fyi, I'm not OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    how are those bad gcse grades? i bet you felt like showing off... well done for embarrassing yourself

THANKS FOR THAT HAHA
    I just got an anxiety wave haha cos I got all B's and are considering LSE
    top laddd

ReputationRep:
    Bad mood today so this may come off as a bit of a rant :mad:

Why do people persist in coming on here and asking if they could get into LSE? Haven't any of these people done any research on what it takes to get into LSE? Haven't they scoured the LSE website for every scrap of information about the course they intend to apply for? Haven't they been to an LSE Open Day or a Student Shadowing session?
    There is nobody on here who can categorically say if any applicant will or will not get into LSE or any other Uni. Nobody knows the standard of the other people who will also be applying or how many places will be available. Nobody knows how good or bad everyone's PS will be. Nobody knows if each PS will show the requisite passion that LSE look for or be able to define what that passion actually is and how you write it down in words.

I did my research and sent off my UCAS application before I joined here. I chatted to many people in the LSE Entry thread who had excellent grades, superb extra curricular activities and work related experience and they had been told that they had good to excellent Personal Statements yet they rejected. If there was some magic piece of wisdom that could be passed along to every applicant to ensure they got accepted, then nobody would be rejected.

Get the best grades you possibly can ( but it still might not be enough)
    Get as much extra curricular/work experience as you can ( but it still might not be enough)
    Write a unique, individual and passionate PS (but it still might not be enough)

Send off your UCAS form - and roll the dice. You either get in or you don't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.