Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What time did you get into/leave school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    People have such long school days :eek: My school starts at 9, I normally get in at 8:55 (lol :p:) and ends at 3:30.

ReputationRep:
    the normal day is 8.30-4.35 with the maority of people getting in at 8.10
    mondays/tuesdays I have the normal day, but, wednesdays I finish at 11.35, thursdays at 1.00 and fridays at 12.30

ReputationRep:
    My old school was 8:45 - 3:10.

But my current school is 8:45 - 4.00 although it's post 16 so I don't always finish and start at that time.

The best time to finish imo is around 3 o'clock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Erm... Not true in the slightest. I had 20 mins for break and 55mins for lunch which means I had 6hrs20 of school a day which seems on par, and even more on some occasions, with the amount of time people spent at school, including breaks.
    So you agree that you had a better education as you spent more time in school? Sure, you spent more time in school, but this does not mean you had longer lessons, or did you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    So you agree that you had a better education as you spent more time in school? Sure, you spent more time in school, but this does not mean you had longer lessons, or did you? :confused:
    I think it's already been established that I did... And yes, I did have a better education than most, fortunately for me.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the bus yesterday at 2.55pm and was amazed to see loads of school kids on it. Apparently they start school at 8.45am and finished at 2.45pm.

I was flabbergasted because I started school at 8.25am and finished at 4.00pm. That means that every day, I had an extra 1hr35mins of school. That's 7hrs55mins. With 36 weeks in a school year, that's an extra 285hrs a year, or the equivalent to 47.5 shorter school days. That's 9.5 weeks extra, a year. That means in 5 years, I had the equivalent to a whole school year, plus 1 extra term of schooling.

So when did you start and finish school?
    At my secondary school, we had reg between 8.45 and 9am and would finish at 3pm.
    At my sixth Form school, they started at 8.45 (though we didn't have to come in until 9am) and it ended at 3.20pm.

The only reason they ended later though is because there's another big school literally 5 mins walk away and most of the kids from both school's have to use public transport to get back into the city centre...

ReputationRep:
    9 - 3:30pm

each day has 6 periods 50mins long

ReputationRep:
    School hours: 8:50 - 3:40.

I physically arrived at school at 8:10, though.

ReputationRep:
    My senior school was 8.50 to 3.15. We had a 20 min morning break and a 40 min lunch. also 20 min registration in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. So our lessons were 50 mins but I can't remember if we had 5 or 6 a day. I think 6, I could work it out from the times but cba

ReputationRep:
    The school day starts at 8:30 and finishes at 3:30, but obviously in sixth form it can vary loads. Now that I have some late starts/early finishes, I don't know how I coped with the 7 hour day for 5 years...

ReputationRep:
    I start at 8:30am, arrive at school anywhere between 8:20 and 8:40..

Finish at 2:30pm, get home at 3:30pm

ReputationRep:
    8:30 - Registration/Form Time (9:00) - Start
    3:10 - Finish
    4:10 - On some days

ReputationRep:
    In high school ; 8.25 - 3.20

ReputationRep:
    8:50 untill 3:30

ReputationRep:
    9.00 am - 3.30 PM

Thursdays was until 6 pm though due to sports.

ReputationRep:
    8.40-3.40 xx

ReputationRep:
    I think it's already been established that I did... And yes, I did have a better education than most, fortunately for me.
    I'm confused.. So you did have longer lessons than others?

ReputationRep:
    We start at 8.30 and finish at 3.55

ReputationRep:
    Dubai : 7h40 to 14h30 or 8h00 to 15h00

Spain : 9h00 to 13h00 and 15h00 to 17h00 private

or 9h00 to 14h00 public

ReputationRep:
    Secondary School; 8:55am - 3:20am
    Sixth Form; basically whenever i have a lesson, one day i could have 1, another day i could have 6

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.