Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is something wrong with me, can't believe I did this........? Watch

I agree you should see a doctor if you think you may be depressed or this is troubling you/affecting your life, as they can help. I think what you describe has a name - a form of fear of heights? Something phobia! Will say though that urges to jump and so on are actually surprisingly common (I certainly get them anyway, same with trains...) and it doesn't mean you have scizophrenia! Honestly, users of this forum...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    my point
    Fair enough: in that light, I can perhaps see what you're getting at :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi don't be too harsh on yourself. We are all human. We over analyse all the time. These thoughts that you have are just irrational and you understand that don't you. You are a decent human being and deserve to be happy. If you want to speak to a GP, do it! They won't judge you and will offer you advice. Remember you are in control of your life and at times we all get weighed down by a bit of depression.

ReputationRep:
    As many have said before me, please go and see a doctor. You don't deserve to feel that way, and there are people who can help you.

ReputationRep:
    Counselling help to understand things more clearly I am holding a free group counselling session on 21st feb at the eccles gateway salford. 6:30 pm It may help.
    I am a person-centred counsellor and would love to see you there.

(Original post by Davetate)
    Counselling help to understand things more clearly I am holding a free group counselling session on 21st feb at the eccles gateway salford. 6:30 pm It may help.
    I am a person-centred counsellor and would love to see you there.
    Thats a very kind offer but unfortunately Im from Surrey so its a very long way, I am going to try and see a counsellor about it. Good luck wiht the session

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I was supposed to have an interview this morning up in London. ANyway, I left before it even started because of these suicidal feelings I get.

It was on like the 5th floor and when I was walking into the office, there was a balcony with a very low fence. ANyway, I walked in and sat down to wait for interviewer. Then I suddenly ran out cos I couldnt get these feelings/urges out of my head to jump, I didnt even stay for the interview. I drove an hour to get there. Im honestly not trolling, I think there is somethign very wrong with me. I dont want to feel this way, its horrible. It happens everytime Im up high somewhere and there is a balcony or smoething, I have to get out. I dont have voices, just really strong urges to jump.

I supopse I have probably been suffering from depression for a while and find it very difficult to get up inthe mornings, finding it difficult to get a job, just too many regrets from getting a 2.2. I cant imagine being normal again
    It is good that you have identified signs that may suggest there is a problem.

I think it would be a very sensible idea for you to go see your G.P. to explain how you have been feeling.

You could print what you have wrote in this thread to have something in writing. You have explained yourself very clearly.

Hope this helps.

Luke

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.