The Student Room Group

Is this a good Xmas present for my boyfriend? Or have I gone overboard?

Scroll to see replies

It's really and nice and thoughtful, but he'll feel awful for not getting you anything! You did agree no presents afterall..
Reply 41
Original post by Tyraell
Why not cook him dinner, give him a massage and then use the underwear? It's not really an xmas gift, but it's still a nice gesture.

This guy has style :wink:
Well if you did that for me ..i would love it :smile:...
If it includes a hotel and some sexy underwear it's an awesome present
Original post by Arielle
My boyfriend and I live quite far apart but he's coming to stay with me just after Christmas for a few days and I thought I would surprise him even though we said no Christmas presents, just each other's company sort of thing.

We haven't been together for very long (couple of months) but I booked a superior room in a five star hotel, a massage, romantic dinner at a top restaurant and some nice underwear (hehe). In my head it was a great idea, but he's a bit of a "no-fuss" person (which is why we said no presents) and we haven't even been together that long and I know it sounds stupid, but I'm worried he'll be like "WHAT THE F**K?" And I'm panicking loads!

So my question is, if you're a boy (or a girl, I guess) would you be freaked out and think woah, overboard! Jesus! or would you think it was just a nice gesture?

(I don't think my boyfriend has TSR, but hope you like it if you have :wink:)

:eek: , would be my reaction. I'd honestly consider it a little...well I guess overboard, but I'd soon calm down and feel incredibly flattered. Also really guilty especially if I'd done as your boyfriend suggested and not got you much.
Why the hell is everyone criticising this girl and saying here boyfriend is going to feel awful when he finds out? FFS! This is probably the best thing that could happen to him! A nice meal, an awesome hotel, a massage and then his hot girlfriend (you are pretty hot, btw) in some underwear?! Jesus - I think it sounds like every guys dream and think you should definitely go for it.
Awesome idea! Hmm I wonder if my boyfriend would like that...
I think it's a brilliant idea, he might be worried that he didnt get you anything but i suppose its just a really nice jesture not a present.

I bet he will love it.
You're definitely going over the top. Just get him an Xbox and a copy of Black Ops and he'll be fine.
Reply 49
When you tell him about it, if you just make it really clear that you did it on a whim, you're really embarrassed and you've been stressing that he'd get scared off at it all etc. etc. i think he'll find it charming. Then he'll have to reassure you, and boom he'll have to show you how much he's loving it, then he doesn't have to feel guilty and voila! Nice christmas pressie for both of you.

Option 2: say very seductively that you haven't got him a present but you did get yourself one- all u wanted for christmas was him, alone with u in a hotel... and ask if he'd oblige

Option 3: Say your parents/friend/aunt doris or whoever bought u a night in a hotel as a present and you'd like to invite him cos itll be rubbish on your own

My vote is option 1 or 3 (option 2 is probably preferable to an average guy, but a small percentage of guys may find it intimidating...)

Have fun!!xx
Original post by Analbeauty
I think he'll be happy that he clearly has the best girlfriend ever.

haha! exactly what I was thinking!
I dont get why he would be annoyed/demasculated or anything else. Even if they had agreed not to buy presents, it's not like she expects anything in return she just wants to please him. She's gone all out for him, anyone to turn that down would be mad.
tbh, after a couple of months.. that's a bit much. i'm sure he'll like it, but he'll probably feel really bad that he didn't get you something!
Reply 53
I think it's a bit much after just two months. He may think you're desperate to keep him and so therefore are splashing out loads.. and how will you ever top this? I'd imagine this being a great gift for maybe.. one year anniversary?

In the mean time, like others have said, cook, massage him yourself and wear the underwear. It will go down just as well and technically, then you still haven't brought him anything :wink:
Reply 54
Yeah, this is a bit too much. lol
Reply 55
You girls don't have a clue! If he said that then he would rather you bought him nothing than all this rubbish you have wasted money on. He will hate it and will now have to pretend he likes it just to keep you happy.

Some guys are stubborn and hate when people buy them things or spend money on them. He told you that though and you buy him loads of things and then wonder where you went wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest