Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asylum seeker who left girl to die after hit-and-run allowed to stay in UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah but if they kicked him out that would be racist and they don't want to be seen as racist because that is bad plus while he is here it makes the uk look more multicultural which is a good thing that we all must enforce. our government see it as a good thing that a white child died and that this man has lots of kids because it helps with diversity. apparently killing white people is good for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    He is? Or was? Or will be? I don't see why it can't be the case that he will be able to contribute to society, given the right help. And that is what matters: the future.
    He immigrated here, has a string of crimes under his belt as well as taking someone's life with no remorse what so ever.

Future is looking very, very bright....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    He is? Or was? Or will be? I don't see why it can't be the case that he will be able to contribute to society, given the right help. And that is what matters: the future.
    How likely is it that this man will suddenly begin to respect this country and never commit another crime after already committing several crimes and killing a white child with no remorse and begin to positively contribute to this society? Very unlikely indeed.

You'd be a fool to think this man would ever be good for this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    Not really. It lacks the 2 vital aspects which makes something a crime, which are intent and malice. This a tragedy and the guy is no doubt a coward but he is by no means a murderer. Although, I do admit that 4 months seems a very lenient sentence
    What is manslaughter then?

P.S. So you decided not to answer my direct question?

Should he have been allowed to stay in this country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    Fair point, but I'm sure you can appreciate what I was saying.

For example, there have been several recent cases where the rights of would-be mass murderers who have no place in our society appear to have trumped the rights of people who are members of our society.
    It is unsurprising that criminals are the ones who have court cases over their human rights. The vast majority of people have minimal contact with the state, and there is no opportunity to violate their rights.

(Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    If there are any parameters in offering asylum
    There aren't. Quite properly.

(Original post by Aj12)
      But he has a string of criminal convictions as well.
      Well, he has three driving-related convictions (driving without insurance, driving while disqualified, and not stopping after a driving accident) and one conviction for harassment. Label that a "string" of criminal convictions if you like, but it's hardly the kind of history that can't be easily put behind him. I'm afraid that a few posters on here are a little busy and so are unable to do more than skim the journalistic accounts. Indeed, when I first read this thread I had a similar picture of his history in my mind. But if we go back and try to find more information on his history, it begins more and more to look disproportional to write him off as beyond hope.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by L i b)
      It is unsurprising that criminals are the ones who have court cases over their human rights. The vast majority of people have minimal contact with the state, and there is no opportunity to violate their rights.

There aren't. Quite properly.
      So really the moral to draw is that abstract prescribed "Rights", are really no such thing.

Of course peoples ordinary real rights have been violated in all kinds of ways under the last government.

It used to be the case in English law that you had the right to do something unless explicitly prohibited by law. Now it is the other way round.

ReputationRep:
      If his claim to asylum was genuine enough to warrant upholding, you have to consider whether he'd really be committing crimes so flagrantly in the first place.

Apparently, the threat of deportation to a country he insists would persecute him isn't a strong enough threat to stop him from murdering children in his host country.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Time Tourist)
      What is manslaughter then?

P.S. So you decided not to answer my direct question?

Should he have been allowed to stay in this country?
      Manslaughter still involves malice and intent you silly sausage. It is just seperate from murder because the intent is not to kill. I didn;t even realise you were asking me that question. But, yes I do think he should stay in this country, I just feel that his sentence should have been longer

ReputationRep:
      What kind of moral vacuum exists within the judiciary that men with such little compassion, such lack of humanity, can put the rights of a child-murdering serial offender above those of a father?

It's not even like they were forced to do this - there existed multiple avenues for deportation. This was purely rubbing salt into the wound.

I have already fired off a letter to my MP, who happens to be a Tory.
      I thought this kind of thing had been flushed into the sewer along with New Labour, but apparently not.

Time for more direct action. I'm also thinking of contacting Amnesty International. There's clearly a systematic abuse of indigenous people happening here, and it needs to stop sooner rather than later. The courts are sick. They need a cure.

ReputationRep:
      Scumbag

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Broderss)
      yeah but if they kicked him out that would be racist and they don't want to be seen as racist because that is bad plus while he is here it makes the uk look more multicultural which is a good thing that we all must enforce. our government see it as a good thing that a white child died and that this man has lots of kids because it helps with diversity. apparently killing white people is good for us.

Have you had some kind of SERIOUSLY bad experience with an ethnic minority in the past or something?

ReputationRep:
      I don't know how anyone could argue for him being allowed to stay in the country. What happens if next time it's his lawyers daughter/son that he runs over?

ReputationRep:
      Fcking ridiculous, but I don't expect much from our judicial system anymore. And how is an Iraqi kurd seeking asylum - Kurdistan as safe as many parts of the UK.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Roocky)
      Have you had some kind of SERIOUSLY bad experience with an ethnic minority in the past or something?
      I love 'ethnic minorities' but I loathe the PC brigade and all the bull**** they stand for for bull**** reasons.

ReputationRep:
      boo hooo..... the typical little englander sob story

ReputationRep:
      I love 'ethnic minorities' but I loathe the PC brigade and all the bull**** they stand for for bull**** reasons.

I see. You may want to put that across more in your posts, you come off a little crazy at times.

ReputationRep:
      Why do I get the impression that those people who think of ethnic minorities like they do a favourite pet, don't actually live in a neighbourhood where ethnic minorities form the majority?

ReputationRep:
      The fact he only got 4 months leads me to believe this wasn't entirely his fault.

ReputationRep:
      But we have to be aware of different cultural norms. Perhaps in his country it is normal not to stop after knocking someone down.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.