The Student Room Group

How do you react when you recieve a present?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natashapt
Ha, I would most definitly say thank you :smile: food is my second favourite thing..

Cool, lol......Whats your first favourite thing then? :wink:

19, Scottish, Student. you?
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
Cool, lol......Whats your first favourite thing then? :wink:

19, Scottish, Student. you?

Sleep :tongue: im 18, welsh and in year 13!
Sleep :tongue: im 18, welsh and in year 13!

lol.....I love sleeep sooo much. But my sleep pattern is all disrupted.
My room is extremely cossy, have two heaters. My dad says "Turn the heater off or you'll kill yourself!!!!!!" :frown:

Two days ago, I was actually asleep for 17 hours, man, everyone loves sleep. :colondollar:
:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 43
When I am given presents, I usually cry, then attack the person. It's my way of showing gratitude.
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
lol.....I love sleeep sooo much. But my sleep pattern is all disrupted.
My room is extremely cossy, have two heaters. My dad says "Turn the heater off or you'll kill yourself!!!!!!" :frown:

Two days ago, I was actually asleep for 17 hours, man, everyone loves sleep. :colondollar:
:biggrin::biggrin:

I dunno HOW people can possibly sleep for that long , my bf is exactly the same, hes been asleep since 5 o clock yesterday afternoon and is showing no signs of waking up yet :tongue:
I dunno HOW people can possibly sleep for that long , my bf is exactly the same, hes been asleep since 5 o clock yesterday afternoon and is showing no signs of waking up yet :tongue:

It's actually to do with 'boredom'. A typical 19/18 year old will have grown all out all technologies, especially nerds like me.

I have a PS3, Xbox 360, 24 hours access to laptop and internet, more than 60 games. I actually have everything a 12 year would dream of sooo much.

But still I get bored easily. 'Lazyness' seems like a disease actually.
No matter how sincere and profound it sounds in my head, it ALWAYS comes out as a really wooden 'Oh my god, thank you, I love it so much!' and then I can never think fast enough to negate it by showing some genuine enthusiasm. This is for gifts I like and... don't feel so enthusiastic about, by the way.
Reply 47
Original post by d123
Aftershave for an 11 year old?

The card sounds awesome though :tongue:

My obsession with fragrance began on the 22nd November 2002, my 10th birthday. My mom bought me some ridiculously strong stuff called Black Suede from Avon and i kind of loved to stink the corridors out with it.

My tastes are now more refined and my application less liberal. The girl bought me some Joop, which was and is awesome.

The card was awesome :smile:
Reply 48
Should I ask her for an explanation or just let it be? It's really bugging me.
Maybe she thinks you want more?
Reply 50
When I recieve a present from someone I always take it from them, thank them and put it aside to open later.
Then when I'll next see them, I'll thank them again say how nice it was etc.
Saves them having to see your face if you don't like it. Win/Win scenario.
Reply 51
Original post by damos92
My obsession with fragrance began on the 22nd November 2002, my 10th birthday. My mom bought me some ridiculously strong stuff called Black Suede from Avon and i kind of loved to stink the corridors out with it.

My tastes are now more refined and my application less liberal. The girl bought me some Joop, which was and is awesome.

The card was awesome :smile:

Black Suede smells like crap! :lolwut:
Reply 52
Original post by jordz
Black Suede smells like crap! :lolwut:

I know this now, but back then i thought i was some sort of 2002 Danny Travolta when i splashed it on, i really did think i was the man while i wore it because people just used to stare at me when i wore it.

I now know they stared because i was attacking their nostrils with vehement vigour.

In my defence, we used to think that baby food was nice, as we grow we realise that eating what is slushy crap isn't nice, just like wearing Black Suede now wouldn't be nice, as opposed to Chanel Allure.

Or, WD40.
Reply 53
Like it: Hug
Hate it: Window
Reply 54
Original post by Ice_Queen
Maybe she thinks you want more?

Want more what?
Original post by Anonymous
Want more what?

i.e. if you're friends she may think you want to take it to the next level (i.e. a less-than-platonic relationship).
Reply 56
i.e. if you're friends she may think you want to take it to the next level (i.e. a less-than-platonic relationship).

Yes, that's why I gave her the present...
Yes, that's why I gave her the present...

And you don't think you may have scared her off?
Reply 58
And you don't think you may have scared her off?

Maybe, but you can still give a present just as a friend :hmmm:
Maybe, but you can still give a present just as a friend :hmmm:

I know that, you know that, but does she know that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending