Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy a revision free Christmas while you can.

Personally I would employ the old 'I'm not revising for tactical reasons' plan. What you do is don't revise for mocks, and that way when you do revise for your actual exams you're guaranteed to do even better.

E.g: I got a B in my mock without revising, so if I revise for the real thing I'm bound to get an A!

That's peace of mind

ReputationRep:
    DON'T REVISE TOO MUCH FOR MOCKS!!! Just go over key points. You need to know what the worst mark what you could possibly get is!

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need to revise that much for mocks, because you could burn out before the real thing, which is what is important.

ReputationRep:
    im revising 7 hours a day..spread out through the day that is during the xmas holidays
    ive got real ones too thou

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I revised at all for my mocks. Oh yes I did actually, I got put in this revision class thing where my parents had to stand over me to watch me revise. That was just great. I copied words out of the dictionary and ate too much.

Honestly, mocks don't count at all.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly possible... When it comes to a couple of weeks before my exam I aim to do about 8 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi

Got mocks coming up!!

Haven't revised yet!

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how?

I have 7 subjects to revise for.

What I was thinking of doing was if I did

From 9-2 do 40 minutes of work an hour = 240 minutes
    From 3-6 do 30 minutes of work an hour = 120 minutes
    From 7-9 do 20 minutes of work an hour = 60 minutes

Which equates to 420 mintutes = 7 hours. Will that work and is the reasnable?

Please help!

Thanks guys!

Y'know, I think you should revise for your GCSE's, yes it's quite easy for me as an a-level student to be all "oh GCSES are so easy, you dont need to revise" but i think it's good practice. Although you definitely don't have to work that much, it would just be ineffective!

What I'd do is this. No revision. They're mocks for gods sake. Then when you get your results from them, compare them for where you want to be and work out how much you need to put in to get where you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    WTF man. I'm doing 4 hours a day for A2. Just spend 5 hours per subject for GCSE mocks, that should more than get you the grades.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs require no revision whatsoever so no.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't bother to revise for mocks at all really. It has absolutely no impact on you final grade. Just enjoy your last year of not having proper exams. Even when it came to the actual exams I only revised a few hours a day, although I just don't find revision that effective.

ReputationRep:
    No way. I'd do that much on the days just before my exams, but never a month before! If I were you I'd set manageable amounts of work every day, you'll never be able to keep up six hours.

ReputationRep:
    First: GCSE's.... :facepalm:

Second: Mocks... :facepalm: to infinite.

Seriously, focus on your social life instead. You only live once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi

Got mocks coming up!!

Haven't revised yet!

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how?

I have 7 subjects to revise for.

What I was thinking of doing was if I did

From 9-2 do 40 minutes of work an hour = 240 minutes
    From 3-6 do 30 minutes of work an hour = 120 minutes
    From 7-9 do 20 minutes of work an hour = 60 minutes

Which equates to 420 mintutes = 7 hours. Will that work and is the reasnable?

Please help!

Thanks guys!

yes it will, i'm not hardcore or anything but i have studied for loaaads of exams in my life.

BUT:

- do not take caffiene. if you are tired a 15 minute kip will rest your mind more and help you learn
    - ensure you are not kidding yourself and it is 6-10 hours of REVISION not LEARNING. if you are learning new info allow only 4-6 hours a day productive work as it is more tiring for the brain.

its great how you have regular breaks BUT you MUST stick to the timetable or else there is no way you can do it. it i only did 20 min per hour i'd go overboard on my breaks and take an hour not 20 mins.

EDIT: sorry if its GCSE mocks nah dont bother killing over it. relax, do a couple hours a day BUT throughout the next year do all the homework and ensure you have a good basic understanding that will cut your revision in half since you will know it already. seriously enjoy your time now cos next year GCSE, the year after AS then A2 then uni exams for 3 years then post grads. this is your last fun year my friend!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tips guys and keep them coming!!!! =D

I think I might have mislead some of you guys. By revision I think I actually mean learning, as to be perfectly honest I haven't been paying attention in class in the last few years...

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was for A levels! This much revision for GCSEs?? Mock GCSEs??
    Don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Road to El Dorado - My favourite film ever
    Same!! I don't anyone else who has seen or even heard of that film

And in answer to this question, it depends on you, really. I would lose my mind if I had to revise for that long (especially if it were 6 hours straight.. no break). However, it works for some people. Give it a go and see how you find it, discover your pace and what suits you best.

ReputationRep:
    Its easy. People in demanding jobs work 12-14hours a day all year round. 8 hours is nothing, though quality over quantity.

Its worth doing. You'll have less fun in the two weeks before exams but having good GCSEs will impress years down the line. I revised 8hrs a day for a few weeks before my GCSE, got all A* and still got comments and made a postive impression when applying for competitive graduate jobs

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising for OCR 21st Century Core Science exams in January over this holiday, going to plan on spending the days I'm free doing them. Also, I want to go over some History that we've done (as some stuff went in one ear and out of the other) as I feel revising for this will be the most difficult, so learning it now will put me in good stead. As well as making sure I know how to do the Sine and Cosine rule in Maths (I was away, and when I returned I was positively bamboozled with it). So I'll be working hard I guess.

I would never do that much for mocks, for the real thing I'd probably equal that or do more. But certainly not for mocks (unless of course the school will be using it to put on the application form for colleges, then I'd make sure I got the grades I want).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    that...is excessive! i didnt revise anywhere neear that amount..
    it was a little excessive but i had to do it! competition for the course i want is just too high to take any chances! what u get?!?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to get full A* so I need to revise a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.