Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Good, I'll be a **** then.
    I hope your inexperienced girl gives good hea-

Oh wait, there isn't even an inexperienced girl in your life is there?
    Of course there isn't; the only guys that claim to care about this kind of stuff are the ones who are simply bitter because no-one will have sex with them because they're boring and hateful; and rather than doing something about their defective personality they'd just rather that no-one else was getting any either.

If they actually had a chance to date one of these so called ****s, they'd drop their current prejudices like a stone.

Show me a man who cares about a girl's "magic number" and I'll show you a self-righteous hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Of course there isn't; the only guys that claim to care about this kind of stuff are the ones who are simply bitter because no-one will have sex with them because they're boring and hateful; and rather than doing something about their defective personality they'd just rather that no-one else was getting any either.

If they actually had a chance to date one of these so called ****s, they'd drop their current prejudices like a stone.

Show me a man who cares about a girl's "magic number" and I'll show you a self-righteous hypocrite.
    Really? Presumably if their adherence is to a monotheistic faith and they are opposed to a woman being promiscuous for religions reasons - then they would almost certainly not date or do further things with what they perceive are '****s'. Otherwise it would be hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and only slept with 3 guys, and within my old social circle I was seen as the boring one because I didn't sleep around. One girl even slept with three different guys in the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessyAnn)
    I'm 20 and only slept with 3 guys, and within my old social circle I was seen as the boring one because I didn't sleep around. One girl even slept with three different guys in the same day.
    :eek:

Problem is these women have no dignity in themselves. The sort of girls that open their legs to 10 different guys in a year are the sort I would rather avoid since they're more likely to cheat on you. Instead I would rather find a woman who has a little bit of self respect and leaves sex to actual relationships, rather than one night stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Problem is these women have no dignity in themselves. The sort of girls that open their legs to 10 different guys in a year are the sort I would rather avoid since they're more likely to cheat on you. Instead I would rather find a woman who has a little bit of self respect and leaves sex to actual relationships, rather than one night stands.
    Why? They like conquering lots of men and they are doing a good job of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessyAnn)
    That may sound quite impressive, but what if she was just taking one in each hole?

ReputationRep:
    OP you are forgetting - only you know your number! as long as you carry yourself well and dont sleep with more than a couple dudes from each circle, no guy will ever find out if you've been around. how will he know the difference between a girl who has slept with 2 guys, and a girl who has slept with 30 guys, but one in each country while on a 3 month world tour? he wont unless you tell him. men arent sharp when it comes to these things. just dont dress revealingly, be classy and he wont ever know.

also if it helps, im a virgin and this puts men right off, suggesting there is an optimimum number of partners, like 3-7

ReputationRep:
    but how would you kow if she doesnt tell you?? and how do you know she isnt lying??

men are so dumb. so many guys say "ewww i'd never have a relationship with a girl whose slept with over 20 men thats gross she must be a total hoe." but how do they expect to know this? they will not be able to find out as long as she dresses decently and doent shag guys from the same group

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're really something special, you've ruined your chances of getting into a serious relationship later in the future...

ReputationRep:
    ...lmao OP, what kind of responses did you expect from teenage boys who sit around on student forums on a friday night?

Spoiler:
    Show
    not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, i just can't see it being a very representative sample...

I find some of the replies on here absolutely hilarious!
    Firstly, I wasn't talking about myself, I was asking about other girls.
    Yet somehow several males on here have come to the conclusion that I sleep around.
    I don't think I made myself clear!
    In 5 years, I've slept with 6 people, and 4 of them were boyfriends, the other two were at uni. I've had 2 other boyfriends who I never slept with. Considering everyone is sleeping with everyone else at uni, I don't think I've been that terrible, and I've never had a one night stand. But suddenly I'm 'using men's genitals as a public toilet' err, what?

ReputationRep:
    I find some of the replies on here absolutely hilarious!
    Firstly, I wasn't talking about myself, I was asking about other girls.
    Yet somehow several males on here have come to the conclusion that I sleep around.
    I don't think I made myself clear!
    In 5 years, I've slept with 6 people, and 4 of them were boyfriends, the other two were at uni. I've had 2 other boyfriends who I never slept with. Considering everyone is sleeping with everyone else at uni, I don't think I've been that terrible, and I've never had a one night stand. But suddenly I'm 'using men's genitals as a public toilet' err, what?
    Let's see now, 4 boyfriends in 5 years. Plus 2 on the side. No.. it doesn't make you look any better.

(Original post by APonderingMind)
    Let's see now, 4 boyfriends in 5 years. Plus 2 on the side. No.. it doesn't make you look any better.
    Yes I went from relationship to relationship.
    But that's not ****gy! That just means I was asked out.
    Yes two of them were short relationships. But one of them last 2 and a half years, another lasted one year. I never cheated.
    Are girls not meant to sleep with anyone who isn't their boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)

Aww.

The truth is there is no logic in blindly stigmatising sexual behaviour, regardless of gender as 'immoral' or 'wrong'. Anyone adhering to this bandwagon should be ashamed, there should be no place in society for these appalling double standards where sexually active men are glorified and sexually active women are judged. For what I can see most of these '****s' are just women with the morals of most men.

The worst thing is, as the above user pointed out most men are quick to label women with a wide vocabulary of offensive words: whore, slut, ****, skank, hoe, tramp etc etc, but wouldn't think twice about jumping into bed with them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APonderingMind)
    Unless you're really something special, you've ruined your chances of getting into a serious relationship later in the future...
    but how will he ever know?

a classy lady never tells, and if she dresses tasefully and doesnt sleep with guys form the same circles, or if she has three skank years at uni shagging over 70 odd guys, then moves away how will the serious guy ever find out?

men think they are soooo smart :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OP, my situation is almost identical to yours. Strangely similar, actually.
    I don't really understand people saying "you won't be able to find a proper relationship in the future". It's not like we all walk around with numbers above our heads - nobody would need to know you've slept around. I don't get how people are apparently making this distinction, or where they draw the line.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from a guy who's an ex-**** and been through a bad break up and make up with his current girlfriend;

It shouldn't matter at all. It doesn't make a difference. When I have sex with my girlfriend, I'm thinking about her and I make sure she's thinking about me. She's had several guys before, she lost her virginity to me but when we broke up she slept around as did I. It didn't make a difference to our relationship once we got over it, the sex didn't seem any better or worse. I still love her all the same and it's just sex.

I can understand if a girl has had MANY more guys than the guy interested, it can be intimidating. But think of Simon and Alisha from misfits, Alisha is the definition of slut but Simon still falls in love with her :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think the circumstances are more important than the number on its own.
    I know my boyfriend has been with quite a few people before me, but a bit like you he just happened to go from one relationship to another. It doesn't bother me, we've never really talked about it much.
    I personally don't think it matters all that much how many people one has sex with anyway, whether it's in relationships, FWBs, one-night stands... If it's safe and consensual then what exactly is the problem? Live your life how you want I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    What about then men whose genitals she is using as a public toilet? Are you suggesting she charges a fee for men who wish to have sexy intercourse with her? Maybe she has a voracious sexual appetite?
    Yeh, what about men? this applies to them as well.
    And no, I never suggested she charge anything. Actually I never suggested anything. If I had to tho, I'd say she should search for a healthy stable relationship instead of some meaningless ****. And what if she has a voracious sexual appetite..or a high sex drive....so? That's the only thing that separates us from animals. (If you're lucky) you get taught this growing up. It is called self control and without it the world would be as if all hell had broken loose. We can't live like that.

Now, don't get me wrong. Just one person is not going to cause all this. I just wanted to make a point as to WHY we are taught what we are taught. Some people might not agree but that's how things are...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.