Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bargain Present!Soap and Glory at Boots Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got this for my sister, do you think she will approve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    I think stuff like this is one of the most godawful presents possible to receive, but judging by the posts on this thread, yes, she'll probably like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I think stuff like this is one of the most godawful presents possible to receive, but judging by the posts on this thread, yes, she'll probably like it.
    Well i got her this and D&G The one rose, or something like that! She best like one of them!

ReputationRep:
    ugh! I can't believe i missed out on it

Do you reckon there's any chance of them still being in stock in the actual store? might go down tomorrow to the two closest ones just to check.

ReputationRep:
    Well i got her this and D&G The one rose, or something like that! She best like one of them!
    If she doesn't, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Masquerador.)
    ugh! I can't believe i missed out on it

Do you reckon there's any chance of them still being in stock in the actual store? might go down tomorrow to the two closest ones just to check.
    Hit and miss, there are stores that still have them (check out S&G facebook for updates) and every now and then small amounts come back instock online of course if you want it before christmas youre unlikely to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Hit and miss, there are stores that still have them (check out S&G facebook for updates) and every now and then small amounts come back instock online of course if you want it before christmas youre unlikely to get it.
    Thanks, i suppose i'm best off having a look at my local boots since they say they're not going to be receiving any new stock. probably have to wait till next year i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Linky

As you can tell from the above (thousands of posts) S&G is exceptionally popular and this box is full of approx. £70 worth of products (not counting the tote/box/bath scrub) so while there are some people that hate the smell/this type of gift most women wont. Also Stringer, I normally hate toiletries/perfume gifts but Ive bought myself one of these, having never tried the range, because all of the products are useful and they are so highly rated plus the bargain element. I would advise putting something in the bottom of the box whether its tissue paper or wrapping paper scrunched up to make it look fuller or if you want to spend a bit more money then a dressing gown/slippers.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i suppose i'm best off having a look at my local boots since they say they're not going to be receiving any new stock. probably have to wait till next year i suppose
    They say that but they have received at least 3/4 lots online in the last 2 days.

ReputationRep:
    Last years was better in my opinion and it sold out much faster. In the store I usually work out, there's tonnes of them left!

ReputationRep:
    * but it is a bargain nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands
    Oh and also the link to mse have some lovely forum people who have ordered too many/people backed out on them and are offering their spares at the £25 instead of immediately putting them on ebay for £45.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Last years was better in my opinion and it sold out much faster. In the store I usually work out, there's tonnes of them left!
    It didnt sell out much faster theyve stocked over double this year because the hatbox sold out so fast so they have constant new deliveries this time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and also the link to mse have some lovely forum people who have ordered too many/people backed out on them and are offering their spares at the £25 instead of immediately putting them on ebay for £45.
    ooh, have you got the link for that? I can't seem to find it myself. And apparently, they're defintely out of stock everywhere and not coming back -going off a person from the mse forum who called several stores.

ReputationRep:
    ooh, have you got the link for that? I can't seem to find it myself. And apparently, they're defintely out of stock everywhere and not coming back -going off a person from the mse forum who called several stores.
    Except they are and when it said they werent coming back they did at 7am today, then at 12pm, then at 5pm..

MSE OOTW Boots

And as you can see on the above thread people are buying them at different stores, FB have a S&G page where people are keeping tallies too.

ReputationRep:
    Linky

As you can tell from the above (thousands of posts) S&G is exceptionally popular and this box is full of approx. £70 worth of products (not counting the tote/box/bath scrub) so while there are some people that hate the smell/this type of gift most women wont. Also Stringer, I normally hate toiletries/perfume gifts but Ive bought myself one of these, having never tried the range, because all of the products are useful and they are so highly rated plus the bargain element. I would advise putting something in the bottom of the box whether its tissue paper or wrapping paper scrunched up to make it look fuller or if you want to spend a bit more money then a dressing gown/slippers.
    Lol, yeah. I can tell it's popular.

Well, personally I do love a splash of perfume etc but I've never been one for reams and reams of overhyped highly specific beauty products. Just not my thing!

ReputationRep:
    Except they are and when it said they werent coming back they did at 7am today, then at 12pm, then at 5pm..

MSE OOTW Boots

And as you can see on the above thread people are buying them at different stores, FB have a S&G page where people are keeping tallies too.
    I suppose they're not too fussed about reliability! thanks I'll definitely keep an eye out

ReputationRep:
    Are they better than Lush? Or is the difference negligible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Are they better than Lush? Or is the difference negligible?
    Showdown

ReputationRep:
    Showdown
    Thanks. I have a massive Lush hamper at home but the S&G website has seduced me. The packaging is certainly better than Lush's crappy black pots!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.