Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you getting your Dad for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Special camera lens for taking pictures of birds.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain. Most people seem to have trouble present shopping for fathers.

Mine's getting an Essex Cricket raincoat, some ginger & lemon marmelade, a bottle of Crabbie's ginger beer, and a new pair of timpani mallets.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my father get on extremely well and i know he likes to nostalgia. Last year i got him some beers and a stylophone and he loved it. This year im getting him a scalextric track because hes said that it was his favorite game when growing up, that or a Total War game or Age of Empires 3 gold edition (he loves them).

ReputationRep:
    Shoe box full of little things that he likes, then some home made gingerbread

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners series 1-3

ReputationRep:
    A couple of bottles of ale brewed in York because he's from Yorkshire and likes beer, plus some chocolates.

He's not big on gadgets or football or cars like a lot of dads are, and he doesn't like tons of money being spent on him.

ReputationRep:
    Hawking's 'A History of Time'

ReputationRep:
    A sat nag that is entirely useless apart from playing the audio of a stereotypical female back seat driver, and an inflatable Zimmer-frame. He's going to be thrilled.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing for my biological dad, he doesn't deserve it.. And the man who raised me, and who I considered to be more like my father passed away.

So I've got something from Hotel Chocolat for my girlfriend's dad. It's olive oil with chilli and chocolate since he likes chilli stuff. I also got presents for her mum and brother. I couldn't get very good gifts for my own mum and brother since they live in Tunisia now and customs apparently take or break practically everything so anything decent is out of the question :'(

(Original post by rainbow drops)
    A couple of bottles of ale brewed in York because he's from Yorkshire and likes beer, plus some chocolates.

He's not big on gadgets or football or cars like a lot of dads are, and he doesn't like tons of money being spent on him.
    what brands? I'm just curious

ReputationRep:
    My dad is quite into photography, so I'm getting him a camera case for the camera he's going to get.

If your dad doesn't have specific interests though they're harder to buy for, you can't really go wrong with clothes or smellies though.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    Bjork CD and Reheated Cabbage by Irvine Welsh (I got him hooked on Welsh in the summer)
    Whenever I ask what he wants he always says nothing GODDAMNIT
    I really want to find him some old maps but I don't know where I wanted to get him a map of the world shower curtain but they're about a squillion quid

ReputationRep:
    It's a right pain doing something for my dad since he always says get 'whatever' so it just ends up something lame like men's toiletries. Might see what sort of alcohol-related products I could buy him now that I can purchase it :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    wine bottle holder the one thats a chain and magically stands up

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking about a thai bride, but dno, I only have a tenner and i've read on here that if you want one that doesn't break you need to spend at least 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Brazzers subscription.
    LAD

ReputationRep:
    Whisky.

My dad is the easiest person to buy for, I love it. Never short on ideas for him, normally it's the opposite problem and I have too many ideas.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    wine bottle holder the one thats a chain and magically stands up
    I saw that one, was so tempted to buy it, it's awesome :five:

Belt buckle for my dad. Quite a huge step up from the usual socks/tie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    what brands? I'm just curious
    They're called York Minster Ale and Brideshead Bitter. =)

You can get some sort of 'ghost' beer named after how haunted York is, as well, but I can't remember the exact name of it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Whiskey, or a 2011 diary for work.

I find my mum much harder to buy for. :erm: I literally have no ideas at all...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.