Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

was he just leading me on? why? Watch

(Original post by hummingbird002)
    He sounds like a jerk, if he lies to you, then surely he's not worth it? It wouldn't matter if he told you the truth, but to me, it sounds like he got bored of being in a relationship. then bored of being single. Unfortunately, some guys are like that, it'd probably be best to move on and find a nicer guy!
    i dont get it though, he's a really devout christian, he said he's only had 3 gfs. so how can he be a playah? i dont udnerstnd why he lied. is there any way he might actually secretly like me and want to be with me seriously? from what i have heard, the other girl is putting herself on a plate for him and ringing him to ask hi out all the time. most guys would go for that because its easy, meanwhile they would pursue the girl they actually like.
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Don't go there.
    Too manipulative and experienced for you.
    is there no way he might actually be a nice guy? he is very religious and has only had 3 gfs (he says).

(Original post by llys)
    He's doing it because it boosts his ego to string you along while he's shagging other women.
    but he is devoutly christian though, many people say he goes church all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

is there no way he might actually be a nice guy? he is very religious and has only had 3 gfs (he says).

In my opinion, there's no way he can be a nice guy. Perhaps not an entirely evil guy, but then again, who doesn't have a nice side here and there?
    Him being religious (which may be a front) has nothing to do with the situation and his character.
    Sadly, definitions of girlfriends vary. Just because he's only taken three women seriously does not show how many he has slept with. Or indeed, treated badly.

(Original post by GdotL)
    In my opinion, there's no way he can be a nice guy. Perhaps not an entirely evil guy, but then again, who doesn't have a nice side here and there?
    Him being religious (which may be a front) has nothing to do with the situation and his character.
    Sadly, definitions of girlfriends vary. Just because he's only taken three women seriously does not show how many he has slept with. Or indeed, treated badly.
    thanks so much! you are sooo right. i cant tell if the nice religious guy is a front or not. he told me he had only dated 3 girls after i said i was virginal for christian reasons. so i cant tell if its true or not.

so - back to the op, why do you think he lied in your opinion?

a) he fancies me more than his gf and is only with her temporaily cos she is easier
    b) they arent yet officially together (even though they are spending xmas together) so he is technically single
    c) for attention/cheating

thank you so much for your helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks so much! you are sooo right. i cant tell if the nice religious guy is a front or not. he told me he had only dated 3 girls after i said i was virginal for christian reasons. so i cant tell if its true or not.

so - back to the op, why do you think he lied in your opinion?

a) he fancies me more than his gf and is only with her temporaily cos she is easier
    b) they arent yet officially together (even though they are spending xmas together) so he is technically single
    c) for attention/cheating

thank you so much for your helps!!
    Wow, I really didn't think you'd actually listen to me! Honoured.

I would say that he's typically just interested in sexual things and is going after what he can get. I know you told him you're a virgin but he probably sees that as a challenge or something he can take joy in breaking down. Don't be his toy!

No matter what the situation is, he's not the right guy for you. You don't need to go through any heartbreak or bad experiences, just prevent them from occuring with foresight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    maybe he is with HER in teh short term and wants something longer term with you? or maybe he is looking to cheat, like most men. dont worry, if she is almost 30 she is probably quite saggy and old by now so yeah he will probably be looking for younger firmer vajj soon enough
    hahaha!!! why on earth would people pos rep this post?? i was only kidding, like this is majorly offensive to older gals ahahaaha :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else thinking that the anon OP is actually shinytoy? No sex before marriage/engagement, a 24 year old virgin (although they said 25 once too, keep your story straight, do you not know your own age?!) older guy at work who she fancies, he's leading her on and flirting.
    Also using the word "playah" and constantly typing without capital letters.....Hmmmm.

It's also too much of a coincidence that shinytoy is nearly always the first person to reply to the anon's posts...

ReputationRep:
    @ sophisticated - you fancy me dont you? i've had to block users before for webstalking me, most recently silverbolt. its becasue im a size 6 latina model loads of pervs keep stalking all my posts and wanting to marry me

the OP's situation was a bit like mines so i gave her the same advice i am following myself. all men are the same, all men are sht. they play around and cheat loads. i mean clearly in this case the OP is looking to cheat. he is flirting and has a gf. but everyone in this thread is like 'ooohh most men are soooo nice he is probably a really good guy' whereas when i made a thread about fancying my boss, everyone left posts like 'he is up for some young skirt on the side'.

also gotta kudos to the OP for making it to 24 with the V card, and also the girl who made it to 27. i alwasy try to offer good advice to gals in those positions because ot is a rare and honerable thing these days.

so yeah @ OP, you have heard it from gt along simliar lines - all men cheat, either you cheat with him OR you can try to steal him from the older girl. he iwll be up for this as most men are. it depends on what you want.

sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horns. or, the dog by the balls as the case may be

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.