Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    buy a what?:confused:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/payments.php

ReputationRep:
    ooooh cool, don't think I need that, though the shoutbox sounds interesting!

ReputationRep:
    ooooh cool, don't think I need that, though the shoutbox sounds interesting!
    Yeah, it has its uses sometimes. I usually have it, but was so broke for a period that I couldn't afford £3 and lost my sub. I mainly used to get it when, through the old rep system, someone would rep me with either a horrible or really nice message and I wanted to know who it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Yeah, it has its uses sometimes. I usually have it, but was so broke for a period that I couldn't afford £3 and lost my sub. I mainly used to get it when, through the old rep system, someone would rep me with either a horrible or really nice message and I wanted to know who it was.
    omg it told you who left rep! :eek::eek: scandalous! It's a two tier society!

ReputationRep:
    omg it told you who left rep! :eek::eek: scandalous! It's a two tier society!
    :sexface: And with the new system, we're allowed to give more rep per day! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    :sexface: And with the new system, we're allowed to give more rep per day! :awesome:
    see now we have this little thumps up post malarkey I can never be bothered to into their profile to specifically give rep or forget the option exists. Is like 10 thumbs up in posts equal to 1 profile rep or something? Anyway I still say make PM space! Life or death PM's could be bouncing back by the minute!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azayki)
    Oh, to clarify -- when he made out with the girl, we were technically broken up as well.
    Has he ever used the excuse "We were on a break!"

ReputationRep:
    see now we have this little thumps up post malarkey I can never be bothered to into their profile to specifically give rep or forget the option exists. Is like 10 thumbs up in posts equal to 1 profile rep or something? Anyway I still say make PM space! Life or death PM's could be bouncing back by the minute!:eek:
    I've got the pm space now because I subbed.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We had a rough patch around 6 months in and it got pretty bad. We were breaking up frequently, fighting a lot and it was just horrible. We got past that though and things have been great for a while.

During the time of the fighting, he told me one night (while we were in bed cuddling) that he had feelings for another woman. This sent me into a rage, and I left his room. I looked at his phone and saw texts from this girl saying how she had enjoyed their time together. He had made out with her. This made me even more crazy, and I flipped out. I yelled and I threw things (not at him) and he eventually kicked me out of his apartment.

I called several people to come pick me up and only one person said he could. This was a guy I didn't know very well, but my boyfriend insisted I leave or he would call the police. So I told him to come. I begged my boyfriend not to make me leave, but he told me I had to go. So when the guy came to pick me up, I left.

He told me that we had to stop by his place (which is on the way from my boyfriend's to mine) so that he could grab his cigarettes. He asked me to come in for a minute, so I did. I was not in the right state of mind. I was crushed and hurt and I felt so unwanted. But I went in. And he took me to his room. I should have asked to go right then, but I didn't. He then told me he was too tired to drive me home and asked if I minded staying the night. I did mind, but what was I supposed to say? "Risk your life to take me home because it's your job." He wasn't my brother or my Dad -- it wasn't his job to take care of me. So I said I didn't mind and asked where I could sleep. He told me I could have his bed.

So I laid down and began to fall asleep. That's when I realized he was laying behind me. I got up to go to the bathroom and called my boyfriend and asked him to come get me. He said he wouldn't. I asked him if he cared about me at all, and he didn't answer. So I went back into the guy's room, feeling completely unwanted and worthless. I laid back down and began to fall asleep again and he started groping me. I didn't tell him to stop. I should have, because I didn't want him to.

He tried to kiss me and I didn't react, but I pushed him away a bit. He then proceeded to take off my pants and put a condom on... He started having sex with me, and I was in another world. I don't know if I completely realized what was happening until it was too late. I made him stop. He was inside me for less than a minute. I put my pants back on and left his room immediately. His friend was home from work and I asked him to take me home. He did.

My boyfriend and I were technically broken up during this period. What I did wasn't extremely immoral to him, because he said I could see other people. However, the problem is, I lied to him about it. For months. I didn't want my stupid mistake to cost me the most important person in my life. I finally told him last night because I felt so overcome with guilt. Needless to say, he's upset. Very upset.

He told me that he doesn't know what he's going to do, but needs time alone to think about it. That's not how I feel it should be handled. I feel he and I need to discuss it together and come up with a solution. My questions are: What would you do if you were him and is there any way I can make him talk this through with me? He promised me after things started getting better that no matter what, he'd never give up on me again and if things got bad, we'd work harder and harder until we fixed them.
    you weren't together at the time, this reminds me of the classic Ross and Rachael, "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Summary, for anyone who can't be arsed reading the wall of text:

OP is attracted to douchebag boyfriend
    Douchebag boyfriend brags about making out with some other girl
    OP flips out with jealousy, feels miserable
    OP bangs another dude out of spite
    OP weaves a self-justifying sympathy-seeking story about how this happened
    She finally tells douchebag boyfriend, who gets upset
    Waaahhhhhh

ReputationRep:

1: You are not a girl I'd even consider dating if I knew that is the kind of person you are

2: He kissed a girl and I bet he felt really guilty, even though it was a temp break-up as you put it.

3: When he said he would work with you on the relationship he did not have in mind some other guy putting his **** inside of you without any resistance. What he meant was the argumental side of things.

4: I would literally rape this guy a new ******* for, not touching you, oh no it would be more self-fulfilling because that guy violated my space (yeah, you) and he will have a few less balls to use the next time he whips it out.

5: You'd be so dumped it wouldn't be funny and I would do it by text so you destroy stuff that belongs to you.

have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    :lolwut: Erm, HE put YOU in that situation. He threatened you with the police if you didn't leave, you took the only option of getting away, tried to get him to help you, to which he refused and hardly consented. It's pretty obvious that if he'd picked you up when you said you were worried about this guy or was mature enough to understand why you were upset when he'd made out with this other girl then you wouldn't have been at this guys flat.

Plus he made out with a girl when you wre technically broken up and lied about it, you had barely consensual sex with a guy when you were technically broken up. Hypocrite much?
    I would tell someone to leave and threaten them with the police whether they were my partner, sibling, friend or even my child (if old enough) if they were throwing my stuff about, male or female. It's not only men who can be violent. I bet if it was a guy who had been throwing his girlfriends stuff about and 'flipping out' in a rage you would have completely understood her need for the guy to leave. :rolleyes: No wonder the incidents of female on male domestic violence are under-reported. I bet you would not have justified this guy then going off and sleeping with another girl. She only begged him to let her stay after the several friends she called didn't come to pick her up. And the guy didn't lie about making out with the girl.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you're trolling, because that is not what rape is. If someone has the inability to think right - i.e. under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. - then it is also rape. I was under the influence of extreme emotional distress and I was taken advantage of. However, I don't feel the guy MEANT any harm to me, so I will not call him a rapist. He did, however, take advantage of a severely emotionally distraught girl.

Problem in your theory:
    1. A girl who cannot speak, therefore, cannot be raped?
    2. A girl who has been drugged up and then forced to have sex, is not raped?
    3. A 7 year old girl has sex with an adult male. Is this not rape?

In all of those cases, I would say the girl was raped. Rape is defined as NON-consensual sex. Just because you don't say no doesn't mean you say yes. In order to get consent, you have to say yes.
    You just put in special circumstances, therefore that makes you an idiot(i.e. 1/2/3). Also, DONT ****ING PHONE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU'RE EMOTIONALLY DISTRAUGHT YOU ****ING IDIOT.

Jesus, I hope you get raped.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, to clarify -- when he made out with the girl, we were technically broken up as well.
    he wins.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.