Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there something called British arrogance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    Add that to, British racism, British selfishness, British Greediness and British obsession.
    You must have a BSc in Generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    Why, because I'm making a point on a forum.

Another attitude of the Brits, freedom of speach is only when it suits them. We can't say anything about the country now. :rolleyes:
    No one's saying you can't express your views, but people have a right to be angry at them. I think most people just wonder why you don't emigrate if you hate your country so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Or is it just another manifested aspect of patriotism?
    Britain has had a deep history of arrogance. Whether it stands today or not though is questionable.

ReputationRep:
    Or is it just another manifested aspect of patriotism?
    Err rank generlisations.

I'd call this arrogance a symptom of our precious knowledge. knowledge that we are better the stinky german rats, french pigs, spanish gays, italian fatasses, polish frogs, russian commies, portugese also-rans, africa ****** land, middle east terrorist *****, australian empire subjects, cocksure and plnkish americans, pathetic n.koreans and useless tuvaluvian communites complaining about global warming.

I call this enlightenment.

ReputationRep:
    Add that to, British racism, British selfishness, British Greediness and British obsession.
    if you dont like the country then get out.

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking in general. For example, if your a muslim and you speak out against the war the in Iraq and Afganistan, your labelled extremist or terrorist and put behind bars. Yet when soldiers kill innocent civilians they're get given medals left, right and centre. F******* ridiculous!
    Well not really, given that the vast majority of the non-muslim population disagree with the Iraq war, your point is kind of void. So please tell me, when on earth was the last time a muslim was put behind bars for disagreeing with the Iraq war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    Err rank generlisations.

I'd call this arrogance a symptom of our precious knowledge. knowledge that we are better the stinky german rats, french pigs, spanish gays, italian fatasses, polish frogs, russian commies, portugese also-rans, africa ****** land, middle east terrorist *****, australian empire subjects, cocksure and plnkish americans, pathetic n.koreans and useless tuvaluvian communites complaining about global warming.

I call this enlightenment of my own stupidness.
    Just a thing, the rate of gay persons is bigger in Britain that Spain.:rolleyes:
    Your government is the biggest terrorist. And there are rats also in Britain.:rolleyes:
    I love your exaggerations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redkicker)
    if you dont like the country then get out.
    Wow! That wasn't a xenophobic comment and you aren't a xenophobic user.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People who say the British are arrogant are simply inadequate and bitter because their own countries and cultures are backwards, primitive and inferior.

ReputationRep:
    Next topic - Muslim arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    I feel this is appropriate:

ReputationRep:
    Just a thing, the rate of gay persons is bigger in Britain that Spain.:rolleyes:
    Your government is the biggest terrorist. And there are rats also in Britain.:rolleyes:
    I love your exaggerations.
    I should report you for editing my quote. I did not say "my own stupidness".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    I should be grateful to you for editing my quote. I did want to say "my own stupidness".
    Oh, there is no need of being so humble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    You must have a BSc in Generalisation.
    And you a master in Criticising generalists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowMonster)
    People who say the British are arrogant are simply inadequate and bitter because their own countries and cultures are backwards, primitive and inferior.
    Wow! I never felt TSR anger! Is it a syntom of an inferiority complex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Next topic - Muslim arrogance.
    There is no real difference between British arrogance, american arrogance and Muslim arrogance. Arrogance is arrogance. Always.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.