Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So What are YOU doing for new years eve? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Edinburgh for a few days with some friends I havn't seen in months. Its gonna be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I went to the top of a hill with my boyfriend and his family; we watched the fireworks in a 360 degree view With champagne of course! Best New Years/most romantic of my life.

(though, 5 minutes later, I slipped on my ass and had to be practically carried down the hill. Nice one...)

ReputationRep:
    I'll be with my boyfriend so I dunno, don't know what his traditions are!

My best ever NYE was last year, went to Brighton with my friend, got a bit tipsy, took some of those chinese flying lanterns down to the beach, wrote our New Year wishes on them and launched them into the sky. There were loads of other people doing the same, then some hippy guys appeared with guitars and a massive group of us danced around and sang along with them singing 'My Sharona'. It was brilliant :moon:

ReputationRep:
    hogmanay n edinburgh with my boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    Getting pissed and heading into town with some mates.

ReputationRep:
    House ppppaaarrrrttttaaaayyyyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (:Becca(:)
    Probably spending it with the parents again, I don't have any money.
    My first New Year's Eve legal to drink and I'm spending it with my parents. That's ****ing depressing.
    I'd probably kill myself

ReputationRep:
    Probably clubbing now I'm actually 18. I hate London on NYE. I remember only too well what it was like last year watching the fireworks up at embankment, you couldn't walk without being constantly groped boobs and 'down there'. Not sure if anyone has had similar experiences but it was awful me and my friend weren't even dressed up or anything eurgh.

An old schoolmate of mine throws a house party each year and he lives really close to the heart of Edinburgh, so we walk up to the police cordon on George Street and watch the fireworks at midnight

I've done the Edinburgh street party before, not my thing - freezing cold, too easy to lose your friends and you can hardly move because it's dangerously overcrowded.

ReputationRep:
      I'll probably end up getting dragged downstairs to sing Auld Lang Syne with my drunken parents like I do every bloody year. Even by TSR standards, that's pretty uncool.

Have fun with your GF whatever you decide to do.

ReputationRep:
      Going out for a meal with my parents then going to a party with my friends, hopefully, if the weather is ok.

ReputationRep:
      Probably a house party if nothing better comes along ^^

ReputationRep:
      Staying at home with my husband Lazing on the couch in your pjs with good tv and junk food is the best

ReputationRep:
      Well if no one organises anything or doesn't goes through with their plans looks like i'll be round at a friends watching the entire 2 series of Miranda... and if that falls through then drinking quietly and secretly in a corner while Mother and her friends watch Jools Holland :|

ReputationRep:
      Do NOT, NOT, NOT go out on New Year. It'll be heaving, your sack will freeze to your legs and there'll be loads of fights.

Stay in, blaze up, crack out some good tunes, have some fun with good friends, kiss someone at midnight and then take them back to a convenient bedroom.

ReputationRep:
      Probably thinking about who I'd like to be spending my time with...and then just drowning my sorrows on the laptop or my playstation.
      Standard.

ReputationRep:
      Ill be staying in the Golden Bay area (Im in NZ for a year) over xmas and New Years, and I hear the parties on the beach on New Years Eve are pretty awesome..

ReputationRep:
      Most likely working since I asked for time off at christmas and will have to work around new year, not that it matters as I don't usually have anything planned and dread it!

ReputationRep:
      i am hoping to go to London with my friends and go to a stripjoint and clubs but dont have any ID, only an expired passport

ReputationRep:
      Spending it with my partner.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.