Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Would you like it if a girl sexually subdued you in the street? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would tell the girl not to flatter herself, she can't get a piece of this magnificence :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    What instrument did you play?
    I play electric and acoustic guitar, keyboards/piano and I sing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennaz77)
    Hmm interesting. You mentioned that you lost interest in a girl partly because she was potentially shy. So if a girl approached would you see this as attractive because of her confidence?
    I do find it attractive in a flattering sort of way if I get approached by a girl. But it highly depends on the girl....if she's pig ugly and has 2 teeth in her mouth, then no I'm not going to find her attractive. But as long as she's reasonably good looking and has a nice enough personality, then sure I'd find her attractive if she approached me.

Also do you prefer approaching girls or did you like being approached by women?
    I have no problem with girls approaching me at all, it can be very flattering, and I think most guys will fell the same. I prefer to take the initiative and do the approaching myself, though, simple because most girls simply don't approach and therefore if I never approached any girls I would be waiting around a long time to get someone!

I just wonder why men are more inclined to do the approaching, possibly because they prefer the control?
    It's the 'social norm' for men to approach women and not the other way round. This is also because women prefer men who take the lead and initiate things, and also because women don't want to appear 'easy' or as a 'slut' by initiating things with men.

Also, women have insecurities too and are just as afraid of rejection as men. So that is why you don't see many women approaching men in our society.

Also, I think deep down a lot of women have the fantasy of being 'swept off their feet' by a charming guy who approaches them, and by approaching men themselves it would ruin that fantasy.

But it's the 21st century now and things have changed. If women want to approach men, then they should absolutely go for it.

I am willing to bet you're asking all these questions because you would like to approach more guys yourself. I say go for it. The problem in society today is that even most men are too scared to approach women, which is sad....so if you wait around hoping to be approached, you're going to be in for a long wait. Definitely give it a go and do some approaches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    I do find it attractive in a flattering sort of way if I get approached by a girl. But it highly depends on the girl....if she's pig ugly and has 2 teeth in her mouth, then no I'm not going to find her attractive. But as long as she's reasonably good looking and has a nice enough personality, then sure I'd find her attractive if she approached me.

I have no problem with girls approaching me at all, it can be very flattering, and I think most guys will fell the same. I prefer to take the initiative and do the approaching myself, though, simple because most girls simply don't approach and therefore if I never approached any girls I would be waiting around a long time to get someone!

It's the 'social norm' for men to approach women and not the other way round. This is also because women prefer men who take the lead and initiate things, and also because women don't want to appear 'easy' or as a 'slut' by initiating things with men.

Also, women have insecurities too and are just as afraid of rejection as men. So that is why you don't see many women approaching men in our society.

Also, I think deep down a lot of women have the fantasy of being 'swept off their feet' by a charming guy who approaches them, and by approaching men themselves it would ruin that fantasy.

But it's the 21st century now and things have changed. If women want to approach men, then they should absolutely go for it.

I am willing to bet you're asking all these questions because you would like to approach more guys yourself. I say go for it. The problem in society today is that even most men are too scared to approach women, which is sad....so if you wait around hoping to be approached, you're going to be in for a long wait. Definitely give it a go and do some approaches!
    Haha yeah, I would like to approach guys because I sometimes have a thing for shy guys who would never approach me, as even confident guys seem to see me as quite intimidating unfortunately. I agree with your points!

ReputationRep:
    I know to some the answer may be an obvious yes, but I just wonder why the reaction is different for guys than girls.

I was with my friend today and we were really bored so she dared me to approach this guy. So I crept up on him from behind, grabbed his arse, and when he turned around I was all over him and was like 'I really like your swagger and I just want to f*** you now'. Then he gave me this sort of creepy flirty smile and was like 'mmm wouldn't mind that'. But the bus was coming so we had to run off.

This made me think because if I was a guy and he was a girl, I probably would have been slapped away, or even reported. Was this guys behaviour general of other males? Would you like this to happen to you as a guy? Because if so, perhaps if males and females switched roles when approaching eachother, like if women approached and chased men more, then there would be less rejection and more couples.

Your view?

EDIT: I'm guessing by the general reaction to my thread that the guy I approached behaved different to the norm then?
    I'd probably laugh it off (awkwardly) or just play along or call them a freak....

depending on what I feel like at the time

ReputationRep:
    It all depends.

I know to some the answer may be an obvious yes, but I just wonder why the reaction is different for guys than girls.

I was with my friend today and we were really bored so she dared me to approach this guy. So I crept up on him from behind, grabbed his arse, and when he turned around I was all over him and was like 'I really like your swagger and I just want to f*** you now'. Then he gave me this sort of creepy flirty smile and was like 'mmm wouldn't mind that'. But the bus was coming so we had to run off.

This made me think because if I was a guy and he was a girl, I probably would have been slapped away, or even reported. Was this guys behaviour general of other males? Would you like this to happen to you as a guy? Because if so, perhaps if males and females switched roles when approaching eachother, like if women approached and chased men more, then there would be less rejection and more couples.

Your view?

EDIT: I'm guessing by the general reaction to my thread that the guy I approached behaved different to the norm then?

Did oyou actually do that? haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    I didn't know the word "subdued" could be used in this way. Fascinating.
    My thought exactly.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i doubt you actually did that.

sounds like a feminist troll making up a scenario and posting it on the internet to satisfy preconceptions of male=agro.

ReputationRep:
    "Subdue"? Is this more council estate *******isation of the English language?

ReputationRep:
    first of all.. if she's with her friends than she's probably taking the piss so i woudn't react at all and just walk away... and if she's alone she won't even talk to you because she is 2 shy alone...

So this means its verrry unlikely that a girl starts the flirting..

I personally don't like to stop girls on the street.. but rather on buses where you actually already sit and you can start easily with "what time and where are you going" or whatever.. stopping on the street is kind of unexpected and she might reacted too shy..

(Original post by Profesh)
      Being ginger, I'm inclined to treat anything more subtle than outright molestation as some kind of elaborate schoolyard prank. So yes, probably.
      Funny, I'm a little like that, except I'm not ginger.

ReputationRep:
      If you grabbed me in the street my initial reaction would probably be to elbow you in the FACE.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bobifier)
      If you grabbed me in the street my initial reaction would probably be to elbow you in the FACE.
      lool that's jokes.. i've done that to a friend once.... after watching saw 2 in cinema with him xD

ReputationRep:
      I'll be honest I'd have told you to F off. I think lots of guys would like a female approaching him,but the way you just did is just plain rude and disrespectful. If a guy did that it may well earn him a slap in the mouth or perhaps some time in a police station if he did it to the wrong girl.

You did that to me I'd assume you were lager swilling geezer bird,ridden with std's and I wouldn't fancy you at all . In fact I know one or two lads who once they'd have beer in them would punch you in the face. If you want to get treated like a lady act like one.

I get silly chavvy girls, asking me for a cigarette or shouting 'oi whats your name mate' ,when I walk past them.I don't even respond to them,not because Iam shy but because I don't regard them as human.

Plus I have never heard a girl use phrases like 'sexually subdued' and words like 'swagger' when talking about guys. I doubt you even are a girl.

ReputationRep:
      I'd like it if a girl sexually anything'd me anywhere.

It's been a while. :emo:

ReputationRep:
      if you are hot i would take you there and then.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Awesome-o)
      "Subdue"? Is this more council estate *******isation of the English language?
      It's a real word used in the right context mate. I can't tell if that was a joke..?

ReputationRep:
      I (and im guesisng quite a few other guys) would have reacted in a ''too good to be true'' manner. We'd akwardly laugh it off and walk away, and I'd probably not believe the girl actually is trying to chat me up. It was probably (in this case rightly) a dare or something.

ReputationRep:
      I'd whip my cawk out and bertstare you

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2012
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.