Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Ha why thank you
    Why you're very welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Sorry, am I missing something here? What have you done that is so abhorrently bad? Did you have a threesome with them or something?
    Went out with girls my sister has warned me not to hang out with, went clubbing, got stupidly drunk, got home three hours later than I had planned to and then worse of all, I lost a bracelet I was given by a friend only last week . I'm such a bad friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Went out with girls my sister has warned me not to hang out with, went clubbing, got stupidly drunk, got home three hours later than I had planned to and then worse of all, I lost a bracelet I was given by a friend only last week . I'm such a bad friend.
    That sounds like a standard night out tbh. You're lucky you didnt lose your phone. There are worse things in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    That sounds like a standard night out tbh. You're lucky you didnt lose your phone. There are worse things in life.
    Yeah, it does sound standard for some people. It was standard when I was younger. I would go clubbing and have fun but then I'm much older now and I should behave responsibly. Yeah I guess I could have lost my phone but I made sure it was well tucked away and didn't take it out the whole night, I should have done the same with the bracelet.

I only ever go to bars and restaurants, the latest I stay out is 00:30 because that's last train home.

I'm such an idiot for losing my bracelet and for going out with those girls in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Omg did you! You should have just got a taxi home or rung someone to come pick you up.

I lost a bracelet my friend gave me, I feel worse for it now .

Oh I don't know why I got carried away. I shouldn't have gone out with them.
    I know right! I was 14 and stupid back then, thought didn't even occur to me

But seriously this sort of thing always happens to me, it's inevitable living in London. Bad things happen on nights out! Then afterwards "I'm never drinking again... what possessed me to mix glens vodka, tequila, sambuca and wine????"

Hope you feel better anyway

ReputationRep:
    Please don't feel so bad about yourself, we all step outside our comfort zone and our usual way of life at least once in a while. It makes us feel guilty as though we have betrayed our usual way of life. Don't worry sunshine, its perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Look at the evening in its context, you went out, had a good time and got home safe. Worse things could have happened, believe me! Be glad that you are okay and that you had a temporary blip which is now over. Go back to your old life and revel in it. I sometimes study things that are outside my usual sphere of things, get tired of them very quickly or just feel that it really isnt me and that's it. I forget them.
    When I was younger I went dancing at a nightclub I had never been to and accepted a lift home from a stranger, nothing happened but I woke up feeling terrible that I had been so stupid and would never do it again. We all do it and its a perfectly normal thing.
    Just view it as having a different coffee than your normal one, you tried it, didn't like it and have gone back to your normal one.
    Take care and have a good Christmas
    Scaryteacher x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    I know right! I was 14 and stupid back then, thought didn't even occur to me

But seriously this sort of thing always happens to me, it's inevitable living in London. Bad things happen on nights out! Then afterwards "I'm never drinking again... what possessed me to mix glens vodka, tequila, sambuca and wine????"

Hope you feel better anyway
    Thanks, I hope I'll be over it soon.

Wow, you were only 14! That's really young, I imagine you got into trouble with parents.

I was just meant to drink 2 glasses of wine but then I ended up having more and also endless glasses of champagne. I don't even like champagne, lol it's so easy to get carried away when alcohol is free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scaryteacher)
    Please don't feel so bad about yourself, we all step outside our comfort zone and our usual way of life at least once in a while. It makes us feel guilty as though we have betrayed our usual way of life. Don't worry sunshine, its perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Look at the evening in its context, you went out, had a good time and got home safe. Worse things could have happened, believe me! Be glad that you are okay and that you had a temporary blip which is now over. Go back to your old life and revel in it. I sometimes study things that are outside my usual sphere of things, get tired of them very quickly or just feel that it really isnt me and that's it. I forget them.
    When I was younger I went dancing at a nightclub I had never been to and accepted a lift home from a stranger, nothing happened but I woke up feeling terrible that I had been so stupid and would never do it again. We all do it and its a perfectly normal thing.
    Just view it as having a different coffee than your normal one, you tried it, didn't like it and have gone back to your normal one.
    Take care and have a good Christmas
    Scaryteacher x
    Thanks a lot for your message, I'll try and view the whole situation differently.

I'd gotten over it, until I found out I lost the bracelet but yeah, you are right, I shouldn't view it so negatively.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like how I feel after most nights out. Cos I never have learnt went to stop unfortunately.
    I hate "the horrors" the day after. Go to bed early tonight and things will look much better in the morning. Something about hangovers that just makes things seem much worse

ReputationRep:
    I found my bracelet!!! It was in the box where all my curlers stay. I think I must have just thrown everything into it whilst in my very drunken state.

I feel so relieved, I was feeling guilty each time my friend rang or texted me.

I am never ever doing anything like that or going out with those girls again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.