Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me or are people on TSR cruel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedperson)
    ? They seem very quick to take the piss out of you, always try to put you down. I mean, wtf?
    Yeah I've noticed it. It's annoying when people post completely irrelevant/useless posts or threads. Or insulting a particular group/person/thing that is in no way harming you. Sometimes people go on to a thread insult the op and say nothing else. Real classy

Guess that's what happens when you give people the chance to be faceless. That's the problem, no accountability.

ReputationRep:
    It's the internet, people don't know you in RL so they have no vested interest in making you happy.

ReputationRep:
    Keyboard warriors and trolls are on pretty much every forum, TSR's hardly an exception. But sometimes it does get a bit much, I agree.

It's easy to be brave behind a keyboard and even more so behind anonymity obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, most of them are little e-warriors with their keyboard bashing uber leet skillz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaunebanane)
    Many of them get their claws out online but in real life they're spineless wimps.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    That's life.

ReputationRep:
    If you ask strangers their opinions on things they are more likely to tell you the truth, the way it is. Most people deserve the cruelty because the nonsense they post is trivial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    and people tend to give positive rep to posts that make fun of the OP.
    Do people really think about how to get rep in that much detail? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    People everywhere are cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Most people here give as good as they get.

ReputationRep:

Deal with it yo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Internet anonymity makes people a lot more abrasive.
    That is true.

And I don't know if your sig is just meant as a joke. But that urban legend about someone shouting "10 points to Gryffindor!" isn't true. Confirmed by Emma herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    That is true.

And I don't know if your sig is just meant as a joke. But that urban legend about someone shouting "10 points to Gryffindor!" isn't true. Confirmed by Emma herself.
    Awwwww.

ReputationRep:
    Its an internet forum where everyone is behind a computer screen and can say exactly what they feel with no consequences

What do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors in the world...
    Haha I like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Awwwww.
    Lol. Did you know? Or not? I've seen it all over the internet. It's not even funny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.