The Student Room Group

Help! My friend constantly talks about Skin Bleaching and nose surgery.. (black)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The TSR Star.

Original post by The TSR Star.
looooooooooool i love the fact that the OP put "(black)" in the title

I second this.

I have no idea where you live op but if you haven't seen a pretty/ hot black girl then get out more :p:

Your insecure friend needs to realise that black and white are the same thing. If you live in the UK I guess the majority of the people being white will make you feel like you stand out. To be honest the same thing applies for a white person in an african country or so. Then, it wouldnt just be skin colour thats odd, the shape of the body in general would be different. Black girls tend to be curvier.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by KimKong
Ur Black? Ooh, so ur Black now and concerned about the Black morale today but yesterday u were being racist toward Black people?

Wow, ur talented or u just have awful split personality disorder.

No, that obviously wasn't me. Why would I be racist to black people, or any persons in fact? I don't even like calling people names :s-smilie:
Original post by BambieWambie
When i was little i thought there was something wrong with my skin. My mums white and my dads black. I was so confused.

ha same.
That made me smile. I'm not being big headed but i think im pretty attractive too =)

-_-
Glad i made you smile. Oh look, we both live in london, how convenient:perv:
Original post by KimKong
The bold bit is what all these racist trolls do.

They think they know something about a race and then make up posts based on these dumb assumptions. Just like the posts that are claimed to be written by ''muslims'' that are dissing islam and ''asians'' that apparently want a White gf. All fake and written by racists White dogs that want to feel superior.

I suggest u report the OP for unessessary use of anon n hope he gets dealt with by mods. But in saying that, i think most of these mods r racist themselves.

If u make a post dissing White ppl, it'd get deleted in a SECOND but all the other posts dissing others stay up forever.

All muslims, asians and Blacks should boycott this c.r.a.p. they don't give a damn about us.

By calling white people white dogs you are actually being racist yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I totally agree with you about the mods.
Reply 45
Original post by amani-puresapphire
I second this.

I have no idea where you live op but if you haven't seen a pretty/ hot black girl then get out more :p:

:facepalm2:
CAN PEOPLE READ NOWADAYS!?!

I said that the media doesn't use black women as the 'hot girl' role in films/TV.
Reply 46
Original post by akash11
Face it black is ugly, by making her skin lighter a having a nose job shes making her self prettier be happy for her. Not all people were created equal not all races were created equall.

Lets face it, your insecure.

I pray that your mother, sisters, cousins and aunties all have beautiful Black babies.
Then maybe you won't feel so scared?

Ish'allah.
Skin bleaching AND nose surgery? I've never come across that before apart from on some programme a while back but the black girl grew up in a middle class white suburb and used to get bullied because of her nose. I can understand if she feels that way because of bullying but generally no.
Original post by Anonymous
Why would I call her ugly but you point is true.. and what about Kelly Rowland :s-smilie:.

I think they meant that Kelly Rowland is dark skinned and she's gorgeous :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by babygirl110
By calling white people white dogs you are actually being racist yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I totally agree with you about the mods.

Please don't misunderstand me. NOT all White people are dogs, just the racist ones. For me, anyone that is racist has the intellegence of an inbreeding animal.

Racist people ARE dogs. I shan't retract that.
Reply 50
Original post by CombineHarvester
Skin bleaching AND nose surgery? I've never come across that before apart from on some programme a while back but the black girl grew up in a middle class white suburb and used to get bullied because of her nose. I can understand if she feels that way because of bullying but generally no.

No she's not being bullied. That's why I really blame the media because there is no other reason, It's really sad.
Original post by KimKong

You could NEVER have a Black friend.

No Black person in their right mind would want to be white. Michael did what he did because you racist conts wouldn't allow his success to speak for itself so he tried to fit into the ****e/white stereotype.

You foooool! Why do you have such a complex about Black people? Why are you sooo hurt that you feel the compulsion to write crap on the internet about people that you don't know? Live your life and they'll live theirs.

Michael did what he did because he was mentally disturbed. To imply white people forced him to have plastic surgery is racist, and invalid especially considering he had phenomenal success when he was younger as a dark skinned person.

I don't think black people want to be white and the OP never said that. But in some black cultures there is a desire for lighter skin, due to various cultural reasons, much like many white people don't wish to be black, but also desire a darker skin tone. To deny this is ridiculous.
When i was little i thought there was something wrong with my skin. My mums white and my dads black. I was so confused.

This made me go "aww" out loud :console:. Is this how a lot of young mixed race people feel? Cos I never thought of it that way before.
Reply 53
I didn't mean disliked as hated racially, I mean like it's not viewed as attractive, ever heard the term 'blick' :rolleyes: although I guess same goes for very pale skin but pale skin seems to be promoted now in the media as attractive like pale skin and red lipstick.

But dark skin.. :no:

I guess I'll have to take your word for it on this one but seriously, who cares?! Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to turn a blind eye just because she has dark skin.
Original post by linkdapink
Beyoncee L'Oreal...

http://www.google.co.uk/images?rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=&redir_esc=&q=beyonce+L'oreal&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=1BMOTejnItSAhAf-3u23Dg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDMQsAQwAA&biw=1259&bih=644

Whiter than usual. She's "whited up" in a lot... and it happens to a lot of people. Just search beyoncee photoshop and there's a lot of evidence of this.

I find beyonces darker self more pleasing to the eye. I don't know why they whiten her for the loreal ads.

When kerry washington did loreal, they never used to lighten her. She looked great.
Most pale pale people go and get fake tan or go to a tanning salon.. I was the palest person in the school :/ could always find me in school photos by looking for the patch of ghostly white.
I don't think your friend is much different to all the people tanning themselves to darken their skin.
Reply 56
No, that obviously wasn't me. Why would I be racist to black people, or any persons in fact? I don't even like calling people names :s-smilie:

Don't ask me why you're racist. Only you and your parents would know the answer to that.

I would LOVE to meet u. You strange little erchin. You have issues. Don't quote me again cos you're getting on my nerves.
:facepalm2:
CAN PEOPLE READ NOWADAYS!?!

I said that the media doesn't use black women as the 'hot girl' role in films/TV.

Really, who gives a **** about the media? Half the stuff they go on about is quite bull**** anyway. And anyone who follows absolutely everything in the media to a t, should really get out more. Learn to make up your own mind about issues, not blindly follow what's in magazines/TV/films/etc. Maybe then you and your friend wouldn't be so lost!
Original post by KimKong
Please don't misunderstand me. NOT all White people are dogs, just the racist ones. For me, anyone that is racist has the intellegence of an inbreeding animal.

Racist people ARE dogs. I shan't retract that.

Oh okay, yeah I misunderstood. I thought you meant white people in general are dogs but you meant only the racists and yeah I agree with you on that one.
Reply 59
Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp
I think they meant that Kelly Rowland is dark skinned and she's gorgeous :biggrin:

Well you're saying that now just because we narrowed it down. It's like this..

Think of a hot girl:
Beyonce, Shakira, Christina Millian, girl from the big bang theroy... (extended long list)

Ok,ook so we named all of those. So what about a girl with dark skin?
.... Kelly Roland.

My point is that the person only mentioned her because you were triggered to in a normal situation no one would mention her sadly even though she is beautiful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending