The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
kim kardashian is curvy, this girl is fat.
Original post by alicebytemperley
I know that when we sit down we tend to look a bit chubbier but you have to admit that the rolls of fat there are excessive. There's no way that this can be considered healthy.

you could say chubby,and overwight but FAT is a different category in my opinion..

THIS is FAT

http://files.sharenator.com/fat_woman_with_fat_hanging_out_of_dress_If_browsers_were_women-s394x410-28069-580.jpg
She is attractive to me.
Original post by Square
kim kardashian is curvy, this girl is fat.

How about overwight and chubby?
Original post by Menakshelatte
you could say chubby,and overwight but FAT is a different category in my opinion..

THIS is FAT

http://files.sharenator.com/fat_woman_with_fat_hanging_out_of_dress_If_browsers_were_women-s394x410-28069-580.jpg

that is morbidly obese

the whale in the OP is FAT
How can she compare herself to Jennifer Hudson and America Ferrera?

Spoiler

OP: How does this in any way, shape or form, affect you whether or not she is happy and what she thinks of her body?
Reply 47
Original post by colabottles
Does it matter if she's fat or curvy or whatever? She's gorgeous! And happy! I think she's a real woman, as is any other woman who's happy. :smile:

Are unhappy women not real?

Original post by edd360
I think she is perfect

Perfect? wtf, do you even know what perfect means?

Original post by SpiritedAway
OP: How does this in any way, shape or form, affect you whether or not she is happy and what she thinks of her body?

Well its some what pernicious that the media is telling people to be happy with their bodies when they are clearly unhealthy as in the above picture, the OP is railing against this sort of molly coddling
(edited 13 years ago)
she is quite good looking till her bra...after that everythings massive (tbh the boobies are quite massive too but thats another matter :smile:)
Everyone is DIFFERENT, it's a FACT, learn to LIVE with it...then you may be happy and you may stop complaining on a web page like a 'cry baby'.
Reply 50
It's an optical illusion: Cover her face with your thumb and she turns into a whale!!!!!!!

Also, is there a term for the opposite of a butterface? Would be useful to know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
At least she has tits... :emo:
I think as you get a bit older it matters less to how you see somebody. I personally like a bit of shape to a girl and the pictured girl is right up my street. But what I can't work out is why contemporary society has such a strong message of perfection to the extent where people need to post images to talk about how ugly somebody imperfect is? I am not sure it is healthy societally speaking. Anybody read the beauty myth by naomi wolf?
Reply 53
The only plus sized curvy models are the ones who have meat on them but the meat hasn't turned into bread rolls.
Do you really think women are so massively influenced by a magazine article they're going to throw down the salad and embrace being fat. Your concern is touching, and your naivety even more so.

Ho ho ho. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by basketofsnakes
that is morbidly obese

THIS is OBESE

http://lovelifelikeyourself.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fat_women.jpg

eww i felt like vomiting even by just googling these pics..
i know its harsh..but at least wear clothes if your THIS fat..

and no That women is not fattt...i agree she's not exactly curvy but just a bit overwight i would say.
Yeah, she is fat.

For women to embrace fatness is just as unhealthy as embracing skinniness.
Reply 57
Original post by basketofsnakes
that is morbidly obese

Just out of interest, why do you care? It's up to her, and if she's happy with her body, good for her. I wouldn't say she's extremely fat, she's probably overweight, but so what?

It does annoy me when people use 'curvy' to mean fat though. I'm curvy and I'm a size 8-10, so definitely not fat. You can be slim and curvy.
Reply 58
Original post by a_t

Well its some what pernicious that the media is telling people to be happy with their bodies when they are clearly unhealthy as in the above picture, the OP is railing against this sort of molly coddling

Do you know what subjective means?
Original post by a_t

We don't know she is unhealthy though, we're not her doctor. It's said before, size =/= how healthy someone is. Yes, if someone is obese, they are probably unhealthy. I am a size 14, and I can keep up with my brother in sports, namely running (he is in the army and trained by them), I eat extremely healthily, and I am a healthy person, yet, I am overweight. Likewise, someone who is skinny, does not mean they are healthy.

Latest

Trending

Trending