Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmahi)
    How can you have pics of Biggie and Rakim and then say some **** like that
    Well done for living in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Swans - My Father Will Guide Me...sensational album
    This without a doubt. Been a good year for music all round though, I think the people who are complaining just aren't looking.

ReputationRep:
    The Script
    Kanye
    Drums
    Foals
    Ellie Goulding
    Olly Murs (despite being an X-Factor whore, he's still pretty good!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Well done for living in the past
    haha and weezy's prodige is the future? Biggie would turn in his grave. He toured with Hanson for god's sake

ReputationRep:
    haha and weezy's prodige is the future? Biggie would turn in his grave. He toured with Hanson for god's sake
    Did I say he was the future? Would you rather listen to stale hip hop from the likes of birdman and soulja boy and gucci mane? Drake's bringing something different to hip hop and that's the whole point of the genre - being innovative hence the"green light" he's been given by his peers from the likes of Jay-Z and Nas. I don't see the point from people like you who think hip hop's a one man's game, it's just going to get stale hence why Jay Electronica, Wiz K, J.cole and Drake who all have diffferent styles have made a name for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    ZOMGZ LEEETELL WAYNNNEEE I LURBBBBB HIMMMMZZ ALBUMZZZ RRR DA BESTTTZZZZ

totally kidding, i'm not really sure who i'd give it to tbh, but out of the one's I've heard it'd have to be my man Eminem for Recovery.

ReputationRep:
    Did I say he was the future? Would you rather listen to stale hip hop from the likes of birdman and soulja boy and gucci mane? Drake's bringing something different to hip hop and that's the whole point of the genre - being innovative hence the"green light" he's been given by his peers from the likes of Jay-Z and Nas. I don't see the point from people like you who think hip hop's a one man's game, it's just going to get stale hence why Jay Electronica, Wiz K, J.cole and Drake who all have diffferent styles have made a name for themselves.
    I agree with this, drakes brought a new style to the game.

I can't stand all this trash we have now like Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy. We need to eradicate these amateurs.

ReputationRep:
    Slash - Slash
    Avenged sevenfold - Nightmare
    Alter Bridge - ABIII

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Are those the only hip hop artists in existence today?

No one wants to listen to gucci mane, soulja boy or birdman. If I had to choose I would pick Drake, but fortunately there are artists outside this selection.

I don't see how the fact that I don't like drake makes me think hip hop's a one man game? Open your eyes.

There is a whole load of hip hop you're not aware of if those are the only artists you can think of who are relevant today.

I'll give you J Cole but I wouldn't give the others a second.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.

Are those the only hip hop artists in existence today?

No one wants to listen to gucci mane, soulja boy or birdman. If I had to choose I would pick Drake, but fortunately there are artists outside this selection.

I don't see how the fact that I don't like drake makes me think hip hop's a one man game? Open your eyes.

There is a whole load of hip hop you're not aware of if those are the only artists you can think of who are relevant today.

I'll give you J Cole but I wouldn't give the others a second.
    That's good for you mate, well done, you're amazing, congrats on your underground findings, but the fact that you're criticising me for liking Drake as well as having interests in other legendary hip hop aswell as other genres of music is retarded which is what you started off with originally - there's nothing wrong with having a bigger musical scope.

ReputationRep:
    Total Life Forever was a quality album from start to finish.

ReputationRep:
    That's good for you mate, well done, you're amazing, congrats on your underground findings, but the fact that you're criticising me for liking Drake as well as having interests in other legendary hip hop aswell as other genres of music is retarded which is what you started off with originally - there's nothing wrong with having a bigger musical scope.
    Enjoy your bigger musical scope. My initial opinion was clouded by the fact that it seemed as though you actually like hip hop, something I wouldn't consider Drake to be.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your bigger musical scope. My initial opinion was clouded by the fact that it seemed as though you actually like hip hop, something I wouldn't consider Drake to be.
    I do like hip hop, from the Wutang Clan to Pac, to Rakim to Biggie to Nas to Jay-Z to LL Cool J..the list goes on. Fair enough I agree with you that he may not be hip hop and should be classified as R'n'B but nonetheless just because I like other forms of music doesn't mean I don't like hip hop.

ReputationRep:
    I have no doubt that if Drake was signed to Def Jux or Rhymesayers and made the exact same music this jimmahi guy would be fully on his **** and be lauding this guy as a hero and his singing as revolutionary

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Swift- speak now.

cue a million jokes of "Imma let you finish, but kanye's album is the best album in the world"

ReputationRep:
    Been a very bleak year in terms of music.
    Only ones that stand out are The Suburbs - Arcade Fire and High Violet - The National.
    Kanye's album was alright but very self-indulgent in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    I have no doubt that if Drake was signed to Def Jux or Rhymesayers and made the exact same music this jimmahi guy would be fully on his **** and be lauding this guy as a hero and his singing as revolutionary
    This statement says more about what is wrong with hip hop than I possibly could.

The fact that someone doesn't respect an rnb rapper makes them that shallow? Guess it's impossible to actually like real hip hop these days.

ReputationRep:
    Avenged....NIGHTMAAAAAAAAAAAARE! !!

ReputationRep:
    Tourist History (Two Door Cinema Club), Manners (Passion Pit) and Flaws (Bombay Bicycle Club).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.