Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are girls holidays about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperatore)
    Can't stand those girls who do that whole typical **** like put on lots of orange fake tan, go on the matching orange easyjet flight to some spanish island, get their tits out on the beach and become ****s, spreading their legs open for a drink or two (which technically means you're pricing your vagina at a low low price of just £3...do they get clubcard points with that?).

Mind you, I can't stand their guy counterparts who go on the lads holiday to do that sort of stuff either.

Whatever happened to the sophisticated, cultured, educated british tourists?
    But this might be part of their culture, no? As long as they're not doing anything illegal then surely we have to respect their wishes - they may just have high sex drives or high alcohol tolerance...Presumably it's quite rare though.

ReputationRep:
    And just FYI I'm a British female and I managed to go on a girls' beach resort holiday and not paint myself orange, get my tits out or partake in intercourse on a beach and I didn't spread my legs for a drink. Of course it depends on the girls but I imagine a lot of guys could be reading this and freaking out that their girlfriend is going on holiday to cheat on them - in my group of four there was one with a boyfriend and absolutely nothing untoward happened (though she did forget to phone him one night because we fell asleep and ended up having a really late dinner!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    And just FYI I'm a British female and I managed to go on a girls' beach resort holiday and not paint myself orange, get my tits out or partake in intercourse on a beach and I didn't spread my legs for a drink. Of course it depends on the girls but I imagine a lot of guys could be reading this and freaking out that their girlfriend is going on holiday to cheat on them - in my group of four there was one with a boyfriend and absolutely nothing untoward happened (though she did forget to phone him one night because we fell asleep and ended up having a really late dinner!)
    But for alot of people who do this, these activities may be an important part of their culture. Since the Western world is a free and liberal place, what is the problem with this providing that the participants are not breaking the law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    But for alot of people who do this, these activities may be an important part of their culture. Since the Western world is a free and liberal place, what is the problem with this providing that the participants are not breaking the law?
    Hey, if someone wants to do that then it's their decision...I personally don't think it's a very dignified way to behave and I guess I don't like that internationally British people have a strong reputation for behaving that way when it isn't the case for a large majority of girls. Plus you can satisfy a high sex drive and thirst for alcohol without embarassing yourself or your friends or putting yourself in danger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    Hey, if someone wants to do that then it's their decision...I personally don't think it's a very dignified way to behave and I guess I don't like that internationally British people have a strong reputation for behaving that way when it isn't the case for a large majority of girls. Plus you can satisfy a high sex drive and thirst for alcohol without embarassing yourself or your friends or putting yourself in danger.
    That's certainly true - but do people actually get drunk and have sex in public when abroad? I'm aware all that goes on - but surely if they just do it in their hotel rooms with the door locked then there isn't a problem?

Like in Al-Dubai it is illegal to be drunk and disorderly in public but in practise in your own private accommodation you can get as intoxicated as you want and nobody will care unless you go outside. And similarly in Al-UK it is also an offence to be drunk and disorderly in public so surely the hoildaymakers would be aware, right?

ReputationRep:
    God I wish Swedish women came on a 'girls holiday' to Britain. Life would be easy.

ReputationRep:
    Like in Al-Dubai it is illegal to be drunk and disorderly in public but in practise in your own private accommodation you can get as intoxicated as you want and nobody will care unless you go outside.
    Here's a question.
    If you're at a bar in dubai and drinking, how are you meant to get home without at some point being drunk in public?

ReputationRep:
    That's certainly true - but do people actually get drunk and have sex in public when abroad? I'm aware all that goes on - but surely if they just do it in their hotel rooms with the door locked then there isn't a problem?

Like in Al-Dubai it is illegal to be drunk and disorderly in public but in practise in your own private accommodation you can get as intoxicated as you want and nobody will care unless you go outside. And similarly in Al-UK it is also an offence to be drunk and disorderly in public so surely the hoildaymakers would be aware, right?
    In all the major package holiday resorts (magaluf, malaga, zante, kavos etc etc) most people are drunk and disorderly in the streets and there is plenty of public sex. Ask anyone that's been to one of these places and I'm certain they'll have stories to tell about something that they did or saw. Just go onto truelad.com and the number of lads' holiday balcony/beach sex stories will amaze you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    Here's a question.
    If you're at a bar in dubai and drinking, how are you meant to get home without at some point being drunk in public?
    Taxi? Also, aren't many bars just inside hotels anyway - where guests will often be staying?

ReputationRep:
    clubbing, shopping, tanning, read magazines, maybe some sightseeing I guess

ReputationRep:
    Lesbian romps on the beach. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, when you go abroad to these places, do you learn the local language to a rudimentary level in advance or do all the local people speak English to a reasonable level since it may be quite a touristy place? I am learning some introductory Dutch before I move
    Unfortunately I must say most don't bother and that goes for guys and girls :/ They just stick to the touristy areas and can perhaps say 'please' 'thanks you' and 'can I have. . .' Personally I prefer to know a little more of a native language before I go just incase of emergencies! Moving there I'd say learning the language is a must haha and tbf people are normally more polite if you say speak french in France or German in Germany because they like your effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    In all the major package holiday resorts (magaluf, malaga, zante, kavos etc etc) most people are drunk and disorderly in the streets and there is plenty of public sex. Ask anyone that's been to one of these places and I'm certain they'll have stories to tell about something that they did or saw. Just go onto truelad.com and the number of lads' holiday balcony/beach sex stories will amaze you...
    Haha.. lol... really?!?!

I'd have thought it was just rumour - I mean, I'm pretty sure that in Spain and Greece (which is where most of those carnage/package holidays are) it's illegal to be drunk in public (i.e. you can be arrested) and it's almost certainly illegal to have sex in public.

Are you sure that happens (because surely people would be arrested, fined and probably even imprisoned) or is it just on say, hotel balconies and possibly behind the fruit machines in a bar, for example?

ReputationRep:
    Haha.. lol... really?!?!

I'd have thought it was just rumour - I mean, I'm pretty sure that in Spain and Greece (which is where most of those carnage/package holidays are) it's illegal to be drunk in public (i.e. you can be arrested) and it's almost certainly illegal to have sex in public.

Are you sure that happens (because surely people would be arrested, fined and probably even imprisoned) or is it just on say, hotel balconies and possibly behind the fruit machines in a bar, for example?
    You have to remember that the economy of these areas is hugely reliant on tourism and people can get away with a lot more than they would normally - for example I live in a northen Spanish city and there is no way that you would ever get away with being like that but somewhere like Malaga they would probably turn a blind eye. There is definitely plenty sex on the beach.

Plus most UK cities on a Saturday night are full of drunks and plenty people get up to stuff in clubs/ shag in alleyways, I'm assuming that you either don't live in Britain or have a pretty sheltered life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)
    You have too many specific holidays in your mind.
    Depends what you and your close friends are into, usually sunbathing, partying, swimming and checking the place out.....its just a holiday like any other just with your friends with no pressure to do stuff you'd have to with other people.
    I don't see the confusion.
    Who might I ask is the dashing young gentleman in your sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    You have to remember that the economy of these areas is hugely reliant on tourism and people can get away with a lot more than they would normally - for example I live in a northen Spanish city and there is no way that you would ever get away with being like that but somewhere like Malaga they would probably turn a blind eye. There is definitely plenty sex on the beach.

Plus most UK cities on a Saturday night are full of drunks and plenty people get up to stuff in clubs/ shag in alleyways, I'm assuming that you either don't live in Britain or have a pretty sheltered life...
    Is that because the police/authorities in Malaga are just lazy? Are there like specific 'designated' beaches where the sex goes on so there's an unwritten rule that it's acceptable in certain premises but not others? It seems strange since the Emirate of Dubai's economy is heavily dependent on tourism but I'm fairly sure the Emirate's authorities would not tolerate sex in public. I also thought Espana was a fairly conservative country. Surely there would be videos on youtube if it was that common, right?

Lol - I do livei in the UK. But I live in London - and though I do go out occasionally on Friday/Saturday evenings to functions and restaurants I've never seen loads of drunks in central London. Maybe in other more provincial towns public drunkenness might be more tolerated? But even in the small town I lived in before moving to London - there was basically no drunks outside falling over even on Friday/Saturday evenings. I've seen some stuff on TV but I'm pretty sure it's not representative of most British towns/cities. Have you actually seen this stuff live - i.e. with your own eyes?

Also, shagging in clubs might be different to shagging in alleyways because a club is indoors whereas the alleyway is a public place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Who might I ask is the dashing young gentleman in your sig?
    Harry Styles

ReputationRep:
    Is that because the police/authorities in Malaga are just lazy? Are there like specific 'designated' beaches where the sex goes on so there's an unwritten rule that it's acceptable in certain premises but not others? It seems strange since the Emirate of Dubai's economy is heavily dependent on tourism but I'm fairly sure the Emirate's authorities would not tolerate sex in public. I also thought Espana was a fairly conservative country. Surely there would be videos on youtube if it was that common, right?

Lol - I do livei in the UK. But I live in London - and though I do go out occasionally on Friday/Saturday evenings to functions and restaurants I've never seen loads of drunks in central London. Maybe in other more provincial towns public drunkenness might be more tolerated? But even in the small town I lived in before moving to London - there was basically no drunks outside falling over even on Friday/Saturday evenings. I've seen some stuff on TV but I'm pretty sure it's not representative of most British towns/cities. Have you actually seen this stuff live - i.e. with your own eyes?

Also, shagging in clubs might be different to shagging in alleyways because a club is indoors whereas the alleyway is a public place
    Watch any of those Club 18-30 type TV shows and I'm sure you'll see an example of what goes on. Certainly in the UK a nightclub would count as a public place and anyone caught shagging there would be thrown out by the bouncers...I guess alleyways just don't have bouncers :/

Trust me, I'm from a major UK city and in the nightlife areas there are always drunks falling around. The stuff you see on TV (for example the programmes that follow the police on a typical night etc) is pretty normal and although it isn't representative of most PEOPLE it is definitely representative of what happens in most towns. There was a thing you could watch on 4od called Brits and Booze or something like that which you might find informative. But yes, I have seen it with my own eyes and to be honest I'm perfectly used to it. I imagine that the times that you would be out for meals/functions etc would be too early for the masses but if you're outside a club later in the night or when the pubs close you'll more than likely see plenty, not just rowdy chavs but also people that you would normally expect to be well behaved!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Listen to this guy, he knows what he is a talking about.

Effofex, Have you been to one of these places, the sh*t tht goes on would baffle you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    Watch any of those Club 18-30 type TV shows and I'm sure you'll see an example of what goes on. Certainly in the UK a nightclub would count as a public place and anyone caught shagging there would be thrown out by the bouncers...I guess alleyways just don't have bouncers :/

Trust me, I'm from a major UK city and in the nightlife areas there are always drunks falling around. The stuff you see on TV (for example the programmes that follow the police on a typical night etc) is pretty normal and although it isn't representative of most PEOPLE it is definitely representative of what happens in most towns. There was a thing you could watch on 4od called Brits and Booze or something like that which you might find informative. But yes, I have seen it with my own eyes and to be honest I'm perfectly used to it. I imagine that the times that you would be out for meals/functions etc would be too early for the masses but if you're outside a club later in the night or when the pubs close you'll more than likely see plenty, not just rowdy chavs but also people that you would normally expect to be well behaved!
    Yep. I've heard of Club 18-30. But it seems a bit pointless to have to do all the activities they organize when it would actually be cheaper booking your own flights and doing your own sightseeing and activities and not have time limits in the evenings.

If you don't mind me asking - what city are you from? Usually meals and functions I have in London are at about 8pm - 11pm but I have been out to meet friends, get a late night snack or even a taxi to the airport in the early hours of the morning - 1am, 2am etc. and I've never seen that kind of stuff in central London tbh, so I imagine if it does happen, it must go on inside clubs/pubs etc.

It must be quite brave to vomit/shag in public though, especially when there's CCTV around which can catch you. Actually, come to think of it, I remember getting on a coach in Wolverhampton city centre at about 2am and when I was just taking my luggage towards the bus there were these two women howling and shrieking and trying to juggle their breasts so I guess it happens in some places!

Do these people actually find it fun though? I haven't been drunk before but don't you get a really bad hangover if you consume too much alcohol which can effectively leave you bed-ridden on a Sunday?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.