The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Steelers should've won that game yesterday.

Our special teams unit has to learn from its mistakes, that touchdown in the first minute was such a fail from the special teams.

Some of the calls by the refs yesterday in the Steelers-Jets game was **** too tbh. Should've got a holding call when I think Sanders was running into the endzone....oh well, playoff berth clinched!
I watched part of the game on C4 last night too. It was my first time watching an actual NFL game so I can't claim to be a genuine fan of the sport but it does seem cool.

I'm a Bengals "fan" purely because they were the first team I saw highlights of on the Channel 5 highlights show last season. I'll admit the only thing I know about them yet is that they have or had a player nicknamed "Ochocinco".
Reply 42
Original post by Jack_P
I've loved the Jags ever since the Fred Taylor-Jones Drew combination in Mo-Jo's second season when they beat the damned Steelers in the Playoffs. On a different note, I've went 13-1 in my NFL.com fantasy league against a load of yanks :smile:

Sweet man.

I'm 9-5 on NFL.com and 11-2 on facebook. I won my league last year but I don't think it will happen this year somehow :/
Reply 43
Original post by Fandabidoze!
I watched part of the game on C4 last night too. It was my first time watching an actual NFL game so I can't claim to be a genuine fan of the sport but it does seem cool.

I'm a Bengals "fan" purely because they were the first team I saw highlights of on the Channel 5 highlights show last season. I'll admit the only thing I know about them yet is that they have or had a player nicknamed "Ochocinco".

He is still there. Technically his name actually is 'Chad Ochocinco;. Originally called 'Chad Johnson', he legally changed his surname to 'Ochocinco' which is spanish (i think) for 85 which is his jersey number. He's quite a character.

Twitter account for him here. http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco

And he has an ipod/iphone game app called 'madchad' which is fun :P
Original post by S129439
He is still there. Technically his name actually is 'Chad Ochocinco;. Originally called 'Chad Johnson', he legally changed his surname to 'Ochocinco' which is spanish (i think) for 85 which is his jersey number. He's quite a character.

Twitter account for him here. http://twitter.com/#!/ochocinco

And he has an ipod/iphone game app called 'madchad' which is fun :P

Yeah, I've just been reading his wikipedia. Apparently, he wants to change his name again to "Hachi Go" (which is 85 in Japanese) but I think that may be a joke.

I've also been reading up on the Bengals. They didn't have a great run during the90's, did they!
Reply 45
Peyton Manning is my God.
Original post by S129439
Well for a start MJD has a chance at finishing the season as the rushing yards leader. He will have over 1500.

I don't think the Colts will slip either. Oakland and Tennessee to go. Perhaps they could lose to Oakland? Maybe? Oakland are at home, just hung a 40 burger on Denver and have Darren Mcfadden to have a crack at a poor Colts D. Plus Nnamdi Asomugha is a crazy corner who could pick off Manning.

I think Jaguars could feasibly lose the next two ro win the next two, it's up in the air. Washington just put 30 on Dallas and tbh could easily have won and Houston with Schaub and Johnson/Foster can exploit anyone. Their offense is amazing, just depends if their defense can hold up (which it probably won't).

And yeah it was horrible.

Sometimes the play-calling by the Jags is great, expecially on rushing plays. I mean it's not only MJD that gets the job done. The rotation between him, Jones and Jennings is done really well at times.

I know what you mean, the Jags can blow hot and cold, which does give me doubts about the last two games, but if we force the Colts have to win their last two games then I'll take that.

I think there are some positives this season for the Jags. Obviosuly the rushing, but Derek Cox is proving himself to be a very competent cornerback, and of course Marcedes Lewis is in top form at the moment.

It would be wise to improve the defence though, particularly in the safety and linebacker department. I will also be extremely disappointed, and surprised, if they don't draft a QB.

Original post by Jack_P
I've loved the Jags ever since the Fred Taylor-Jones Drew combination in Mo-Jo's second season when they beat the damned Steelers in the Playoffs. On a different note, I've went 13-1 in my NFL.com fantasy league against a load of yanks :smile:

Don't even get me started on fantasy leagues. I scored the third most points in my league, but because I seemed to be against people when they had a brilliant week I actually have a losing record: 5-9.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
Haha, I've actually racked up the most points and conceded the second least, so I've been quite lucky. I also picked up Mike Vick early in the season and he's been amazing for me. I won my first playoff game last night by a mile.
Reply 48
Original post by TheMagicRat

I know what you mean, the Jags can blow hot and cold, which does give me doubts about the last two games, but if we force the Colts have to win their last two games then I'll take that.

We aren't losing those last two games :colonhash:
Original post by Mann18

A fellow Colts fan!
:woo:
Original post by Mann18
We aren't losing those last two games :colonhash:

You should do, but I've definitely seen stranger things happen in the NFL. Whilst there's still hope to cling onto, then I will continue to cling.
Reply 51
Original post by CapnHooch
A fellow Colts fan!
:woo:

:top2:

We're a couple of regular badasses is right.

I'm annoyed that Collie went out injured, there goes our best slot WR, and perhaps our shot in the playoffs, I mean, we'll probably still do well (I'm talking AFC Championship well :wink: ) but it rather does cut our odds slightly.

Im a bit of a Giants fan tbh.

Also, i play rugby. I always hear how NFL is so much rougher than rugby.
I personally feel that NFL is only as rough as it is, because the padding allows it to be 'safely' very tough.
I know how rough rugby is and seeing as i've seen many NFL games, i would say they're about as rough as each other but in different ways.
Opinions?
Reply 53
Bear down bitches
Original post by Mann18

I'm annoyed that Collie went out injured, there goes our best slot WR, and perhaps our shot in the playoffs, I mean, we'll probably still do well (I'm talking AFC Championship well :wink: ) but it rather does cut our odds slightly.

I don't see the Jags or the Colts, depending on which one makes the play-offs, getting past the wild card play-off games.
Original post by Mann18

Yeah, my heart sank :frown:
Such a promising lad.

Never know, Peyton may snap back :biggrin:
Reply 56
I don't see the Jags or the Colts, depending on which one makes the play-offs, getting past the wild card play-off games.

Say things remain as they are, we'd take on the Ravens, at home.
I can see us beating them, as we're at home.

Then, we'd be at Heinz field I think?
Much tougher, and if we won that, I'd back us to go all the way, we almost beat New England last time after all.

If we're at Foxborough, then the same applies, but it really will all ride on the Steelers game then.

It'll come down to the Steelers game I feel.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Fandabidoze!
Yeah, I've just been reading his wikipedia. Apparently, he wants to change his name again to "Hachi Go" (which is 85 in Japanese) but I think that may be a joke.

I've also been reading up on the Bengals. They didn't have a great run during the90's, did they!

It may well be a joke but I wouldn't be surprised!

And no not at all. Bad times for the bengals. This season is hardly better unfortunately.

However, the bengals had a Quarterback named Boomer Esiason who was ace. And right now they have another wide receiver called Terrell Owens or 'T.O'. He is one of the all time great receivers.
Reply 58
Original post by Mann18

He's pretty good....

Not as good as Brady though :smile:
Reply 59

Jags won't get past it. Colts definitely could.