Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How did you and your current boyfriend/girlfriend or most recent ex get together? watch

• PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    At uni...I went to archery and I was one of four girls there. Then I was bored so I fb stalked him and then was chatting away on there. And then I was saying about how we should have a big grouo outing and he was like, nah how about just us two. And that's about it x

we went to a house party at about 3 in the morning. there was literally about 6 people left and most had fallen asleep. i didn't know anyone. guy walks in, sits down amongst my friends. we were tipsy. he was sober. chatted. he tried to fall asleep, i kept him awake, saying how rude he was. we talked all night. he played guitar for us to get us to sleep. we made sleeping bags on the floor. we went outside to a small open fire and chatted. we were in the middle of nowhere, but we walked 3 miles to a shop. we then raced to the hammock, i won, but he climbed in beside me. pulled a duvet over us. i didn't kiss him. he didn't come on to me, cause he knew i was tipsy. we made a tent. he had to drive hs friends to shop and said he'd be right back. during that time my lift came. he then added me on facebook later that day saying he didn't know what to do when i had gone. asked for dvd. i didn't contact him for a few days. met him at his work in a bar. contacted him. he made me the most romantic dinner ever. been together almost 5 months.

ReputationRep:
    Random add on Facebook

ReputationRep:
    It was fate. <3

ReputationRep:
    I was friends with him for five years, and he was my twin sisters best friend so it was arkward to actually getting together because we had to sort of run it by her but its been going fine so far and my twin is happy with us too

ReputationRep:
    He's my friend's boyfriend's brother and they all live in the same house so when I used to go over there for parties and stuff he wouldn't leave me alone. Pretty much it :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Met at the Music Centre - I'd been there for ages and he'd just joined and then we got the bus home together because we both lived near each other, we swapped numbers and two months later he asked me out

ReputationRep:
    We bumped into each other a couple of times the first time she saw me, I was driving to the flat on move-in week. There was this short, balding, fat, chauvinist, egoistic, and pompous ****er of a parent who drove a Jaguar and was blocking the road while his son dawdled about getting stuff out of the car. There were 2 cars ahead of me, I got down told that idiot to move his junk away, he started a shouting match, I gave it back to him and he decided the odds were against him and moved his junk away. She was in the car behind that Jaguar. She lived in the flat below me and would dig info about me from my flatmates. I told my flatmate to tell her I was old enough to be her father But we bumped into each other a few times, including the few times she would try to flirt with me at our block entrance.

One night, she found out I was going to be at the Conservatives Club, it was just around closing time when she came to find for me wearing a very skimpy outfit. I gave her a good sounding and told her to get out of the establishment. As I was leaving, I saw her sitting on the sidewalk, crying her eyes out.

I went to her thinking she was drunk and was going to put her into a taxi. But she was not drunk, we talked a bit, got her to stop crying, then we went to a Kebab place bought 2 kebabs since it was the only thing open and we walked to the beach and had it on one of the benches. We sat and talked on almost the whole night, I told her it would be sunrise soon if we did not go, she said lets stay on till sunrise. Finally around 4am she said if we made it real quick, we could still get some drinks. Not sure how it happened but we just held hands and walked to the Spar, bought drinks and took a cab back. I thought we were going to drink it in my kitchen.............but she had other ideas.

Been together ever since. 15 months now

ReputationRep:
    I only meet women from dating sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    Just no. Such a turn off if he's not man enough to do a simple thing without asking.
    I was merely trying to help the guy out. Frankly if he's ****ting his pants at the idea of taking her hand, would asking be such a bad idea?

Ok clever clogs, what's the best way to tell if she's ready to kiss/ hold hands without asking her?

(Original post by py0alb)
    So had you "got to know her" first, the same thing would have happened, but you wouldn't have got laid first. and that would be better... how exactly?

My current relationship started as a series of ONS's. Most successful relationships do in my experience.
    It was a him, I'm a girl. And I didn't think it would be better if we'd known eachother first, but he did. That was his excuse.

And I'm currently in a similar situation as before. With the series of ONS, did you talk to the person between the ONS much? Did you get with other girls in between sleeping with the same one?

I've had a one night thing twice with the same guy, he got with another girl in between but the second time it almost seemed like we'd planned to get together again and now I'm getting a bit emotionally attatched. It seems like he can talk to me and does like me a bit but I'm not sure whether he's sure what he wants from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It was a him, I'm a girl. And I didn't think it would be better if we'd known eachother first, but he did. That was his excuse.

And I'm currently in a similar situation as before. With the series of ONS, did you talk to the person between the ONS much? Did you get with other girls in between sleeping with the same one?

I've had a one night thing twice with the same guy, he got with another girl in between but the second time it almost seemed like we'd planned to get together again and now I'm getting a bit emotionally attatched. It seems like he can talk to me and does like me a bit but I'm not sure whether he's sure what he wants from me.
    We talked a bit yeah, because we worked together. But we didn't talk about dating or anything like that.

No I didn't sleep with anyone else. But personally I think its acceptable to do it between the 1st and 2nd times, but not after that.

Normally the rule of thumb is that after 3 ONS's its "time for the talk". Which basically means that its time to say "So... are we going to stop seeing other people, make this a regular thing and see what happens?". So maybe try that, it seems to work for most people.

ReputationRep:
    We were in the same Physics for about half a year and we hadn't said two words to each other; I didn't even know his name! But then one day he walked me to the bus station apparently because I looked lonely, so I'm not sure if/how long he liked me first. Hung out for about a month, then he asked me out day before valentines (I think he was going to do it on valentines but I'd been roped into babysitting).

We'd kissed for the first time the day before :lovie: Gets me all giddy thinking about it now.

(Original post by py0alb)
    We talked a bit yeah, because we worked together. But we didn't talk about dating or anything like that.

No I didn't sleep with anyone else. But personally I think its acceptable to do it between the 1st and 2nd times, but not after that.

Normally the rule of thumb is that after 3 ONS's its "time for the talk". Which basically means that its time to say "So... are we going to stop seeing other people, make this a regular thing and see what happens?". So maybe try that, it seems to work for most people.
    Thanks Fingers crossed eh.

ReputationRep:
    How do I talk to this guy I like? I'm pretty shy and I don't really have an excuse to chat to him... All my friends only have boyfriends because they were set up by someone else, or because the guy asked them out.

Met him at college. Had a drunken kiss one night...then again...then again. Then it happened while we were sober. Took us 8 months to make it 'official' though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    We bumped into each other (literally) in the shopping centre, he helped me pick up what he made me drop, asked my name, added me on facebook, chatted for 6 months, met up for a drink- we've been together 18 months now!

ReputationRep:
    A girl randomly added me on myspace, we got chatting etc. However this isn't the girl I ended up with. She introduced me to someone she knew from MSN. We got talking and after a while she told me she liked me, so I decided to go to Sheffield to see her (from London) and we were together about 8 months

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Met him at college. Had a drunken kiss one night...then again...then again. Then it happened while we were sober. Took us 8 months to make it 'official' though, lol.
    Exactly whats happening with me and a friend from uni at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I first met him after having slapped (yes, SLAPPED) another guy who turned out to be a mutual friend (the slap wasn't intentional; was meant to be a light cheeky one but he turned towards it, so well, the impact was a bit harder than I intended. xD)

I get out of band practice, and there's this freakishly tall dude (he's 6foot, I'm 5 foot 1-ish) who sees me and goes, "so you're the one who slapped JD?"
    "Er... yeah." (****, I think he must've been sent here to inflict revenge?!?!)
    "Well, good on you!"

Wait, what?!?!?

We both ended up doing backstage techie work for plays and stuff (he now wants to be a professional theater techie), though he initially found my peppyness "annoying" - I knew because he told a friend over bebo (I saw the post). Said friend chastised him, and the next day I get a Bebo friend request from him...?!?

So I make him feel guilty (albeit jokingly) about what he said, and he spends the next two weeks groveling. :P

Then we went from somewhat-mates to "pet/surrogate siblings" to me noticing that he was a little bit "weird" around me after 2+ years...notably the time he looked a bit "pained" after a mutual guy friend of ours hugged me before he could get the chance (!)

A series of text marathons over Feb 2010 half-term - and a sleepover chat sesh with some girl mates somewhere in between - *sorta* pushed things along. All the text sessions were instigated by him, which is surprising - because he usually doesn't text people unless they text first. So hmm...

When we came back from half term, I bump into his mum who seems to have this knowing smile about her. THEN I bump into him, looking a bit flustered (and it wasn't just because of badminton practice...!)

Go figure. :P It's almost 10 months now, and not a day goes by where I don't feel incredibly lucky.

(All I can say is thank heavens I knew his mum and sisters very well before we went out; it makes getting along so much easier! XD Compared to, well, his dad, who I was introduced to AFTER we got together. :P)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.