Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most 'impressive' thing you've ever stolen? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Yup, this too.

If you're in tescos - and go to the self-service checkouts. You can scan everything in as a 30p donught. I've done that wayy too many times. INteresting if they actually notice?
    Yeah, I only ever nicked stuff at the self scan checkout.. oops, did that chocolate not scan? Not my fault. Oops, did that not go through? Total accident!

Those self-scan checkouts must have massively increased theft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Thanks for killing my joke!
    Anytime lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachesandcream77)
    nah try sainsburys, you can everything in as their 13p doughnut.. plus if you 'use 10 bags' to carry your doughnut in, then you get 10 nectar points.
    Hahaha. Rights. Sainsburys might be my next stop. But I have a tescos clubcard!

And hey, getting more points for using more bags? That's enviromentally not very friendly? In tescos the less bags you use, the more green clubcard points you get. Safe.

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Yeah, I only ever nicked stuff at the self scan checkout.. oops, did that chocolate not scan? Not my fault. Oops, did that not go through? Total accident!

Those self-scan checkouts must have massively increased theft.
    I'm sure it has. Might ask my mate who works in the most expensive tesco in the country. See if he knows...c;

(Original post by Lewroll)
    Wow, i think you win. YOU THEIVING LITTLE THIEF lol Dont you feel guilty?
    Guilty? For what?
    Stealing from this corporate world? Nopes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachesandcream77)
    nah try sainsburys, you can everything in as their 13p doughnut.. plus if you 'use 10 bags' to carry your doughnut in, then you get 10 nectar points.
    The sainsburys self check out machine is retarded
    Im pretty sure the scales dont work
    At my local sainsburys its £1 for any two pastry products
    So if im reallly hungry, with hardly any cash, i go to sainsburys, fill the bag with 3or 4 pastries, and tell the machine i only have 1. The scales cant even tell So i end up paying 75p for 2 croissants and 2doughnuts
    Evil genius:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh also i once used 2 caribbean dollars to pay for my chips! They look like 50ps haha, the guy couldnt even tell

ReputationRep:
    When I was seven, I accidentally took one of those towels that are compressed into a tablet shape until you put them in water.. I put it in my pocket to hold onto in the shop because I didn't have a basket to carry it in. :facepalm:

And another time when I was younger, I brought a sheet of stickers, but when I left the shop I discovered that it was two sheets stuck to each other.. :beard:

Nothing intentional, and nothing since then.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in high school I had a little criminal empire, on friday we started late at 9.30, but the buses still arrived at 8.30, so we'd go to Lidl and me and Liz would steal around 100 37p 'schokoladen' chocolate bars between us, and i'd sell them at 50p each to people in my school.

Other than that, i stole a midnight kiss chemise from debenhams a while back too. I don't even know why i did it. Maybe for the thrill, idk :dontknow: Its gorgeous though

ReputationRep:
    A Bunsen burner. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I somehow stole your mum's virginity , I thought this was quite wierd

ReputationRep:
    The big teddy bear that you win from funfairs. There was no one at the stall, so we just took it.

The self service tesco checkouts are the best. Got around 20 krispy kreme doughnuts for about 5 pounds, by selecting the assorted box. We also had a 3 pound voucher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)

My mum's bad for this: if the checkout person makes a mistake/doesn't notice therefore scan something she doesn't tell them. A few years ago she got a full Christmas dinner for next to nothing (she'd pre-ordered it and the girl at the checkout thought this meant she'd paid for it even though she'd only paid a deposit, so she actually got money back and the girl never scanned any of the preordered food, which included a turkey and cake :p:)
    NO! No you can't just walk away, maybe it's because I work in retail but I'd feel so terrible for the cashier. I doubt she'd lose her job over it but depending on the store she might have to pay those loses back in her wages or at least be put on some sort of watch list, as I assume it was a fair amount of money saved? nooooo haha, one reason I'm glad I'm not a cashier, though sometimes the bitter cold makes me reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't believe me, unless you're black tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Music, Movies and T.V Shows. Where would we be if God did not give us Torrents

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I remember...... In Debt and In HMV

ReputationRep:
    I stole someone soul once.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    The big teddy bear that you win from funfairs. There was no one at the stall, so we just took it.

The self service tesco checkouts are the best. Got around 20 krispy kreme doughnuts for about 5 pounds, by selecting the assorted box. We also had a 3 pound voucher

Yeah I know all about Self checkouts. Get a foccaccia that costs about £1 or so for a mere 35p its called selecting a ring doughnut :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    A house.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't stolen anything since I was a kid (year 8 or earlier).

In chronological order-ish:
    Toothpaste in a tub the shape of a tooth.
    Pokemon stickers
    Spice Girls CD for my mum's birthday
    Chewing gum
    Toast from the school canteen

I'm hardcore me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    NO! No you can't just walk away, maybe it's because I work in retail but I'd feel so terrible for the cashier. I doubt she'd lose her job over it but depending on the store she might have to pay those loses back in her wages or at least be put on some sort of watch list, as I assume it was a fair amount of money saved? nooooo haha, one reason I'm glad I'm not a cashier, though sometimes the bitter cold makes me reconsider.
    I've worked in retail too and I'd hate it, mind you, so has my mum!
    It was M&S!!

ReputationRep:
    A variety of items including shower gel, perfume, butter, chewings gums etc.
    I simply walked out of the shop undetected. It was an accident. When I realized what I did I walked back and bought aforementioned utilities, ensuring amusement for both the other costumers and the cashier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.