Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't suppose anyone here is into black metal/doom/hardcore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    As far as sub-genres of metal go, i'm not too good at distinguishing, but I don't mind listening to most of it. I'm a big Cradle of Filth fan, and massively into Children of Bodom (who I've seen classed as BM but I'm not too sure) but on the whole, I'm more into Thrash.
    :lolwut: Anyone who classes Children of Bodom as black metal have no idea what they're talking about :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    ^ You're such a tart

*****es love doom, *****es love hardcore, right? So therefore *****es LOVE sludge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQmrChMHfr0
    Seen GBH live so many times <3

Disorder are another wicked band, but unfortunately I've never had the chance to see them live :sad:

A lot of the bands from the UK82-era remain quite obscure, and for that reason I get really excited when I find a gem amongst them. I'll have to flick through my WMP for suggestions...

ReputationRep:
    YEAH ABSOLUTELY is Burzum out of prison yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hardcore, yes.
    The Ghost of a Thousand ! Blackhole, until they split up last month anyway. Other favourites of mine include Architects, Hundredth, Every time I die and Of Mice and Men.

ReputationRep:
    Shut your goddamn filthy whore mouth
    I lolled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    mainly into death/black metal and heavy/traditional, and some 60's/70's hard rock.

Saw Mayhem live on Saturday! Other fave bands are Drudkh, dark fortress, wolves in the throne room, emperor, burzum, dismember, entombed, suffocation, anaal nathrakh, rainbow, black sabbath, dio, pink floyd, queen, led zep, slayer. last fm is johngebreadman if you want to see more of them.

I saw Dragged Into Sunlight and Anaal Nathrakh too. God bless intoxicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I saw Dragged Into Sunlight and Anaal Nathrakh too. God bless intoxicants.
    gig should have been postponed. I may have shouted very angrily in the coatroom how mayhem were a bunch of see you next tuesdays for playing an average set for only 50 minutes, and not even doing an encore when they have to make up for 3 bands.

But at least terrorizer magazine can talk about how grim and evil it was, and how they saved the day by playing an amazing set when no other bands can get there right?

Also £4 a pint at the bar? What a load of balls. Next time they play UK they should pick a venue without a ****ing 10 o clock curfew. That's a load of **** in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by field)
    YEAH ABSOLUTELY is Burzum out of prison yet?
    His name is Varg Vikernes, he was let out last year, and he released an album called Belus sometime around May this year.

On the basis of this post alone I am inclined to believe you aren't that much of a black metal fan.

ReputationRep:
    Cathedral were playing in Islington at the O2 academy about a month ago.

Used to be very much into it, now much more rammstein, pendulum, metallica, epica, sonata arctica etc.

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about new school hardcore, or the real stuff?

This is hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGbjW9XGUA

Oh you're talking about 80s hardcore, not the real stuff?

This is hardcore

ReputationRep:
    gig should have been postponed. I may have shouted very angrily in the coatroom how mayhem were a bunch of see you next tuesdays for playing an average set for only 50 minutes, and not even doing an encore when they have to make up for 3 bands.

But at least terrorizer magazine can talk about how grim and evil it was, and how they saved the day by playing an amazing set when no other bands can get there right?

Also £4 a pint at the bar? What a load of balls. Next time they play UK they should pick a venue without a ****ing 10 o clock curfew. That's a load of **** in itself.

Haha, yeah. I got my ticket hella cheap from a mate and was pretty hammered by the time I got there so ALL GOOD.

ReputationRep:

Glad I didn't bother going to this in the end. And yes, Terrorizer are really starting to piss me off, especially since they did away with their awesome posters for the inclusion of ****ing Dominion (which seems to grow in size every issue).

That said, I'm very much into Black metal and Doom. I like a bit of post-hardcore in the NeurIsis style but that's as far as I stretch to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Glad I didn't bother going to this in the end. And yes, Terrorizer are really starting to piss me off, especially since they did away with their awesome posters for the inclusion of ****ing Dominion (which seems to grow in size every issue).
    Terrorizer has gotten pretty bad lately, it won't be long and they will be on a par with metal hammer for getting really commercial and tacky. Wish Zero tolerance did more than 6 issues a year

ReputationRep:

On the basis of this post alone I am inclined to believe you aren't that much of a black metal fan.
    No not a huge fan. I think Alcest are interesting though, and wolves in the throne room seem to have a lot going for them. What's your opinion on wolves in the throne room as they've received a great deal of criticism from other in black metal for not wearing corpse paint etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by field)
    No not a huge fan. I think Alcest are interesting though, and wolves in the throne room seem to have a lot going for them. What's your opinion on wolves in the throne room as they've received a great deal of criticism from other in black metal for not wearing corpse paint etc.?
    Fair enough on the only liking a few bands front. I LOVE Alcest and Wolves in the throne room. Anyone who cares if a band wears corpse paint or not is probably a poser who only pretends to like it because the imagery is "cool". If you like those 3 you HAVE to try Drudkh, not the new one it's quite..different, and also Walknut and Negura Bunget. Seeing as you like the more atmospheric end of black metal I think you would love those bands. And if you get really into it then: Les Discrets, Amesoures, Lantlos, Blut aus nord, cold world, eldrig and the first 3 ulver albums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    As far as sub-genres of metal go, i'm not too good at distinguishing, but I don't mind listening to most of it. I'm a big Cradle of Filth fan, and massively into Children of Bodom (who I've seen classed as BM but I'm not too sure) but on the whole, I'm more into Thrash.
    ***** wut, Children of Boredom are hardly black metal :| neither are Cradle of ******s.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough on the only liking a few bands front. I LOVE Alcest and Wolves in the throne room. Anyone who cares if a band wears corpse paint or not is probably a poser who only pretends to like it because the imagery is "cool". If you like those 3 you HAVE to try Drudkh, not the new one it's quite..different, and also Walknut and Negura Bunget. Seeing as you like the more atmospheric end of black metal I think you would love those bands. And if you get really into it then: Les Discrets, Amesoures, Lantlos, Blut aus nord, cold world, eldrig and the first 3 ulver albums.
    :adore: Nice taste! I love Drudkh, I think my all time favourite band...I think even the new one is a masterpiece despite the stick it's got, it just has a more post-rock shoegaze influence a-la Alcest.

(Original post by field)
    No black metal bands get criticism for not wearing corpse paint....I think in the case of WITTR, it's just because they've become a bit popular with the hipster crowd (as evidenced by the Shrinebuilder gig earlier this month). I still think they're great though.

ReputationRep:
    I was, but then I grew up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    ***** wut, Children of Boredom are hardly black metal :| neither are Cradle of ******s.
    Excuse me while I reel in shock at the fact that you might have a different opinion than me! Besides which, I didn't say that I believed CoB were black metal. And more to the point, I listen to them because the music is pretty ****ing good, especially on Something Wild. Not because of what ****ing genre they're in.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Both. Triptykon are my favourite band at the moment, love their debut even more than I did Monotheist. What did you lot think of Belus? I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Filosofem or any of his early work (outside of the lol midi keyboard stuff), but it was still pretty decent.

Above poster: CoB were good and all (emphasis on were), but they don't really warrant mention in a black metal/doom metal thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.