Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Cameron step down over winter snow crisis? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should Cameron resign?
    Yes. The country needs Labour leadership and it needs it NOW
    34.85%
    No. Let him and his party carry on in their attempts to ruin the country
    65.15%

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of Conservative and Labour supporters here on TSR... I've only 'just' realized...

ReputationRep:
    Cameron's handling of the 2010 Snow Crisis compares to Bush's handling of Katrina, in my opinion.

Where is he? Where is our Prime Minister? If Ed Miliband were PM, he'd be giving us regular updates on the situation and he would not rest until he felt satisfied that his government were doing all it could to relieve the problem. Cameron's not bothered to show his face.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you hate the boys in blue so much Tev?

They're practically the same as Labour.

Make hay whilst the sun shines, your boys are still in power.

ReputationRep:
    I think these extreme winters are here to stay. Time to emigrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    The handling of the snow crisis has been an absolute shambles. Salt supplies are running low, many roads are not being gritted, airports are closed and people have been left to fend for themselves. Is this what the Tories call leadership?

Cameron should go to the Palace to hand in his resignation and ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament so that we can go to the polls.
    I am going to neg you for such a silly thread.

ReputationRep:
    If Ed Miliband were PM, he'd be giving us regular updates on the situation
    "Looks like we're heading for some snow."
    "There's lots of snow."
    "There's even more snow than there was before."
    "There's still some snow, and probably will be for a while."
    "While it's not currently snowing, there is still snow on stuff."
    "The aforementioned snow continues to affect things."
    "Travel is still hindered, as the evil right-wing snow has ignored our perfectly reasonable requests to melt itself."

It's weather. What do you want the government to do? Make snow illegal?

ReputationRep:
    Brown's government were democratically elected by the people to govern. Cameron's government is a coalition of two parties (one of which lied to the their voters to get votes), neither of which gained a majority. It has no mandate, and therefore should only exist as a temporary measure.

Gordon Brown was not elected prime minister by the people. Therefore in your logic he had no right to govern us.

ReputationRep:
    lol, TB didn't resign after Iraq. You think DC is going to resign b/c of some snow?
    once again...lol

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it just as bad last year under Labour leadership? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Everything that I wanted to say about your ridiculous holes in logic and the generally idiocy of your argument has already been said.
    I will therefore just leave you with this:

ReputationRep:
    To the serious replies defending Cameron. Just :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I want to see how badly he can screw the country up before he gets assassinated, like Kennedy.

The country is not going to go anywhere unless a strong personality like Boris Johnson, or Nicolas Sarkozy becomes PM, and grabs the country's demands/problems by the horns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    It's weather. What do you want the government to do? Make snow illegal?
    Don't encourage him. It's about the only thing Labour didn't make legislation on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Don't encourage him. It's about the only thing Labour didn't make legislation on.
    Pretty sure it's in the manifesto for the Monster Raving Loony Party. Or if it isn't, it should be.

ReputationRep:
    Cameron shouldn't step down over the snow crisis ("crisis" being used in the loosest possible sense of the term), he should just step down. Preferably off a cliff along with the rest of the Coalition.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I do hate cameron, I am going to make this plain and simple:

did the previous Labour government do a better job in the previous snow crisis?

I think we bioth know the answer to that and thus, i rest my case

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of Dave, but this is laughable

ReputationRep:
    The handling of the snow crisis has been an absolute shambles. Salt supplies are running low, many roads are not being gritted, airports are closed and people have been left to fend for themselves. Is this what the Tories call leadership?

Cameron should go to the Palace to hand in his resignation and ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament so that we can go to the polls.
    Shut the **** up.

Where were you last year? Smelly troll!

ReputationRep:
    Unemployment, bank bonuses, tuition fees, major cuts, and the best you can come up with to attack the government is the snow? Seriously, get better spin doctors and be a bit more creative with your trolling.

ReputationRep:

I see you made a nice, unbiased poll for us.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.