Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't know. I failed my last blood test. Should have played less COD and did more revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    I realise that. Hence the 'don't take my blood' comment
    Oh right sorry I misinterpreted it!

ReputationRep:
    O+.

I'm not a donor because under Spanish law I can't (I must be 18 first), plus I take some medication and even if it is not important, they would probably reject me.

But I really want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SergioMZ)
    O+.

I'm not a donor because under Spanish law I can't (I must be 18 first), plus I take some medication and even if it is not important, they would probably reject me.

But I really want to.
    Yes you could donate to anyone Rh +ve!

ReputationRep:
    O+

donated twice now, got my wee badge

ReputationRep:
    I'm A-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ith)
    Oh right sorry I misinterpreted it!
    No problemo :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thread is created by a vampire, stop giving him a menu -_-

ReputationRep:
    I'm O+ which is good seeing as I may need lots of blood over the next few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ith)
    Yes you could donate to anyone Rh +ve!
    That's the theory. In practice, Spanish authorities won't allow me to donate blood.
    By having lived abroad, I believe British authorities won't let me either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimus777)
    Really? Could've sworn that was from Bruce Almighty :holmes:

Anyway, i don't know what blood type i am, but my parents are AO and BO so i could be anything
    It was as well.

Hang my head in shame

I love anything by Jim Carey

ReputationRep:
    AB+ which is kinda cool

ReputationRep:
    A+

It's nice to know I'm an over-achiever even when it comes to blood type

ReputationRep:
    AB negative, the rarest type :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Don't have a clue never in my life have I had a blood test :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioSam)
    Do you mean your parents are A and B (in which case they could be AO/BO or AA/BB or any combination). You're unlikely to know their exact genotypes unless you know all your grandparents blood types (and their genotypes) too.
    Well my mum is A, my dad is B and my sister's O so i just assumed....

(please correct me if my assumption is wrong, biology is not my strong point )

ReputationRep:
    B. Have no idea how common it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthi007)
    I know what you mean. :-)

I have 0- too.

We can give blood to everybody but can only receive 0-, which is by the way the rarest type. But that is the reason for me to donate my blood. I don´t get money for it but a friendly smile, kind words and something to eat and drink for free. :-) It is just enough for me to save lives with just a few of my own blood, which I can give for free. I would engage everybody to do that. Maybe you will be in bthe situation that you will need it some time.

So I change the poll. who of you donates blood?

Meee! Though I'm absolutely petrified of needles, hence why I can only do it once in a while when I get my confidence up to do it. It's such a good feeling if you do get to do it, even if I feel a wee bit sick after it cos I hate blood etc. Oh, and make sure you're not extremely skinny like me and end up feeling dead after it. They do numerous checks and stuff on you but make sure you're actually physically fit to do it. If I can do it, anyone can My friend really wanted to do it, and tried her best to push her weight up a few pounds so she could get her badge, they figured her out tho haha. But I didn't get my badge though, I'm still raging :nope:

Ps. O+
    It rules!!

ReputationRep:
    B-

Yeah, I can't die...

ReputationRep:
    I really want to know what blood type I am, though can't seem to find it on any documents or anything... My parents blood types basically mean I could be any of them!!

...how do I find out/what documents is everyone looking at to know their blood type?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.