1 Billion :emo:

(Original post by yoyo462001)
      Spoiler:
      Show
      Spoiler:
      Show
      4.5K :emo:
      Are you ****ing kidding me?

Ok how much do normal visible braces cost?

ReputationRep:
      They're pretty good n straight. I have a gap in the front but it's mostly gone since I chipped my tooth and had it entirely covered in filling, the only trouble is that it's gone yellow, nothing will whiten it and I don't have £560 for a veneer.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      I saw that model! It makes me feel better actually, even though mine is not as big. I've heard people comment on how ugly it was though.
      No way, she's really pretty!
      I wouldn't put 'gap between front teeth' on any 'ugly' list. Honestly I bet you look fine.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)
      Are you ****ing kidding me?

Ok how much do normal visible braces cost?
      I'm not sure, under 3K I think. Either way the ortho said my case wouldn't have been enough to get my free braces under NHS when I was younger anyways.

ReputationRep:
      Depends on the day.
      Sometimes I think they're really nice and other times I can't stand them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      A girl I know has this, but she still has the baby teeth under. Wisdom teeth are supposed to hurt when they are getting taken out, mine have not even grown properly yet. How did you get your braces? Did you just suggest it to your dentist?
      That's kinda how it happened, the big teeth just kinda grew over the baby tooth. My wisdom teeth haven't started growing yet either, just the orthodontist mentioned me being 19 which I will be in April so I'm guessing sometime this year. Not looking forward to it - I had to get 4 teeth taken out before I got the braces and that was bad enough

My dentist first mentioned it when I was 12-ish. But she said I'd need to wait till all my baby teeth fell out naturally (which didn't happen till I was 16 -___-) I didn't really go to the dentist in that period anyway because of other reasons, but once all my baby teeth had fallen out I made my mum take me. She mentioned braces to them and they said they was gonna recommend me for them anyways cause my teeth were pretty bad and really overcrowded.

ReputationRep:
      Sure, I like my teeth. I had braces from the ages of 10-14, with an expander (the kind with a crank that goes across the top of your mouth) at the beginning, and now I have permanent retainers glued to the backs of my teeth. My bite is only about 90% as good as I'd like, so I'll probably get Invisalign eventually. My teeth are pretty white; I do Crest Whitestips twice a year for maintenance. But then, here, it's practically considered child abuse not to pay for braces if you're at all able to (Obviously, I'm exaggerating. Kind of. A little.) Interesting, considering they cost thousands of dollars no matter what!:rolleyes:

Actually, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who didn't have braces, except my cousin, who was just born with perfect teeth! He'll need to do some serious whitening, though.

ReputationRep:
      They look nice ,but I had braces for over 5-6 years. And they continue to cause trouble! I've been going to the same orthodontist for 10 years, damn it. And I've been through a lot when it comes to teeth in general.
      I got braces when I was 9 and took them off when I was 13, I think. Better to do with when you're young.

Now.. it's my wisdom teeth that I hate. They're evil. My teeth has caused me nothing but trouble.

ReputationRep:
      I don't like my teeth. I used to be fine with them, and my dentist always said they were good. Then, I went to a different dentist who advised I get braces and put me on the waiting list. The bottom ones are slightly crowded and I have a 'fang' type thing. Anyway, since then I've been really paranoid about them. =(

ReputationRep:
      I refused a brace and now I look like Shane MacGowan...

/hyperbole

ReputationRep:
      I actually really like the look of..unconventional teeth, I guess.
      I'm quite lucky with teeth, I've never had to have fillings or anything which I'm grateful for.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aeterno)
      Meh, they're fine. Never had braces though.

Go for braces if that's what you want though.

Btw, I'm waiting for someone to make a witty KMT comment...:awesome:

Who is that in your sig? >_>

I HATE my teeth, i had braces at 15 or w.e and had to take em off when i had M.E and now i'm 19... i'm getting them again in january. Score! -_-

ReputationRep:
      Worst part of me to be honest, but they're undergoing correction.

ReputationRep:
      i look like ****ing Jaws..

ReputationRep:
      Yes i like my teeth nice and stright

ReputationRep:
      I inherited my mother's teeth, so always everybody is surprised when I say what I have never been to dentist, tfu tfu tfu. Also I say if I ever need fight somewhere in the street just please don't punch to my nose and teeth cause they looks perfect and I love them. Just when I became teen I realised how important nice teeth is.

ReputationRep:
      You could try embracing the gap like they do:

ReputationRep:
      Gaps aren't that bad, lots of models have the same thing.

ReputationRep:
      I'd say get a brace asap while it's still free! Straight teeth are soo attractive, and to be honest, I regret not getting one when I was younger myself x

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.