Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    I'll only buy her a drink if i'm firmly under the impression that she will be slurping on different juices at the end of the night.
    Haha, fiiiilth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    To be honest, I don't accept drinks from people I don't know.. I'm really wary of people who might have put something nasty in it. A complete overreation in most cases, but I guess you can never be too careful.
    Easy solution - go to the bar with them, then you can see the drink being poured/etc.

ReputationRep:
    I would never ever ever buy a drink for a stranger. NEVER. Way too much pride for that shi*.

ReputationRep:
    I do buy drinks for girls at the club or pub. Whether known or unknown to me.

At clubs, usually if we danced more than 2 songs I'll ask if she wants to join me at the bar..... while in the queue I'll ask her what's she having. I get to the queue I buy both the drinks, hand it to her and I disappear to where my mates are.

In pubs....... usually I do not talk to strangers in a pub, unless it is at the Conservatives Club where I usually go for networking purposes. Buying a drink there usually is just a friendly gesture. But where I am at other pubs and I do get involved in a conversation with a stranger, then I'll buy her a drink on my last round, I then bugger off also after buying that drink.

I've yet to buy a drink for a girl in view of getting into her knickers..................... I find it too loser like to "buy" her out that way.

ReputationRep:
    No ****ing way. I'm not a mug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Anna<)
    Well I know that most middle-eastern guys insist on paying for everything...if I go out with my Armenian and/or Arab friends I'm literally not allowed to pay for anything, but they're just friends.
    They'd still get between your legs if you let them (Or drank enough).

ReputationRep:
    I think it's awkward and wastes money if you just stroll up to any girl and ask if they want a drink. If you talk to them beforehand then yeah, but not right off the mark

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.