Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cable declares war on Sky Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Somehow I don't really expect the BBC to give an Austrian school analysis of the recent financial collapse. I like watching fox business on youtube, I still don't see why it matters what your view of it is. I'm an atheist but I wouldn't ban the God channel, why not let folks watch whatever they like? I don't really like the whole "we can't let this happen otherwise people might watch news that contradicts my views" attitude that I keep seeing.

Would you ban the daily mail? I don't see why people should be allowed to read that (which, again, is a paper that I hate) but I can't watch libertarian TV if I want to.
    If your not getting satisfactory service from the BBC on business and finance, then there are other media outlets in the UK. On Sky, CNBC and Bloomberg. In Newspaper, the financial times...

There are already outlets where you can view libertarian, Authoritarian, or even extremist views. You also have the platform to have a say.

We do not need to foxify or MSNBC the news provided on the television.

"we can't let this happen otherwise people might watch news that contradicts my views" - In regards to this on tv, I don't want my news to be infected with opinions. I am satisfied with the BBC, Sky, and ITN, already.

There is a fox news channel on Sky. I do not want a UK version.

I would not ban the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    To me he sounds like he lost his marbles. Bring down the Gov and Sky? lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.