Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best Pokemon game? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Blue.

ReputationRep:
    Blue was my first, Yellow was my favourite.

POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE
    are released in February in europe! (unless ure in japan)

Whats the game gonna be like? Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Out of those two games, none of them are better. HeartGold and SoulSilver are the same game, except for a few different pokemon.

kerny your avatar looks like urarsang

ReputationRep:
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the best currently out. Without question.

In regards to the Mystery Dungeon games, I'd say I enjoyed them the first time I played them, due to their brilliant storylines (it's almost a contradiction, a Pokémon game with a good storyline!). However, I don't think they have as much replay value as the mainstream games.

Also: if you want simplicity, go for Gold/Silver/Crystal. They are the original versions of HG/SS. I personally prefer the remakes because the graphics are hugely better and the game mechanics are more complex. However, that's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon black and white "in a pinch" theme is :awesome:

I can already tell how many times I am going to lose because of this tune...

Legendary Pokemon Battle :love:

i got soul silver

im using a cyndaquil as a starter good choice?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's alright, I used the leaf one.

ReputationRep:
    The one I enjoyed the most back in the day was Gold :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Crystal. Has to be.

ReputationRep:
    Out of that page, soul silver.

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend Platinum.

The storyline is incredibly extensive, moreso than HG/SS, and an unfamiliar storyline is far more likely to keep you entertained than HG/SS (which only deviate very slightly from the original Gold/Silver games).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    i got soul silver

im using a cyndaquil as a starter good choice?
    Cyndaquil or Totodile are good choices - beware of course that you'll need to get a Water pokemon at some point though .

(If you don't like battling with one then catch a Marill because it can be an 'HM slave' by learning Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool and Rock Smash)

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon yellow

That and pokemon blue were the only two games i got for my gameboy colour lol, played them tooo much

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Cyndaquil or Totodile are good choices - beware of course that you'll need to get a Water pokemon at some point though .

(If you don't like battling with one then catch a Marill because it can be an 'HM slave' by learning Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool and Rock Smash)
    Yeah i keep going through grass and theirs like pokemon every step lol

ReputationRep:
    If you prefer the older games

Yellow/Crystal are amazing and is Blue hackwin and glitchy!
    The more newer games:

I like Heartgold but I had gold version when I was younger so I got HG over SS but platinum/Pearl/Diamond games are good as well. If you wait for a bit longer Black/White are in the new year for US and Europe, we have to wait until Spring for us though.

Any one use the ds emulator?

ReputationRep:
    waiting till spring for black/white is well worth it they're incredible...not so good for casuals like me who get owned by EVing trainers on wi-fi (though I may fall back into it after exams and such).

But if you can't wait Soulsilver is the way to go

I heard there's some way to cheat on soulsilver I mean people with like lv 200 pokemon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.