Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is hitting a skinny weak as a girl man as bad as hitting a woman? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Are British people taught that its ok to hit women? Ive never heard this many people say its ok to hit a woman in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    So a small guy/ a woman can hit or emotionally abuse a stronger male because society says that weaker males or women are never allowed to be hit.? I think women or weaker men should realise in a way not to abuse men. Like if a woman slapped me for no good reason. I dont know if I might feel obliged to slap her back yet most of society considers this "evil" how so?
    well that phrase was quoted in relation to the question - as in, hitting a weak man is just as bad as hitting a woman

but obviously this is kind of simplistic, and you'd have to consider what the man/woman did, and whether they actually deserved to be hit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    Are British people taught that its ok to hit women? Ive never heard this many people say its ok to hit a woman in my life
    But its ok to kill/hit men right? Because men have no rights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    the main argument for not hitting women is they are much weaker than a man and can just be restrained. does this mean if a skinny little ******* of a guy was in your face slapping/yelling it would not be alright to hit him (even though he is as weak as an average girl)
    Why would you want to hit anyone? Are you some kind of thug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlejumper)
    Why would you want to hit anyone? Are you some kind of thug?
    Violence is a result of unconscious thought patterns. But who are we to judge what is unconscious and what is conscious. If someone threatens your survival or according to your own mind does so, Its only natural to feel them as a threat and want to eliminate that threat. For example one persons ego will be threatened if their girlfriend cheats on them with their best friend, another persons ego will feel threatened if they are called "gay idiot (moderators probably going to give me an alert because I said the word gay again)"" or something because pain is relative.

Most people have commited violence and even judgement is a form of violence. Eg calling someone evil or dumb can be considered violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Would that depend on what she did to him though?

And why do you put EMZ=] after every post?
    If it was provoked it'd count for something but I'd still find it bad if it was provoked.
    It's just a habbit. I've been doing it for around 4 years on various forums. It also allows me to express the nature of the post. If I've made a post that seems a bit cold it's reassuring to the reader that there's a '=]' at the end. If I make a post that isn't as cold as I want it to be, 'EMZ.' without a smiley can be cold too(esp. on forums I post regularly, I mean business when I have no emoticons).
    It's a bit of a pain though on very serious threads because =[ sounds not very serious and without an emoticon seems like I'm mad. They're the only real exception where I won't have EMZ on the end.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    But its ok to kill/hit men right? Because men have no rights?
    Its not ok to kill/hit anyone especially women I dont care if they are weaker than the man. and are you serious? Ive honestly never heard someone say they would hit a woman in my life. Doesn't your mother tell you that hitting women is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    Its not ok to kill/hit anyone especially women I dont care if they are weaker than the man. and are you serious? Ive honestly never heard someone say they would hit a woman in my life. Doesn't your mother tell you that hitting women is wrong?
    Why especially women?

Who cares what youve never heard any brainwashed pussy say before?

Why does what my mother tells me have any more significance than the sun newspaper or a christian priest. Obviously my mother would tell me crap like looking at a woman as a sex object is wrong, or I must treat women better than I treat myself because shes slightly biased like a muslim is going to tell me prophet muhhamed is the most influential person ever?

Why is hitting women any more wrong than hitting a weak man or even a strong man?

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy is that you can hit anything with a penis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emor)
    If it was provoked it'd count for something but I'd still find it bad if it was provoked.
    It's just a habbit. I've been doing it for around 4 years on various forums. It also allows me to express the nature of the post. If I've made a post that seems a bit cold it's reassuring to the reader that there's a '=]' at the end. If I make a post that isn't as cold as I want it to be, 'EMZ.' without a smiley can be cold too(esp. on forums I post regularly, I mean business when I have no emoticons).
    It's a bit of a pain though on very serious threads because =[ sounds not very serious and without an emoticon seems like I'm mad. They're the only real exception where I won't have EMZ on the end.
    EMZ=]
    Fair enough. Would there be any situation where you wouldnt be shocked if a guy hit a woman?

And I was just wondering really, id seen a few of your posts and just thought id ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Fair enough. Would there be any situation where you wouldnt be shocked if a guy hit a woman?

And I was just wondering really, id seen a few of your posts and just thought id ask.
    Honestly, I think hitting a woman in the face is just a stupid thing to do. Shove them to the floor, punch them in the stomach/w.e if she's seriously got some control over you and then take her weapon, but all a slap in the face is gonna do is irritate them. It's far more symbolic than anything imo.
    So not really. I could understand causing physical injury to a female, but slapping her in the face, I just don't see any scenario where it'd be justified. Even if a female slapped a male, people view it as being so much worse for a male to slap a female, if you couldn't restrain yourself from slapping her taking that into account I think it'd indicate you have anger management issues of some sort.
    Ahh :P. You're not the first person xD.
    EMZ=P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    the main argument for not hitting women is they are much weaker than a man and can just be restrained. does this mean if a skinny little ******* of a guy was in your face slapping/yelling it would not be alright to hit him (even though he is as weak as an average girl)
    In an ideal world it wouldn't be, but then hitting people is generally about maintaining alpha male status so gender does definitely matter. If he was in your face you would have to hit him because you can't have a p*ssy type guy walking all over you, it's bad for your image.

Please note readers that I'm a "skinny little ******* of a guy" myself.

But of course if you can restrain him without hitting him you should because on the whole the even bigger man is so obviously the alpha male through benevolent, commanding persona and actions that he does not need to prove his worth by subordinating challengers physically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Hitting anybody is wrong except in self defence. If you feel you can only resolve a dispute by fisticuffs then you ought to be in jail.
    Yes brother. Rep'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emor)
    Honestly, I think hitting a woman in the face is just a stupid thing to do. Shove them to the floor, punch them in the stomach/w.e if she's seriously got some control over you and then take her weapon, but all a slap in the face is gonna do is irritate them. It's far more symbolic than anything imo.
    So not really. I could understand causing physical injury to a female, but slapping her in the face, I just don't see any scenario where it'd be justified. Even if a female slapped a male, people view it as being so much worse for a male to slap a female, if you couldn't restrain yourself from slapping her taking that into account I think it'd indicate you have anger management issues of some sort.
    Ahh :P. You're not the first person xD.
    EMZ=P
    I dont have anger management issues!

:mmm:

Seriously though, id only hit a woman if she was coming at me with a weapon tbh. And even then Id try and keep it to as little damage as possible. Otherwise id try and restrain her. :dontknow:

A different smiley I see. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    I dont have anger management issues!

:mmm:

Seriously though, id only hit a woman if she was coming at me with a weapon tbh. And even then Id try and keep it to as little damage as possible. Otherwise id try and restrain her. :dontknow:

A different smiley I see. :beard:
    If she was coming with you at a weapon wouldn't it be better to kick her? What if she had longer arms than you and managed to stab you before you could extend your arm out to slap her? Slapping just seems very impractical. :P.
    Assuming by hit you mean pushing her with your hand/palm.
    Indeed xD.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emor)
    If she was coming with you at a weapon wouldn't it be better to kick her? What if she had longer arms than you and managed to stab you before you could extend your arm out to slap her? Slapping just seems very impractical. :P.
    Assuming by hit you mean pushing her with your hand/palm.
    Indeed xD.
    EMZ=]
    If she came at me with a knife id either try and go for a spear tackle and throw her to the floor or a punch to the face. Even if I didnt put her down I think it would stun her enough for me to grab the knife and restrain her. :dontknow:

Just like to make it clear, id never punch a woman unless I absolutely needed to.

Back to the old smiley. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    "Is hitting a skinny weak as a girl man as bad as hitting a woman?"

It should be but it isn't. That's sexism for you - it cuts both ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    Doesn't your mother tell you that hitting women is wrong?
    Think for yourself for a minute, not listening to what you've been told is right and wrong.

Come up with a reason it's any more wrong than hitting a guy that hasn't been covered.

Women aren't some special case. That's not to say it's right to hit them, it's the opposite, it's not right to hit a guy if it can be helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    If she came at me with a knife id either try and go for a spear tackle and throw her to the floor or a punch to the face. Even if I didnt put her down I think it would stun her enough for me to grab the knife and restrain her. :dontknow:

Just like to make it clear, id never punch a woman unless I absolutely needed to.

Back to the old smiley. :beard:
    Couldn't she just stab you though when you're tackling her(I YouTube'd 'spear tackle' and it seemed possible, but then again the video's weren't very clear)? It'd seem wiser to haver your foot out, leg fully extended, since it's incredibly unlikely her arm is going to be longer than your leg- and she'd probably not have the time to develop the speed so that it'd result in your leg going from a locked position into yourself and then her being able to stab you. I'd think anyway.
    I think I'm probably reading into this too much LOL. Either way I think inflicting harm upon a woman as a man is permissible in self-defence, as long as it's not excessive ^_^. It's just if a woman ever did come running at you with a dagger I wouldn't want you to end up getting stabbed .
    Indeed :P. I generally use '=]' and rarely '=P', I used '=D' for a small time but prefer =P and =] to it. For the first year of four years I always used 'EMZ' or 'EMZ' but then I discovered =] and started to use it. I prefer my old ones but I can't be bothered changing.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emor)
    Couldn't she just stab you though when you're tackling her(I YouTube'd 'spear tackle' and it seemed possible, but then again the video's weren't very clear)? It'd seem wiser to haver your foot out, leg fully extended, since it's incredibly unlikely her arm is going to be longer than your leg- and she'd probably not have the time to develop the speed so that it'd result in your leg going from a locked position into yourself and then her being able to stab you. I'd think anyway.
    I think I'm probably reading into this too much LOL. Either way I think inflicting harm upon a woman as a man is permissible in self-defence, as long as it's not excessive ^_^. It's just if a woman ever did come running at you with a dagger I wouldn't want you to end up getting stabbed .
    Indeed :P. I generally use '=]' and rarely '=P', I used '=D' for a small time but prefer =P and =] to it. For the first year of four years I always used 'EMZ' or 'EMZ' but then I discovered =] and started to use it. I prefer my old ones but I can't be bothered changing.
    EMZ=]
    Stick your foot in the air and try and hold her off? I sense you haven't been in many fights, young lady!

Tbh in the heat of the moment if they've got a knife you bloody well get your skates on and run for it. If you can tackle her broadside (from either side, I'd say?) then you would have a good chance at pinning her for long enough to get the knife off of her but I wouldn't risk anything from a front on position.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.