Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter actress beaten after not dating Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    I saw these:

All I had to do was scroll up a bit :erm:

But anyway its fine, I assumed you were muslim and was interested in the conflicting view you had to other posters. Its fine. If you look above on my edit I did expand on my point, I wasn't saying "omgosh muslims" I was just interested in your different viewpoint.

See you in Afsoc
    (third comment you quoted is mine) What's wrong with arranging marriages? Arranged marriages which give the female the right to say yes or no. There's no problem.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    (third comment you quoted is mine) What's wrong with arranging marriages? Arranged marriages which give the female the right to say yes or no. There's no problem.
    nothings is wrong with them if there is consent. I was merely presenting it to mel0n who held an opposing view. I guess if there was anything for me to disagree with would be the second bit where the family disassociate the girl from their lives. Why? That is just cruel and unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    But anyway its fine, I assumed you were muslim and was interested in the conflicting view you had to other posters. Its fine. If you look above on my edit I did expand on my point, I wasn't saying "omgosh muslims" I was just interested in your different viewpoint.
    My bad, I only saw one of those :dontknow: I probably skim read, like I said. And you assumed correctly tbh and I know you weren't saying anything promoting hatred or anything :p: Sorry if it came across as if I thought that!

ReputationRep:
    But they didn't have a problem with her being an actress??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Appearing in a film.. abused for a relationship with a non-Muslim (whether it was as friends or dating I dunno)... Appearing in a film... abused for a relationship with a non-Muslim.

Somehow I don't think you can place both of them in the same boat, even if Islam doesn't allow females to become actresses.

ReputationRep:
    "Yes, shallow and pedantic..." :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    My bad, I only saw one of those :dontknow: I probably skim read, like I said. And you assumed correctly tbh and I know you weren't saying anything promoting hatred or anything :p: Sorry if it came across as if I thought that!
    No prob bro

See you in Afsoc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

It happened so long ago and she wasn't even beaten like the title claims lol :sigh: such a fail DM, once again.
    Whatdo you mean daily mail fail ? The mail is not making things up, its is not misrepresenting anything. for christ sake her family attacted her and they have went to court for it. So how can it be a dm fail you moron ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    "Yes, shallow and pedantic..." :holmes:

FG is great.. Hmm, yess, this issue is shallow and pedantic :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Shes 22 and she got attacked because shes an adult and decided who she wanted to date herself - this shows muslims as being so pathetic yer you can neg reg me but you know its true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    Rubbish I do not believe for one moment that women have a choice in arranged marriage. Women have little rights in backwards countries like Pakistan so don;t even imply that women are free to choose an arranged marraige cause you are not fooling anyone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeowKittenMeow)
    WhatdoWhat do you mean daily mail fail ? The mail is not making things up, its it is not misrepresenting anything. for christ sake her family attactedattacked her and they have went to court for it. So how can it be a dm fail you moron ?
    Perhaps you should look at what you say before you label others morons :holmes:

Also, the DM is notorious for posting nonsense, hence even the OP's comment on it. Though not to say they cannot report news truthfully. Before you try to reprimand me, I'm not even muslim.

ReputationRep:
    a couple years back , she caught the same bus as me and sat behind me

i turned around and i ask her if she was from harry potter movies and she said yes

we starting talking for bit and i found she went to my college when she was 16 and we talk about working with daniel and emma

she was really friendly.... it breaks my heart to hear such news

and oh my days she is so much more beautiful in real life

wish her the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    No prob bro

See you in Afsoc
    You're in the Afsoc whut ?

ReputationRep:
    Whatdo you mean daily mail fail ? The mail is not making things up, its is not misrepresenting anything. for christ sake her family attacted her and they have went to court for it. So how can it be a dm fail you moron ?
    :rofl2:, oh dear. This warrants nothing but a :facepalm: - have you even read what I wrote properly? Honestly, go away.

Oh and it's 'attacked' not 'attacted' :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Wow so they only attacked her for dating a Hindu they must be really good people.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    You're in the Afsoc whut ?
    Yea, I was around for ages. I just haven't been as active there this holiday, got stuff to do you know.

I do pop in occasionally though, and I saw you invading

Spoiler:
    Show
    I corrected that one above too :five:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I was around for ages. I just haven't been as active there this holiday, got stuff to do you know.

I do pop in occasionally though, and I saw you invading

Spoiler:
    Show
    I corrected that one above too :five:
    Oh hahaa - I will post in there more after my exams. Not that exams are a reason for me to not post seeing as I've not done no work for them, but at least I'll have no excuse then to not post! You should post more

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish I do not believe for one moment that women have a choice in arranged marriage. Women have little rights in backwards countries like Pakistan so don;t even imply that women are free to choose an arranged marraige cause you are not fooling anyone.
    I hope you're a troll... or else you're just someone who is really dumb.

Arranged marriage is different to forced marriage. So I guess you've been to Pakistan and asked a good proportion of the female population in order to reach that conclusion? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao :rofl2: Yes they do. Please learn the difference between an arranged and a forced marriage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.