Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Facial surgery - opinions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    Yeah it is, but to be fair, it is worth it if it improves your quality of life, which it will for me.
    Yea I guess so. I'd rather get my teeth done like Cheryl Cole before I got a nose job.

What did you think of my nose pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern)
    Yea I guess so. I'd rather get my teeth done like Cheryl Cole before I got a nose job.

What did you think of my nose pic?
    Oh right yeh. I have braces at the minute, and am getting my teeth whitened when I get my braces off.

I can see why you would want it done tbh, its not exactly an attractive nose. What did you think of mine

ReputationRep:
    Oh right yeh. I have braces at the minute, and am getting my teeth whitened when I get my braces off.

I can see why you would want it done tbh, its not exactly an attractive nose. What did you think of mine
    cool, crest whitestrips are good to get your teeth whitened. I wish I got braces when I was younger so they were all nice and straight.

Your nose looked like it had a bump to it or something. I'm not sure, was hard to tell from the photo.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that this is just a bit harsh:
    I mean, it's no wonder that you girls feel like you have to get nose jobs when you receive comments like this! I, personally, don't see anything wrong with your nose, Casshern.

ReputationRep:
    rarely worth the money or risk, unless you are seriously deformed. much better to come to terms with what you actually look like.

ReputationRep:
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...VH-L77wUon4cCA Check this!

ReputationRep:
    I think that many women feel forced into cosmetic surgery. But if they are truly doing it for their own satisfaction, because they want to look good for themselves (and it's v. easy to fool yourself on this point), then I see no point in getting all high and mighty and talking about how it's such a bad thing to do.

Personally I don't think I'll ever get it. Not because of my strict principles, just because I don't 'need' it/want it (see how I used 'need' to describe what other people would want of me...). Maybe when I'm older and my skin is sagging...I don't know?

ReputationRep:
    I have some moral issues that a woman over the age of 65 can look like this:

(That's Priscilla Presley, she looks younger than her daughter).

People are meant to age.

(Original post by py0alb)
    A girl with AA who goes up to B I can understand. But a girl with B cups who goes up to a DD cup is just weird. What's wrong with a B cup? Why would you want to mutilate yourself like that? What has gone wrong in society where girls feel it is necessary to attach big uncomfortable sacks of plastic under their skin in order to feel attractive?
    +rep.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if you have it done young it does usually increase your attractiveness unless it is botched or that isn't your aim, but when people have procedures when they're older they all end up looking unnatural and unnervingly similar to each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabbycat_Almighty)
    So, the topic of having cosmetic surgery procedures done on your face (nose job, eye lift, face lift, etc) came up in a conversation between me and my friends the other day, and it turns out that some of them completely disagree with it, and wouldn't like it if one of their friends had it done, because it 'wouldn't look like them anymore'. However I think that if it would make someone who was unhappy about their looks happier and more confident about themselves, its a good thing, overall.

I'm curious about peoples' opinions on cosmetic facial surgery...do you agree with it? Do you think it can genuinely improve people's attractiveness? Would it put you off someone?
    It depends, if someone would look much better with it and more importantly feel better then they should go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I have some moral issues that a woman over the age of 65 can look like this:

(That's Priscilla Presley, she looks younger than her daughter).

People are meant to age.

+rep.
    Wow, I never thought I'd see a do-able 65-year-old. She's a GILF :ahee: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Wow, I never thought I'd see a do-able 65-year-old. She's a GILF :ahee: .
    Eh if you're rich you can always look alright by becomig 50% plastic. :top:

Natural beauty is a rare find these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Natural beauty is a rare find these days.
    Especially in 65-year-olds. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone should look nature no one had to change the way they look it wont make you look right.

ReputationRep:
    I think its fine but I'd be to scared to get it done for fear of it going wrong

ReputationRep:
    It's up to them how they spend their money. But I disagree with changing your face for your self esteem. it's your self-esteem that needs changing, not your face. Low self esteem in a person isn't corrected by facial surgery, they'll find something else to worry about in its' place. The idea that "if only I changed my nose then everything would fall in to place and I'd be truly happy" is a total ballsy lie.

That said I have the worlds heaviest eyelids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabbycat_Almighty)
    Surely boobs with implants in are preferable to small boobs/flat chests though, despite this?
    Yeah, if you're less than a C-cup then implants are better than not, but if you're at least equivalent to, for example, a 30C then implants are bad.

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't have it myself because I quite like my face but other people can do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Meh. I'm not bothered about girls being flat chested, but if you have absolutely no boobs at all then you can have the surgery on the NHS I believe.

A girl with AA who goes up to B I can understand. But a girl with B cups who goes up to a DD cup is just weird. What's wrong with a B cup? Why would you want to mutilate yourself like that? What has gone wrong in society where girls feel it is necessary to attach big uncomfortable sacks of plastic under their skin in order to feel attractive?

If someone woke up tomorrow from a 30 year coma they would think we had all become mentally derranged.
    whats wrong with a DD cup? if they are having an augmentation anyway, what's the problem with them going as big or as small as they want (as long as it's possible because i know if you are small to start with you can only go up to a certain size)?

i personally don't see a problem with plastic surgery. i don't judge anyone who has it because if it makes them feel happier and more confident... then really who cares? as long as they are doing it for themselves and not someone else. I don't think it would be for me (though never say never) because i don't feel insecure about my appearance, certainly not enough to go under drastic surgery, and couldn't cope with the operation... but if others want to take the risk it is their decision and i would fully support any friend or family member if they were 100% sure and educated about doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    In my opinion it's the women who started this belief. Men likes boobs, so women think men want more boobs, bigger boobs. Personally I think men are slightly in awe of bigger breasts real or fake. But most do say "more than a handful's a waste".

Also, there are herbal supplements you can take to increase breast size. Why they aren't more popular is beyond me. Anything to avoid having plastic in my tits.
    no, some on here do. why do people feel it's ok to try and put down people with big boobs. i find that phrase very insensative and rude.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.