Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why does everyone have these headphones? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    Yeh blub, y'get me! Real gangsta ting dat innit blub!

I honestly laughed a lot after I read that :p:
    Sounds like something my Dad would say.

It's 'bluD' for future reference. Y'get me fam?

Safe.
    Oh
    I'm from Edinburgh, so forgive me. Next time I go to the ghetto though, I shall remember!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I kinda prefer headphones to earphones, only because I feel earphones fall out of my ears too easily :erm:
    me too

They say to me "I'm listening to music! And I have to make sure you know that too!".

ReputationRep:
      I want these earwarmer headphones tbh, look amazing:

http://www.iworld.co.uk/p/180s_JVC_E...ffiliate=gbase

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
      I'm seeing a lot of these about, including on my own head.

ReputationRep:
      I use a pair of £40 Skullcandy headphones my ex-girlfriend bought me as a present on my birthday about a week before breaking up with me. They're pretty good, they've deteriorated a bit now and I had to glue them together at one point but they do provide a decent sound experience. I tend to listen to music with a lot of bass so tiny little iPod earphones are useless.

It's bloody annoying when you've got them round your neck and stab people in the face whenever they try and hug you, mind.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aja89)

They're sexy

ReputationRep:
      They are actually quite tasty :beard:

ReputationRep:
      These In-Ear headphones are the best you will find for the price- really impressed by them http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...HEADPHONES.htm

ReputationRep:
      These were the headphones everyone wore before you could get in-ear ones :dontknow:

I wear ones like that cos a) my ears are small and a lot of in-ear really hurt my ears after 30 mins wear b) due to small ears most in-ears don't fit and c) if I manage to get them to stay in my ears then if I'm walking I get in a big tangle trying to juggle handbag or whatever and the wires get caught in my hair and trying to organise myself I end up yanking them out. Headband ones stay on your head.

ReputationRep:
      Who the hell has those? People stuck in the 90's trying to reminisce listening to stereos in their room??

Bleugh.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by big-boss-91)
      cheap and looks expensive.

i personally go for skull candy, its a extra £10 and looks cooler
      Lol, an extra tenner to look like a top ******* and have **** sound and build quality.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aja89)

Aren't those the Bieber ones? :/

But on topic- Personally have a pair of Sennheiser in-ear, but wouldnt mind some Bose hi-fi ones

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Thorpedp)
      Aren't those the Bieber ones? :/
      Unfortunately the Bieber child is involved. I believe he chose the colour. The headphones are called 'Beats by Dr. Dre' hence the 'b' on the ear panels. Purple is my favourite colour but I made very sure in the shop that there was no physical trace of the little girl (picture, signature etc.) on them! :cool:

ReputationRep:
      In ears do get tangled and mine always break and have lower sound quality but are easy to store and inconspicuos. Outer ears are generally better although I would never walk down the street wearing them. They are too noticeable I would feel self conscious and a bit of a knob, saw a girl wearing them the other day and she was a typical coolio.

ReputationRep:
      Now you've made me feel silly for having some -.- Well I wear them because my little in-ear ones broke and I was too cheap to spend about £5 on new ones for my phone, lol. So I thought I'd just use the big ones with a handy little adapter on the end. They sound much better too, I care about stupid things like quality :/

ReputationRep:
      They make people think they're black.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lamps08)
      These In-Ear headphones are the best you will find for the price- really impressed by them http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...HEADPHONES.htm
      No.
      These http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/p...roduct_ID/4015
      Are the best to be found for said price...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Arcanine)
      Lol, an extra tenner to look like a top ******* and have **** sound and build quality.
      it makes me look cool, good sound quality and the build could be better but its sturdy

ReputationRep:
      I'd feel a bit self-conscious wearing them I think. They just seem like the kind of thing that only cool/fashionable people can pull off. Whereas I'd probably look a bit geeky and stupid in them.

Plus I'm put off by the fact that some people seem to just wear them as a fashion accessory, or to prove what a huge music fan they are :rolleyes:

But if people are wearing them for the right reasons (i.e. practicality, sound quality) then I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.