Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get to sleep with my boyfriend Watch

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what the others say, it's just about getting used to it. It's kind fo weird how it takes a while to get used to it and then it seems wrong to not do it...I lived on my own before I met my ex and it used to drive me insane sharing my bed a few nights a week with him, he used to wake me up moving around and breathing too loud damn him lol. Then when I moved in with him I got used to it and it felt "right" having someone else in the bed with me. When we split I couldn't sleep properly for ages cos I was so used to having someone else in the bed with me, and now I know that I'm used to being alone again and if I had to share with someone I would find it annoying again! It's just cos once a week isn't really that often you're still more used to having a bed to yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alloysspinnin)
    You want sex with me? Only if ur a girl
    Lol, no thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same! However this is when we sleep in a single bed. It gets way too hot and he has his limbs everywhere and gets really annoyed with me if I try to move them and such (in his sleep kinda thing). So what I norm do is sleep in my mams bed (when she's out) most of the night and go back a few hours before I plan to get up.
    Doubt that was helpful :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've had the same problem before with my ex but i got used to it.
    I did a lot of changes too, starting from the pillows up until i redecorated the entire bedroom.
    Maybe the bed is not comfy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really, but I would suggest that just to get used to it at first, you should make sure you are really tired before you go to bed, so you fall asleep more quickly and despite being annoyed by the noises etc.
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Why not try going to bed separately?

Me and my ex found that if we went to bed together then we'd end up fidgeting so much and he'd end up sleeping on the floor or I'd go onto his sofa. I usually went to bed first, dropped off and then he'd go to bed. We did wake up cuddling a lot but we both slept so much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete, as he uses TSR.

I've been with my boyfriend for 10 months and have slept in the same bed with him about once a week during that time. However, I find it so difficult to actually fall asleep and even when I do I regularly wake up. We sleep close together, ie. my head on his chest/arm, or spooning, but even when we roll over and sleep apart I am still so perceptive to any slight noise or movement he makes. It really annoys me because I am then tired for the rest of the day from lack of sleep. Any advice?
    I stayed with my boyfriend for two weeks straight and even after the full two weeks I still wasn't sleeping properly. I think it just is something you eventually get used to.

I've always had a double bed all to myself so it was a bit weird sharing it with another person, especially one who snores.

ReputationRep:
    Could you have duvet each?

I thought I was the only one who had this problem tbh aha! I really don't know what to suggest overall but I'm thinking you should possibly get a bigger bed so you have more space? I know it feels good being close to them, and you want to make them feel loved when you sleep together like in the movies? I find by just turning over, its alot easier to get to sleep, and if you want to still remain romantic, just put your hand on his or something, overall, sleep is important and I'm pretty sure he wont might if you turn the other way once he's asleep.

ReputationRep:
    Get bunk beds so you're not in each others way. Plus there will be more room for activities :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    being exhausted from sex still doesn't get me too sleep. Pah.
    Start off cowgirl and go until you’re physically and sexually exhausted, then give him a bit of a go at it. If that doesn’t make you sleep well.....you need to put more effort into it.

Cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.