Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mixed feelings about my boyfriend of 9 months Watch

ReputationRep:
    LIVE FOR TODAY, be happy for today,- you're only 19.

Don't look too much forward, just LIVE TO BE HAPPY NOW!

ReputationRep:
    Why is a relationship a "waste of time" just because it won't last forever? The OP is 19, ffs!

If you enjoy being with him and make each other happy I fail to see why that is a "waste of time".

(Original post by Boobies.)
    Doing the ILY too fast = Total relationship killer!
    Does he know you don't like him as much as he likes you? If he knows that (not because you tell him outright, but he must have an idea as to whether you do/do not reciprocate his feelings of marriage and such) and he still wants to be with you then its all good.

If he thinks you're on the same wavelength as him, then there's quite a problem, and it seems unfair on him. Your still young though, he may feel like this now, but is capable of moving on.
    He knows that I care for him loads but I don't reciprocate the feelings in the same intensity. Partly I think its because before university he'd never had a girlfriend and he was a virgin (I'd never had a boyfriend either) and during first year he kept trying to pull girls and didn't do too well and got insecure and is just really happy to find someone who finally reciprocates his feelings. Especially since he got turned down by this other girl he really liked last year and was telling me about it at the time (bit awkward lol). I reckon sometimes with peoples' first relationship they go way in over their heads. I haven't really unfortunately, but I love spending time with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He knows that I care for him loads but I don't reciprocate the feelings in the same intensity. Partly I think its because before university he'd never had a girlfriend and he was a virgin (I'd never had a boyfriend either) and during first year he kept trying to pull girls and didn't do too well and got insecure and is just really happy to find someone who finally reciprocates his feelings. Especially since he got turned down by this other girl he really liked last year and was telling me about it at the time (bit awkward lol). I reckon sometimes with peoples' first relationship they go way in over their heads. I haven't really unfortunately, but I love spending time with him.
    What happened between you both?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.