Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i want to sleep at my boyfriends house!! Watch

(Original post by Danielle89)
    Well first off, you're pretty much talking crap saying that you're taking the pill and on the implant at the same time. Or if you are on both then you've not got both from the same GP as it's next to useless really. If you had said that you were on the pill and using condoms then the story would be more believable.
    What are you on about? I've been on the pill whilst having the implant. It happens often, the implant is a very low dose of the hormone progesterone, sometimes girls have very irregular periods and will take their usual or a low dose pill for some control.

As for OP. I sympathise, I have never quite bought "their house their rules" - to an extent yes, but that can't always be the case. It's not like a seventeen year-old is well able to support themselves, usually, so if you really believed that as a parent then there are all sorts of unreasonable advantages you could take.
    Your the one gonna be looking after them in their old age so they kinda owe you in advance Noone ever takes that into account. Mutual respect and reasonable decision-making no matter who's house it is, I say.

But anyway, I'm sure your parents have no ill intent. I had the same thing with my parents, although we have a very good relationship. In my case they were entirely motivated with the idea of giving a good impression to my boyfriend's parents and I think visa versa! When I went to uni, and he visited me there (so obviously we would have shared a bed) everyone just dropped it. I don't know how your parents are, but that might be how it goes. Perhaps also when you are 18 they will be more likely to drop it. That is if they are following rules they think will make them "good parents", I think a lot of parents are like this because really they are not sure how the best way is to be, especially if they haven't had the same thing with your sister.

If they are very controlling (possibly because of religion) then perhaps my post won't be very relevant, but you didn't make it clear what they are like generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    What sort of boyfriend do you have that lets you take the floor!?

RIP chivalry.
    What happened to chivalry?

It was equality I think.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    What happened to chivalry?

It was equality I think.....
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My dad was the same when me and my boyfriend had first got together... it took me about six months to convince him to let my boyfriend stay over at our house in the end, even though I was sleeping at my boyfriend's house every Friday without him batting an eyelid. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, do I just have the worst parents ever or are your parents just damn strict about this? When my parents found out that I was dating a guy, it was when I brought him to our place. He slept at our place, on my bed next to me. And my parents never said anything. After that I went to his own flat quite many times and he even lived in another city. When I first went there I asked permission and my mum was just "okay, fine, do you have enough money for the train?". I think I was 17 back then. But then again, my parents allowed and still allow me to do almost anything I want. I have travelled, drank, stayed out the whole night without even calling them that I'm not coming home (not that they even called me...), staying at other guys' flats (just friends but they didn't know that) and they don't even know my friends' names... I guess I have really bad parents

ReputationRep:
    Why, does it make a nice change from your dustbin!?

OOH SNAP HEADSHOT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Well first off, you're pretty much talking crap saying that you're taking the pill and on the implant at the same time. Or if you are on both then you've not got both from the same GP as it's next to useless really. If you had said that you were on the pill and using condoms then the story would be more believable.
    I've heard of a fair few people being put on the pill as well as the implant (due to the implant not completely stopping bleeding or other reasons) so it's not completely implausible.

ReputationRep:
    Being on the implant and the pill is okay, The doctors give it to people such as myself so it's not harmful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisplyEmily)
    Being on the implant and the pill is okay, The doctors give it to people such as myself so it's not harmful
    Why did you gravedig a 6 year old post?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.