Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help :( Problem with driving instructor . Watch

ReputationRep:
    Your crying over a driving lesson.......................... ......:facepalm:

get a new driving instructor and stop being a complete spineless loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    As Lack of Creativity said, driving in the UK is very different to driving in the US. Firstly, most Americans drive automatics, so essentially they're simply driving go karts. It takes a little while to get used to driving with a gear stick.

Plus, the roads are very different and far busier here in general.

To be honest, allowing 17 year olds to drive scare the hell out of me. The number of 17 and 18 year olds I've known who are bloody immature and think it's cool to drive with their seat reclined and using their knees to steer is ridiculously high.
    A standard transmission is all I have ever had in an automobile. After a few hours of driving one you don’t even know which gear you’re in as it becomes an instinctive process of knowing when to shift up or down. Ride the bike when weather permits.

The US is not all freeways like you see on the TV or in the movies. We are getting more and more roundabouts which are much better than the intersections with traffic lights.

My comments were really just a reaction to the numerous posts in TSR where it appears that driving instructors are like gods to many of the posters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Thankyou what do you think are the chances of an instructor taking me on in time for my test? I didn't enter my instructors ADI number so it's not just restricted to her. Or am I better off cancelling it and not risking it for the snow?
    In all honesty I would cancel it if you can get your money back. I know someone whose test was cancelled midway with just 5 mins left last year because there was the tiniest bit of snow fall. Also it sounds like you're stressed out by this teacher thing so you might not be in the best driving mind frame.I'd just get a new teacher and rebook it for a few weeks away

ReputationRep:
    I have just experienced the same, I was sick for a week, I called my instructor to book me for the following week, she came but she started having a go on me from the first second, we went for one hour drive, and than i made a mistake to not went for the second gear quickly, she than got mad and stoped the car and start saying that she went accept that and she doesn't went to see me again and she pushed me from her car, I got off the car in nowhere, I dint know the area where she stopped, it took me one hour and half to get home walking because I didn't have my travel card with me, I don't know what to do know, I have paid my second 10 hours in advance, she tried to call me but my buttery was dead, I feel very frustrated, and shocked that there is a people like her, I back home by 9.15 pm, do I have to contact her to give me the rest of money?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.