Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This song makes me cry :( Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Haha, that was the second song that came to mind. Varg must've driven the prison wardens insane with that song :teehee:
    And then he made daudi baldr which was the same idea but with more, shorter tracks.
    Some of them are quite listenable though.

ReputationRep:
    Sad song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    The perfect example of this Nick Drake... There is that wonderfull dichotomy between solemn lyricism and uplifting guitar playing. This is a good example; although, I know there are some better examples of what I mean...

*Place to Be - Nick Drake*
    Great song but off that album, it has to be Parasite for me - lyrically and musically:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    Great song but off that album, it has to be Parasite for me - lyrically and musically:

Yea, that's definately the best track off pink moon... I was merely providing the best example I could find of the contradictory nature prevalent in Drake's music.

What's your favourite album by the way?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, that's definately the best track off pink moon... I was merely providing the best example I could find of the contradictory nature prevalent in Drake's music.

What's your favourite album by the way?
    Probably Pink Moon. I mean, I know it is short but it is so raw and to the point with only one weak moment on it in my opinion (i.e. 'Horn'). I think the whole album is a good example of what you are talking about, that is to say that it is a wierd juxtaposition of bleakness and uplifting. Also, I don't always enjoy the arrangements of some of his songs - I think there is just too much there.

That's a hard question though as I love Bryter Layter too, and 'Riverman' off 'Five Leaves Left' is one of my favourite songs of his.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Wait... did someone seriously just neg MILES DAVIS! How is that even possible. He is a critically acclaimed genius... If I only I could hunt down this ****er!

Hey now, think of your blood pressure I will rep you twice when I can

ReputationRep:
    How about this one:

ReputationRep:
    Probably Pink Moon. I mean, I know it is short but it is so raw and to the point with only one weak moment on it in my opinion (i.e. 'Horn'). I think the whole album is a good example of what you are talking about, that is to say that it is a wierd juxtaposition of bleakness and uplifting. Also, I don't always enjoy the arrangements of some of his songs - I think there is just too much there.

That's a hard question though as I love Bryter Layter too, and 'Riverman' off 'Five Leaves Left' is one of my favourite songs of his.
    For me they're all very close as well. I love all of them... They all serve a different purpose too.

I've also been listening to some posthumous stuff. Go onto youtube and type in "nick drake milk and honey." It's a cover (of someone I can't remember). It actually sounds quite different to his album stuff. Maybe you've already heard it though...

ReputationRep:
    For me they're all very close as well. I love all of them... They all serve a different purpose too.

I've also been listening to some posthumous stuff. Go onto youtube and type in "nick drake milk and honey." It's a cover (of someone I can't remember). It actually sounds quite different to his album stuff. Maybe you've already heard it though...
    Yeah, I've heard that one. I think it may be a Bob Dylan tune.

ReputationRep:
    i findd Concrete Angel quite a sad song

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've heard that one. I think it may be a Bob Dylan tune.
    I found out. it's Jackson C. Frank.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.