Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Teabag, sugar, water, milk. If for me, drink. If for someone else, rohypnol, deliver.

ReputationRep:
    Teabag, water wait 2-5 minutes, remove teabag, milk, other stuff.
    But if using powder sweetener it goes in with the teabag.

ReputationRep:
    Sugar in tea is a crime against tea. 2 minute brew, little bit of milk, and you've got to drink it hot.xx

ReputationRep:
    In a pan, boil water with loose tea, sugar and grated ginger (sometimes add cardamom and other crap). Wait for it to boil and then add milk. Wait for that to boil and finito.

Indian masala chai ftw.

If I cba, then boiled water from kettle, teabag, sugar, milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic)
    Hiya!
    Hahaha HIII.

ReputationRep:
    1. Fill the kettle with water, and turn it on.
    2. Take out a cup.
    3. Put a teabag in the cup, and the desired amount of sugar.
    4. Once the water has boiled, pour it into the cup.
    5. Stir to ensure full flavour.
    6. Add however much milk is wanted.
    7. Stir, and then take out the teabag, squeezing it before you throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    We never make English tea at home, only Indian - though everyone has their own version :p:

Pot on stove, add water, milk, ground tea leaves (yeah we're cool like that) and masala mix (XD).
    Heat until it's risen twice.
    Add sugar to the bottom of the cups, pour in the tea, stir.

Beautiful.

With English tea, I put the teabag in the cup, add boiling water, then milk, then sugar.
    What sort of "masala" do you use and what does it actually contain? I hope it's not garam masala :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Teabag, water, milk, 4 sugars

Really should cut down...

ReputationRep:
    Tea bag, water leave brew for a few mins.

Thats it. I dont even take the tea bag out, no milk or sugar.

Spoiler:
    Show
    'Cos I'm hardcore

ReputationRep:
    This thread is pure genius! :P
    Right the method for a perfect cuppa is as follows

-Boil water and put in a good size cup.
    -Leave the water to 'rest' for a wee bit (if you put a tea bag in straight away the water scalds the tea leaves meaning not as much flavour is released)
    -When its cooled slightly, add the tea bag.
    -Leave the teabag alone for a minute or so then remove trying carefully not to agitate it or crush against the side of the cup... just get it outta there :P
    -Add milk to desired colour.. i like mine a mid brown i think..This is how you gauge its strength... lighter=weaker etc.
    -Sugar (optional) I add 3/4 or so of a teaspoon... just takes the bitter edge off
    -Enjoy

Perfect cuppa!

ReputationRep:
    Cup, ballance teabag on top of the cup, pour water over the top through the tea bag, tea bag falls in, let it brew (if im in a hurry move it around with a spoon), take tea bag out, then add 1 sugar (it will dissolve better in the hotter liquid - milk will cool things down) stir the tea, add milk, stirr the tea. Fin.

ReputationRep:
    I make the most terrible tea in the world. Doesn't matter which teabag I use.. I've tried them all and it always turns out the same. It tastes almost burnt, or like curry. It always tastes watery even though I use milk.

I put a teabag in the cup. I boil the kettle and pour the boiling water over the teabag, filling about 80% of the cup. I then leave it there for about 3 or 4 minutes and kinda press the teabag with my spoon to get all the flavour out. and then remove the teabag. I then add a bit of milk (enough to turn the tea medium brown but not too white) and add sugar.

What am I doing wrong haha!

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly if you put the milk in first the heat from the boiling water kills the 'good bacteria' and nutrients...

I do teabag and sugar, then water, then milk (that way you don't even have to use a spoon - saves on washing up )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    I make the most terrible tea in the world. Doesn't matter which teabag I use.. I've tried them all and it always turns out the same. It tastes almost burnt, or like curry. It always tastes watery even though I use milk.

I put a teabag in the cup. I boil the kettle and pour the boiling water over the teabag, filling about 80% of the cup. I then leave it there for about 3 or 4 minutes and kinda press the teabag with my spoon to get all the flavour out. and then remove the teabag. I then add a bit of milk (enough to turn the tea medium brown but not too white) and add sugar.

What am I doing wrong haha!
    haha! This is the effect of scalded teabags :'(

Let the water cool down a bit before the additon of said teabag... leave it be for a minute or two, remove, stir,milk,sugar (sugar after milk incase you fck up the addition of milk and ruin the cupppa... why waste sugar? :P haha)
    Then final stir :P haha

Hope your tea problems end soon!

ReputationRep:
    Water, teabag for a few seconds, 2 sugars, stir. No milk, ever.

ReputationRep:
    Boil.
    Teabag in cup.
    Water.
    *3-5 minutes*.
    Bag out.
    Small amount of milk.
    Possible addition of sweetener.
    Down.
    Reboil.
    Teabag in cup...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex191)
    I put in the teabag, the sugar and the milk and then add the water. Unless i'm making it for my dad, then i put the milk in last otherwise he moans at me coz apparently it 'tastes different'.
    It totally does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mother_eve3088)
    Supposedly if you put the milk in first the heat from the boiling water kills the 'good bacteria' and nutrients...

I do teabag and sugar, then water, then milk (that way you don't even have to use a spoon - saves on washing up )
    Thats true!
    Milk shouldnt really be heated above 70 deg... cos it burns the sucrose (which makes it naturally sweet)

If you taste cold milk.. then milk thats been heated above 40deg but below 70 or so you will notice that the warm milk is alot sweeter.. this is due to the sucrose being released

Unleash the beast! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    What sort of "masala" do you use and what does it actually contain? I hope it's not garam masala :afraid:
    I actually don't know! But I know it contains cinnamon... XD It's pretty spicy, warms your throat up/burns it if you put too much in so maybe it is garam masala... :|

ReputationRep:
    Teabag in cup, add boiling water, leave for a couple of minutes, take teabag out, add milk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.