ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldscollide)
    What?! :confused:
    pigs in blankets= sausages wrapped in bacon

ReputationRep:
    Turkey and stuffing, nom!

ReputationRep:
    Calorie counting is depressing at christmas :no:
    Take it from an ex-obsessive-eating disordered-dieter. I'm healthier, slimmer and happier now that I ditched my calorie counting book and don't ration myself.

For my x-mas dinner I'll be eating everything smoked salmon for starters, turkey, chipolatas, stuffing, roasties, lots of veg, ... and for desert, christmas pudding, then trifle and whatever else my wonderful chef uncle cooks up for us :love:

ReputationRep:
    A giant portion of turkey, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots, yorkshire puddings and gravy. Then a few hours sat on the sofa digesting. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    lots of veggie substitutes, mebbe lasagne. My family doesnt eat meat and so we just have out favourite foods

ReputationRep:
    Chicken madras curry, with rice and poppadoms, then mississipi mud pie for dessert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Personal choice I suppose! We have goose every year and I absolutely adore it.
    me too, not many people seem to have it though

ReputationRep:
    Roast beef, yorkshire puddings, vegetables, gravy etc :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, brussell sprouts, swede, carrots, roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy, with a creme brulee cheesecake for dessert and loads of the usual Pringles/nuts/Quality street during the rest of the day
    I love Christmas, going crazy and eating things you probably dont eat for the rest of the year is great. It's only one day, you can make up for that later, but enjoy it while you can!

ReputationRep:
    my family dont do xmas dinner...

ReputationRep:
    We don't do a starter but our main portion is massive...
    Turkey, probably ham, bacon wrapped sausages as well as just bacon (love bacon :sogood: ), Brussell sprouts, roasties, carrots, stuffing, and (hopefully) peas and green beans. And gravy. :coma:
    We don't purposely buy/make a certain dessert, but the house is stocked full of chocolate items that surely won't take long to disappear. Yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Hopefully duck.....thats if the shops have any left. If not it'll be turkey with all the trimmings
    Pretty sure ASDA do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyInNeed)
    Pretty sure ASDA do!
    Thanks , I'll check them out tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a Pot Noeldle. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Sounds good, OP, although for dessert you can have some satsumas or something

We're having roast lamb with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and lots of steamed veg and gravy.

When my mum that I wanted lamb because 'chicken was so last year', she found it hilarious... :rolleyes:
    Steamed gravy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3l4x3d)
    Steamed gravy?
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    :facepalm:
    It's what you said.

ReputationRep:
    DiamondDust, How bizarre that you're practically in the same situation as I am!

As a recovering anorexic guy on the verge of relapse, Christmas can be a very stressful time, but it's CHRISTMAS. When I over-analyse, that's when I get anxious, but when you lose control, that's when you get guilty! I suppose you could say "Moderate indulgence!"

When I'm sitting there at the Christmas table with my family staring at a plate of turkey, stuffing, roasties, sprouts, carrots, kilted sausage and gravy, knowing that when I polish it off there'll be chocolate cake to be had, I'll say to myself, "dude, point A: you're like 7 stone, and point B: FOOD TASTES GREAT. Add point A to point B and logic dictates that Christmas is the time to MUNCH!

If you need any moral support give me a shout DiamondDust, and to TC, I'd say to relax a little and do the same. If the freakin' anorexic squad here can loosen up for Santa's Chowdown Day, I'm sure you can, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    What the hell OP? To put it into perspective, I'm in a pretty crap place with my recovery from anorexia at the moment (pretty much relapsing) and I'm planning to eat more than you on Xmas day! If you can't eat on Christmas day when the hell can you? Granted I'll probably pay for it in terms of a mental breakdown and renewed restricting afterwards (obviously I hope not!) but I've always vowed not to let my food issues ruin Christmas! Eat whatever the hell you want! Basically the point of this tangent is to tell you it's Christmas! Seriously, stop the dieting for one day! It won't kill you and you're not going to gain weight from one day of eating a bit more than usual.

Anyway, I'm having a mushroom and chestnut pie, the usual veg, stuffing for dinner. Will probably have apple crumble for dessert. I bought vegan ice cream but I forgot I don't actually like it so my mum can have it! Um... will probably have lots of chocolate if last year was anything to go by! I fancy pecan pie so I'll probably bake some pecan pie bars so I can regulate how much I'm having! Will have mulled non alcoholic wine too! I'm having a minor anxiety attack at the mere thought of all the food I will be ingesting, it's probably more than I've had for the past few months but **** it! Not going to let my life be ruled by fear! I'm also not going to let the day end without me having my first slice of cake in years! Last Christmas was an absolute nightmare, so I at least want to pretend I can be normal and stuff my face even though I'm shaking inside at the thought.

My motto for 2011 is **** it. I'm not going to define myself by how much I weigh or how much I eat. No one else cares, they want me to be healthy and happy. So **** not eating what I want on Christmas day! I might freak out but it will be worth it if I get to allow myself nice food for one day and not worry about the sugar or fat or wonder if having liquid calories will make me balloon the next day. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track on the days afterwards
    and not get myself in a position where I'm ill and hysterical. Christmas is a time to eat, drink and be merry with your family. Why faff about worrying about calories on that day? Watch crap TV and deal with the consequences in the new year (the media exaggerate weight gain over Christmas anyway!)
    :rant:
    /rant

Sorry! I'm not very good at being concise!
    I am the same as you a recovering anorexic and I tried the whole let it go for one day last year and made x-mas hell because I was crying non stop because my gut was soo sore from digesting too much food. Basically I just want to have a wee bit of control for this day - I don't like stuffing my face or letting my hair down it just sounds me into a mental breakdown and my gut goes nuts. As long as it is plain food and not too rich my digestive system can handle it.

I get what you are saying but I physically and menatlly can't do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.