Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honestly - what do you think of my GCSEs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve1293)
    Well done they're great grades! TSR can make you feel pretty awful about GCSE's but they rarely reflect your future A level grades.
    As mentioned before universities don't really care for GCSE grades, but you are aiming for prestigious universities.
    Does Durham definitely do your course? When I researched them they seemed to only do 'traditional' courses so I'd be surprised if they did a creative writing option. Although I'm guessing you've looked into it.

Good luck!
    Oh, yeah, if I got into Durham, which guys, I'm not actually aiming for, but I will apply. I know it's hardly the easiest Uni to get into and I'd be more than happy to go to the others. Anyway, I'd probably just do the simple Lit course. Thanks for comments guys, I know it's really self involved but it's been bothering me for a while. Oh, and *Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Also, my AS Subjects are English Lit, History, Maths and Physics. I've been told I'm very much capable of getting As in all of them, save for Physics, which I'm aiming for a B in. I might actually drop that next year and take another AS while I do my A2s. Maybe something more literary, like Philosophy? Any thoughts guys? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    Since when was getting all A grades at gcse not great? You seem to be the type who looks down on anything below an A* and how on earth can you predict the OP's grades?
    As aren't that great, it is a standard fact. But then I go onto say it depends on his/her predicted GCSE grades whether they have exceeded/fall short.

ReputationRep:
    They're good. You'll just have to work hard and try and get As/A*s at A level.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go kill yourself you insecure fag, I have absolute **** GCSE's, C's and D's and E's and you're here complaining about your A's I hope you don't get into any of those uni's as u seem like an unconfident unappreciative ****er!

ReputationRep:
    They're good. Don't worry . Just be careful when applying to competitive courses such as English Lit at Universities like Durham. They have a reputation for being GCSE Nazis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiFFXIII)
    Why don't you go kill yourself you insecure fag, I have absolute **** GCSE's, C's and D's and E's and you're here complaining about your A's I hope you don't get into any of those uni's as u seem like an unconfident unappreciative ****er!
    haha chill out

ReputationRep:
    R.i.p jo pat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiffxiii)
    why don't you go kill yourself you insecure fag, i have absolute **** gcse's, c's and d's and e's and you're here complaining about your a's i hope you don't get into any of those uni's as u seem like an unconfident unappreciative ****er!
    loool rip sami

ReputationRep:
    Rip every1 `

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiFFXIII)
    You're right, I am pretty insecure about some things, GCSEs included. Hence, the post. I'm sorry if you don't think you achieved much either. In actual fact, I think it probably was selfish of me to post something like this. But I've seen plenty of these kind of posts, where people have 8+ A*s, and it's p*ssed me off, too, but I've never made any comments as pointlessly vulgar as that. I just wanted to use this website for one of the reasons it was set up... But yeah, sorry. It was self-centred.

ReputationRep:
    They're good. Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth Angharad)
    I'm going to shoot myself if someone else posts a thread claiming that they're not happy with their GCSE grades, when they clearly got fantastic grades. You got 8 A's and a B, well done, that's brilliant. Don't be intimidated by people on TSR who got 98325835825802 A*'s, because your grades ARE good and you shouldn't think otherwise.
    I'm pretty sure the OP is aware of that and is more interested in if their grades are acceptable for their uni choices...

ReputationRep:
    quite good TBH, i'll be happy with them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    They are good...if I had come out with those I would have been happy.

As mentioned above, some people on TSR can be a big, lets say big-headed, about their results (I don't really care about what I got, as although I was pleased with them I'm doing A levels so no-one really cares about GCSEs anymore).

Why aren't you pleased with them??

ReputationRep:
    For goodness sake, you got A's in the important subjects you need, even oxbridge wouldnt frown upon that.

I would spend less time worrying about your grades and more time making sure youre doing extra curriculum activities, revising for A-level exams and general things which will improve your personal statement, far more important when it comes to uni applications.

As for writing C.V's pretty much every company wont care that you 'only' got a B in science infact they just want the bare basics of what sort of GCSE's you have once youre at A-level/Degree level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Better than mine (as usual on TSR) and a good achievement.

Although I don't know why people are worried about GCSEs, I only got one A* and the rest were Cs and Bs and I managed to get offers from a top uni.
    what course are u doing?

ReputationRep:
    omg! lolll i got the exact same results.. not same subjects but whatever
    i think their alright... most people i know got a *'s so i felt like a fail lol but then when you think most the country are getting b's and c's its good
    well done :P and nah unis only wanna know baout a levels and how much volunteer work youve done !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon-34)
    what course are u doing?
    I'm not in uni yet, just offers. I'm going to do a psych with neuroscience at leicester and also got another offer from leicester. I got rejected by RHUL and I'm waiting for the replies from QMUL

ReputationRep:
    i got similar grades when i left school in '06, but i guess with the passage of time they want a* now, but tbh no one really cares abt gcse's later on, its all abt a levels, ucas points and what degree u have. most unis are fine with grades B and C in english n maths so i guess ur ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.