Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever sworn at your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    wow you're all such goodies.

Yeah I do, nothing too bad though, usually just screaming at them without the swearing is enough to get them angry

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I've sworn at my little brother where my parents have overheard, but they've just told him it's his own fault and he should stop winding me up.

ReputationRep:
    Both my parents swear when driving, but they never swear at me and I would never swear at them. I would get a slap if I did swear at them :P

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldnt want to. I dont generally swear anyway, in fact no one does in my house.

ReputationRep:
    I did this morning.

That's probably really bad isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Never!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    I did this morning.

That's probably really bad isn't it?
    Yes. You should apologize.

ReputationRep:
    Ever? Haha...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they've been swearing at me all my life and don't really care if I swear at them. I don't say the F word in front of my dad though as that's the only unacceptable one to him.

ReputationRep:
    Only once or twice and it was when I was incredibly angry.

ReputationRep:
    My parents language is horrendous, but if I slipped in any swear words into everyday conversation, I'd get a clip round the ear!

ReputationRep:
    No but my friend told me he said mother****er when he was playing game, its so loud that his dad heard it and had a talk with him LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hell No! :lolwut: I'd get slapped into another dimension.

ReputationRep:
    nah that'd be diabolical

ReputationRep:
    Only a couple of times, I get told off for even saying 'hell' :rolleyes: But earlier I told my dad I couldn't wait 'to move out of this ****ing house' and he didn't say anything back.

ReputationRep:
    Quite surprised by the replies...yes i have quite a few times. She swears at me too, neither of us get offended by it.

Although mostly it's just swearing in sentences whilst being angry at each other.

ReputationRep:
    I swear at my dad a lot cause he annoys me which then turns into a swearing match which lasts a while... Never at my mom though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Only when they swear at me first, but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I swear 'at' them all the time, like if they take the piss I'll tell them to **** off, but it's in a jokey way. I've sworn at my step dad before, but never again.... He's scary!

So I've never really sworn at them with malice, but swear at them all the time in coversation.

ReputationRep:
    From the fact that I'm not dead you can take that as a no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.